• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back to the future(Telltale game) Behind the scenes Look.

Snaku

Banned
HCo9q.gif

Peff

The model looks pretty good, looks like they managed to hide the shortcomings the engine has when showing more realistic characters thanks to the artstyle. Release date and pre-order next, please :D

V_Ben

Banned
Peff said:
The model looks pretty good, looks like they managed to hide the shortcomings the engine has when showing more realistic characters thanks to the artstyle. Release date and pre-order next, please :D

Yeah, the model seems nice and expressive. Can't wait to see the next part now! :D

Peff

V_Ben said:
Yeah, the model seems nice and expressive. Can't wait to see the next part now! :D

The most interesting thing about the next part is that it'll be the reveal of Marty's voice actor. It's supposed to be James Arnold Taylor, who can pull off a good impression, but we'll see! Hopefully we can get confirmation of Tom Wilson as well.

jman2050

I still find it interesting how much 70-year old Doc Brown in the first movie looks like actual ~70-year old Christopher Lloyd :lol

What is this? This is the first I've heard and from a little research all I know is it's an adventure game. Like point and click adventure? And who are these developers?

I'm pretty skeptical of handing over the writing reigns to game devs. I should probably just suck it up, I guess.

V_Ben

Banned
Peff said:
The most interesting thing about the next part is that it'll be the reveal of Marty's voice actor. It's supposed to be James Arnold Taylor, who can pull off a good impression, but we'll see! Hopefully we can get confirmation of Tom Wilson as well.

Ooh, James Arnold Taylor would be a pretty good choice. That video was extremely impressive. Dude is a talented voice actor :lol

Edit: Ooh, he auditioned for the game! Check the comments, he responded to one!

V_Ben

Banned
notjackbauer said:
What is this? This is the first I've heard and from a little research all I know is it's an adventure game. Like point and click adventure? And who are these developers?

I'm pretty skeptical of handing over the writing reigns to game devs. I should probably just suck it up, I guess.

It's Telltale Games. They know good writing, and they know good adventure games. The game is in quite possibly the best hands possible.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Great Scott, that actually looks.. dare I say it.. good.

Unlike their hideous Guybrush character model, which instantly turned me off of their MI games.

They already have my money. I can't wait to pick this up. Obviously a huge fan of the films. Movies you can watch again and again.

Can't wait to hear the sound effects, how closely they mirror the films. I'd say that it's the sound effects that I'm most interested in, does that seem odd? :lol

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
V_Ben said:
Ooh, James Arnold Taylor would be a pretty good choice. That video was extremely impressive. Dude is a talented voice actor :lol

Edit: Ooh, he auditioned for the game! Check the comments, he responded to one!

James Arnold Taylor is awesome... I hope he got that gig.

castlegar

Has it been confirmed at all that MJF won't be revising the role?

I mean, I know he probably won't (if not), but holy shit if he does. Seems fitting considering his condition, and I know he still does guest-stints here and there from time-to-time

V_Ben said:
It's Telltale Games. They know good writing, and they know good adventure games. The game is in quite possibly the best hands possible.

Good to hear. I don't play adventure games generally, but I can't think of any other genre this game would fit. And if this is making gaf excited, I'm tentatively excited as well.

antonz

V_Ben said:

On top of their skill they have the guy who wrote the trilogy so thats a huge bonus to keeping it into the overarching stuff.

Looking good. Im looking forward to a peek at their Jurassic Park game too

Peff

I mean, I know he probably won't (if not), but holy shit if he does. Seems fitting considering his condition, and I know he still does guest-stints here and there from time-to-time

I don't think it's actually been confirmed but at this point it's very unlikely since that would be a big bulletpoint for marketing. I guess the amount of lines needed for an adventure game (particularly when it's spread through several months) would be too taxing for him, like it was for Peter Sallis in Wallace & Gromit.

castlegar

Peff said:
I don't think it's actually been confirmed but at this point it's very unlikely since that would be a big bulletpoint for marketing. I guess the amount of lines needed for an adventure game (particularly when it's spread through several months) would be too taxing for him, like it was for Peter Sallis in Wallace & Gromit.

Yea, good point, as unfortunate as it is. But how amazing would it be to have a fully-voiced, Michael J Fox in his prime adventure game. One can dream

Now I can set my expectations low for the slim chance it's announced

ElRenoRaven

Oh man that was awesome. I really hope to god this is good. Back to the Future never got a good game. Also with the cast having aged and stuff it's the perfect way to see more wonderful BTTF adventures without doing a movie with a new cast or some stupid remake crap.

Also it's great to hear that Chirstopher Loyd is taking part. Doc made those movies for me and it wouldn't feel right having anyone else do Doc's voice.

Trakdown

On the one hand, continuing after Part 3....not sure if want. :p

On the other hand, if they can do a BTTF game right, it'll be epic.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
michaelsrevenge said:

Eric Stoltz got the part.

stuminus3

Oh, God I can't wait. My favorite videogame developer + my favorite movie trilogy + my favorite Christopher Lloyd, all rolled into one... it's going to be glorious.

Trakdown said:
On the one hand, continuing after Part 3....not sure if want. :p
If found the ending of Part III kind of rushed and forced – Doc's all against time travel in the second and third movies and then he builds that giant train, visits the future, and so on.

There is still a lot of potential story-wise. The idea with the 1960s for example sounded so crazy, they just have to use it.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Meh. Considering Telltale deals in games that focus a lot on talking heads, you'd think their facial animation rigging would have evolved a little further than turning mouths and eyebrows up and down slightly. Not very emotive at all.

Shig said:
Meh. Considering Telltale deals in games that focus a lot on talking heads, you'd think their facial animation rigging would have evolved a little further than turning mouths and eyebrows up and down slightly. Not very emotive at all.
Yup, that's the only problem so far. Looking pretty stiff and unnatural.

I also hope that the voice acting won't be awkward. Whenever movie actors record lines for a game, they sound kind of weird, "game-y" somehow.

Snaku

Banned
Prime Blue said:
If found the ending of Part III kind of rushed and forced – Doc's all against time travel in the second and third movies and then he builds that giant train, visits the future, and so on.

He seemed a lot more laid back after getting laid. He probably figured...what the hell. :D

MMaRsu

Banned
Prime Blue said:

There is still a lot of potential story-wise. The idea with the 1960s for example sounded so crazy, they just have to use it.

Well he just went mad with power obviously

Top Bottom