• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back to the Future The Game launches Dec. 22 on PC/Mac

5264002651_7a0f28c401_b.jpg

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-727
First, here's the news everyone's been waiting for: the first episode of Back to the Future: The Game, It's About Time, launches for PC and Mac on Wednesday, December 22!

As a companion piece to the release date we're now confirming that all purchases of Back to the Future from the Telltale Games Store include a free Collector's DVD which will be published after the conclusion of the season for you to add to your collection - you just pay shipping and handling!

If you've purchased Back to the Future from us, the first episode will become available from the 'Your Games' button on our site (that's the joystick in the upper right corner) on December 22.

Trailer
Marty McFly video
Doc Brown video
Tannen video
www.backtothefuturegame.com

goMaki

About damn time they released the release date! :D Good to hear I will be able to play it before going out of town for the holidays. Can't wait! Woo~

Hopefully they'll (Telltale) offer Steam unlock codes with direct purchases from their site. That's what they've done with Poker Night & Devil's Playhouse, I love that feature.

Reluctant-Hero said:
Hopefully they'll (Telltale) offer Steam unlock codes with direct purchases from their site. That's what they've done with Poker Night & Devil's Playhouse, I love that feature.

They did that due to the TF2 promotions though.

RPGCrazied

Hope my poor computer can run this. I can run the latest Sam & Max, but just barely. If this uses newer type graphics I'm fucked.

HadesGigas said:
They did that due to the TF2 promotions though.
Very true...

And since this is a promotion with Paramount, it's a different beast all together. Oh well, still pre-ordering for $25. Such a great deal.

CJUNDERGROUND said:
Is there a reason for no 360 port??

-Can't sell the full season as a bundle on XBLA.
-Their awful experience getting Wallace & Grommit out.

They are also relatively small and already doing PC/Mac/iPad/PSN.

shwimpy

Playing through Sam and Max right now and it is REALLY good. We're having a great time with it. I kinda feel guilty about getting it for free. :lol

Buying BttF as soon as it becomes available on PSN.

Bog

Junior Ace
LiK said:
damn, that's some good shit. guess i'll preorder.

Keep in mind, if it's anything like Tales of Monkey Island, all of that stuff will be pretty much given away in a few months. Still angry about my $40 Tales CE.

God watching the gameplay videos, it cant get released any faster on PSN.

Its going to be my the first adventure (point and click) game in years. Im burning for this! :D

Back to the Future
Includes free copy of Puzzle Agent with every preorder!
Puzzle Agent is OK . . . a quirky puzzle game with a story line of 'Twin Peaks' meets 'Fargo'.

It is a short little game through.

I want a TF2 hat though. GIMME HAT!

It is downloadable via Telltale Games' site. If you buy it now, you also receive a free DVD with the whole game once the season is finished (you just have to pay the shipping).

It's pretty simple once you found the registration button on their site. You pay via PayPal or credit card and can immediately download the game afterwards – I was pleasantly surprised with how easy it was, seeing how long it took them to convince me to jump aboard. :)

Snaku

Banned
Will I be eligible for the collector's DVD if I got the first episode for free during their promotion? I don't intend on buying the rest of the episodes for PC anytime soon as I doubt my PC can run it. Gonna get them for PS3.

Snaku said:
Will I be eligible for the collector's DVD if I got the first episode for free during their promotion? I don't intend on buying the rest of the episodes for PC anytime soon as I doubt my PC can run it. Gonna get them for PS3.

No, you have to order the complete season. In the past they have offered a cheaper "upgrade to full season" option for people who own an episode of a series already, but not sure if they'll offer that for BttF.

Volcynika

Not sure if it's been posted somewhere, but people that got the offer to get episode 1 for free

UPDATE: Your FREE episode will be available for download in February, just in time for the series' second episode.

Thank you for registering to receive your episode. Your free episode -- Episode 1: It's About Time -- will be available in February. We will notify you when it is ready for download.

:-/

Volcynika

Stallion Free said:
Well I mean you aren't paying anything for it...

Doesn't mean I can't be disappointed. And at first I didn't know they'd give out a rather generic code to get the first episode for free, I got the BttF blu-ray collection partially for the code. So I did kinda pay for it in a way.

EDIT: And they could've made note of that when they gave out the promotion to begin with, rather than telling everyone five days before the release. Would've been helpful to people.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
20101218-cp3tbbucw75mtm3gucjf4tcphi.jpg

Really disappointed that they didn't announce this sooner. I was planning on playing it next week, now I doubt I'll even remember to download it in Feb.

I got the code for the free episode but I won't wait two months for it. I felt guilty having it for free but now, I'll buy it, so it all evens out! :D

DMG-01

I literally just got that e-mail. I don't really mind, because I'm not hyped for the game or anything. But, as a potential customer who is only interested in using the free episode to demo the game, it's really not making me want to buy it. Still going to try it out in Feb though.

Top Bottom