• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Bafta 2021 game award results (Hades best game of the year, TLOU II wins EE public poll for GOTY)

cormack12

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2013
Source: https://www.bafta.org/games/awards/2021-nominations-winners

ANIMATION
Winner - THE LAST OF US PART II Development Team - Naughty Dog/Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe

ARTISTIC ACHIEVEMENT
Winner - HADES Jen Zee - Supergiant Games/Supergiant Games

AUDIO ACHIEVEMENT
Winner - GHOST OF TSUSHIMA Rev. Dr. Bradley D. Meyer - Sucker Punch Productions/Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe

BEST GAME
Winner - HADES Development Team - Supergiant Games/Supergiant Games

BRITISH GAME
Winner - SACKBOY: A BIG ADVENTURE Ned Waterhouse, Jess Gaskell, Pete Smith - Sumo Digital Sheffield/Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe

DEBUT GAME
Winner - CARRION Development Team -Phobia Game Studio/Devolver Digital

EVOLVING GAME
Winner - SEA OF THIEVES Development Team - Rare Ltd/Xbox Game Studios

FAMILY
Winner - SACKBOY: A BIG ADVENTURE Joel Smith, Cesar Bittar, Pete Smith - Sumo Digital Sheffield/Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe

GAME BEYOND ENTERTAINMENT
Winner - ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS Development Team - Nintendo EPD/Nintendo

GAME DESIGN
Winner - HADES Development Team - Supergiant Games/Supergiant Games

MULTIPLAYER
Winner - ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS Development Team - Nintendo EPD/Nintendo

MUSIC
Winner - MARVEL’S SPIDER-MAN: MILES MORALES John Paesano, Scott Hanau, Alex Hackford - Insomniac Games/Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe

NARRATIVE
Winner - HADES Greg Kasavin - Supergiant Games/Supergiant Games

ORIGINAL PROPERTY
Winner - KENTUCKY ROUTE ZERO: TV EDITION Development Team -Cardboard Computer/Annapurna Interactive

PERFORMER IN A LEADING ROLE
Winner - LAURA BAILEY as Abby in The Last of Us Part II

PERFORMER IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
Winner - LOGAN CUNNINGHAM as Hades, Achilles, Poseidon, Asterius, Charon, and the Storyteller in Hades

TECHNICAL ACHIEVEMENT
Winner - DREAMS Development Team - Media Molecule/Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe

EE GAME OF THE YEAR (voted for by the public)
Winner - THE LAST OF US PART II Naughty Dog/Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe

reksveks

Jun 4, 2020
Just to note that this is typically decided by a panel of professionals in the industry whom get the game, typically encourage to play enough of the game and then they have a debate/conversation about the winner.

Reactions: Bryank75

GymWolf

Jun 11, 2019
Everytime hades win a price, a gazelle get eaten by a lion, its just how nature work.

Ivory Blood

Sep 9, 2018
Music and narrative should have gone to Cyberpunk, nothing even comes close to it in those aspects. But indies and woke are the new rage and it's hip and cool to shit on 2077, so here we are.

Also Cherami Leigh did way better job as femV, than Laura Bailey as Abby.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redlancet

Elog

Aug 28, 2016
Music and narrative should have gone to Cyberpunk, nothing even comes close to it in those aspects. But indies and woke are the new rage and it's hip and cool to shit on 2077, so here we are.

Also Cherami Leigh did way better job as femV, than Laura Bailey as Abby.
I am far from certain you will get a lot of support for that. I thought narrative and music was ok in Cyberpunk (so not bad at all) - award winning? Not in my opinion. I see the qualities in both Hades and TLoUII to take the two main spots (does not mean I would put them where they are but they are worthy winners).