• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back to the Future The Game launches Dec. 22 on PC/Mac

graywolf323

Gold Member
so they don't want to give you time to play the first episode for free in order to get you to buy the rest so you can have them when they come out? that seems silly

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I just received the email, free episode in Feb? :lol I wouldn't have bothered registering if I had known this.

Backflip

I have a question. If I preorder the game on Telltale's store, will I be able to use it on my Mac or do they just sell the PC version ?

Xater

Backflip said:
I have a question. If I preorder the game on Telltale's store, will I be able to use it on my Mac or do they just sell the PC version ?

You can download the version you need.

Father_Brain said:
Just got this email. What the fuck, Telltale?

Yeah, this is fucking lame.

Almost as lame as promising me a free physical copy of the full Monkey Island series if I bought the game at their website, and then -surprise!- charging almost 40 bucks shipping for it. I'm starting to really dislike them.

Kafel

Banned
Fallout-NL said:
Almost as lame as promising me a free physical copy of the full Monkey Island series if I bought the game at their website, and then -surprise!- charging almost 40 bucks shipping for it. I'm starting to really dislike them.

:lol

Fallout-NL said:

Wow. Do you live in Antarctica or something?

Celine

DMG-01 said:
I literally just got that e-mail. I don't really mind, because I'm not hyped for the game or anything. But, as a potential customer who is only interested in using the free episode to demo the game, it's really not making me want to buy it. Still going to try it out in Feb though.
Uh, I'm pretty sure there will be a demo.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Vinterbird said:
Early 2011 (I would guess January)

+ I don't think they'd want to launch Back to the Future together with Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People (which is coming out on next week's PSN update).

Fallout-NL said:

what the hell?

does anyone have a different experience? that is exactly what I want to avoid when I order it.

Xater

Linkzg said:
what the hell?

does anyone have a different experience? that is exactly what I want to avoid when I order it.

Read my post above. To Germany the normal shipping is around $10.

Backflip said:

You'll always get both unless it was one of the first games released that they haven't added mac support for yet. I haven't checked in a while but Sam and Max Season 1 were one of the games not supported yet but they were working on porting it.

Danj

stuminus3 said:
If my calculations are correct, once this thing hits 88mph my PC, you're gonna see some serious shit!

Does your PC have the one point twenty one jiggawatts of electricity you need, though?

dream

Cheesemeister said:
It's pretty lame of them to reneg. I don't have time for this.

Yeah. I love Telltale and I love adventure games but between this and their half-assed iPad support (releasing only episode 2 of Grommit and Wallace and then abandoning the series?)...they're getting pretty douchey.

dream

The sad thing is I'm just going to buy episode 1 now so I don't have to wait till February.

Mission accomplished, I guess.

Danj

What is this free episode thing? I guess I should be glad I didn't know about the free episode offer, I just went and bought it anyway.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Looking at my backlog, I don't mind playing the first episode on February. They are actually making me a favor, in a weird way :lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Killthee said:
20101218-cp3tbbucw75mtm3gucjf4tcphi.jpg

Really disappointed that they didn't announce this sooner. I was planning on playing it next week, now I doubt I'll even remember to download it in Feb.
Screw it, I am going to download it anyway and plug in the serial they gave me. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, but I am not giving up without a fight.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Diablohead said:
wow at some of you who are getting upset about waiting for your FREE episode :lol
Eh, I am not that upset, but I am still going to see if they keys they gave out will work.

FoneBone

Killthee said:
Really disappointed that they didn't announce this sooner. I was planning on playing it next week, now I doubt I'll even remember to download it in Feb.
Really classy (read: awful) way to handle things, Telltale. I'm guessing preorders were lower than anticipated, and they feel they need to push more people into paying right off the bat.

Diablohead said:
wow at some of you who are getting upset about waiting for your FREE episode :lol

It's legit to complain that they didn't give any indication that this would be the case until five days before the episode was released, yes.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Fallout-NL said:

Unless you're using a priority or an 3rd party carrier, I don't see how the hell is that possible.

Danj

So it's Dec 22 now, is this available for download or do I have to wait for it to be morning American time?

Danj

HadesGigas said:
Might be 10+ hours still. Pretty sure Telltale operates on Valve Time.

Yeah someone posted in the OT a post from the Telltale forums that said it wasn't coming out till 9am Pacific. LAME. I hate American time zones :(

Top Bottom