• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baby Park is Real (MK 8 DLC)

Love the new tracks, including Baby Park. I honestly didn't care for many of the first DLC tracks - these look like they'll be much more entertaining to drive on.

But let's get one thing clear: the music on these courses are soooooooo boring. Jazz snore fest to the extreme, which Nintendo has embraced in recent years for reasons unknown. Can it be anymore blah? I don't think so! I'll probably drive off bridges on purposes while playing.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Baby Park. Oh the memories.

Ultimate Mario Kart, only missing one last DLC with a proper battle mode.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I was trying to find old posts about Ribbon Road and Cheese Land but I found this post.

why are the super circuit track selections always so garbage

i mean at least it wasn't another damn bowser's castle but mario circuit isn't much better

where the hell are ribbon road and cheese land dammit

Tookay

But let's get one thing clear: the music on these courses are soooooooo boring. Jazz snore fest to the extreme, which Nintendo has embraced in recent years for reasons unknown. Can it be anymore blah? I don't think so! I'll probably drive off bridges on purposes while playing.
Good Lord I don't think I can disagree with an opinion more.

I'm happy Nintendo's been having a big band kick as of late.

Roo

I was trying to find my old post about Ribbon Road and Cheese Land but I found this post.

Well, Cheese Land and Ribbon Road were probably the most requested tracks from Super Circuit alongside Riverside Park so it's no surprise.

It's kind of sad they're DLC tracks and not everyone will be able to play/enjoy them as they do the main game but I guess it's better than nothing.

4Gamer posted some patch notes:

*Download of DLC2 possible
*9 new Mii (amiibo activated) suits
*200cc class added
-Grand Prix: Must beat all cups on 150cc to activate
-VS Race: available from the start
-Online Custom Rules: available from the start
-Friend Lobby: available from the start
-Tournament Settings: available from the start
*When breaking while drifting during 200c mode, sparks will fly from your tires
*Breaking now possible while drifting using the Wii Remote by pushing B, 1, & 2 buttons at the same time
*Able to add CPU players to Online Custom Rules, but only human players will count for scoring
*Pressing the minus button on the following controllers will now put the map on the screen:
-Wii U Pro Controller
-Classic Controller
-Wii Remote + Nun-chuck
*The seasons on the Animal Crossing course are random, except in Time Attack mode, which is limited to Summer only.
*10 new stamps added for use in Miiverse posts
*Other bug fixes and so on.

That graffiti, though:

tumblr_nmu3o0dRPl1t6jvvlo4_540.jpg

CTLance

Baby park with a barrier in the middle is kinda underwhelming. That way, it's just a boring oval. :(

Still, BABBAY PAAAAARK!!!! Wheeeeee!!!

Skyzard

Banned
Of all things.. you want a narrow Baby Park?
literally, whatswrongwithyou.gif?

Nah nah, that would be, well even more luck based/chaotic lol. I forgot it was the really simple layout. Was hoping for less wide tracks.

Fuck that track anyway. Might be fun in mp though :p

Robin64

So uh

What happened to the initial leak being fake or w/e? Did a GameFAQs poster decide to screw with us or something? lol

It wasn't fake, he just posted a sarcastic comment that people took as proof it was fake. Right under that comment he did post "No, seriously, this is real."

Ah well. :)

No mention of 200cc TTs and WWs? Balls.
*Breaking now possible while drifting using the Wii Remote by pushing B, 1, & 2 buttons at the same time
Every Wiimote Time Trialer is about to get a new Personal Record on Rainbow Road.

Seriously, thank god they did this. Otherwise Wiimote users would have been at a pretty big disadvantage on 200cc. Adding in the sparks when braking while drifting is also a nice touch.

It wasn't fake, he just posted a sarcastic comment that people took as proof it was fake. Right under that comment he did post "No, seriously, this is real."

Ah well. :)

As I work for one of the sites that reported it as fake, it's rather embarrassing on our end.. But I'm mostly just glad it ended up being true!

Symphonic

Love the new tracks, including Baby Park. I honestly didn't care for many of the first DLC tracks - these look like they'll be much more entertaining to drive on.

What the hell? In what world is big band jazz considered boring? I mean I can get not liking it, but BORING????

Whoa! Except for the baby level, all the tracks look amazing. Holy shit at underdog Nature Road.

This seriously does resemble Andy's room from Toy Story, right? It's not just me, right?

Haha, I think it resembles every toy room, not one in particular. I doubt they looked at Toy Store for inspiration. There are very few toys in there anyway.

Just noticed Shy Guy Falls and Twisted Mansion are part of the background for the new Baby Park, or atleast semi-replica's of those courses.

LesPaul

Wow Nintendo really really got some nice tracks with this DLC. I am so excited to play this game again. 200CC and the new courses are going to be awesome.

Cipherr

Baby Park haters can burn in righteous fire.

Stay mad boys. I love that track. It just amplifies the use of items SO much. Banana peels every 2 feet, shells everywhere, total chaos. Love it to pieces. The only sad thing is the shells cant cross the middle section in this version, but its made up for by playing with the hover mode which will make bumping into people much more fun when added with 200cc.

Top Bottom