• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bam Margera is losing it

Drugs is a hell of a drug.

It is sad to see, but I always wondered what the Jackass guys would do after their 15 minutes of fame was up. They made a name for themselves being idiots. But once people have had enough of that, what are you gonna branch off on? And eventually it gets to a point where you are old news, and your audience are now further ahead than you while the thing you were famous for, is the only thing you can be. I think Tom Green is like that too. His weirdness just cannot carry him anymore.

larkwaffle

Super sad. That Vice documentary from awhile back gave the impression that he was getting his life back together. I guess not. It reminds me of quite a few young family members of mine who have been on similar downward spirals for years.

Whitesnake

Banned
Ryan Dunn is the dead one. Car crash. Rest of the Jackass dudes are still kicking it.

I remember Ryann Dunn. It’s just that the last time I saw Bam Margera was years and years ago, and back then he was fat as fuck and drugged out. I guess at some point my brain just automatically categorized him as “dead” since I figured he would’nd live too long with that lifestyle.

I guess I was wrong.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

1) head trauma
2) alcohol
3) drugs
4) best friend died trauma
5) unstable relationships which results him not being able to fall back on anything.

Super sad. That Vice documentary from awhile back gave the impression that he was getting his life back together. I guess not. It reminds me of quite a few young family members of mine who have been on similar downward spirals for years.

drugs and alcohol, u aint moving off that easily and with that probably some brain dmg from the stuff he did. Yea the guy is a walking disaster and probably will overdose or die from alcohol poisoning at some point, or simple suicide.

Last edited:

kingwingin

I deadass thought he was dead.

FC4k53F.jpg

oagboghi2

The hell is that site? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

edit: David Hayter birthday shoutouts. What a time to be alive.
Funny story. A tech recruiter contacted me about joining their engineering team, but during the interview she was really dodgy about naming the company. When she finally did, I asked her to explain what it is the company did, and mid way thru the pitch she was giving she just burst out laughing. I joined in, and we both pretty much agreed I wasn’t applying.

NYR

There is no recovery for the path he is on. Only small victories, literally day by day. He’s just like Artie Lange, just when you think he’s turned a corner, he reminds you just what a fluke he is to still be alive as you watch him absolutely crumble back to rock bottom.

bronk

Banned
I honestly feel bad for him.... I got so many laughs and happiness out of CKY3 in a crucial time in my life. I hope he gets help.

C4lukin2

Banned
Yeah the mental health of that entire group of people outside of a couple of people has not been great.

I wonder how Johnny Knoxville and Spike Jonze feel about the legacy of Jackass., and its previous and post incarnations.

The cast has had a similar fate as the band members of various Grunge groups of the early to late 90’s.

Last edited:

Liljagare

Further down the rabbit hole he goes.. He also reposted a bunch of videos on insta that he has deleted like, four times allready.

Hope he makes it.. :\

lifa-cobex

Damn, the more weight he puts on and the older he gets, the more he looks like his dad.
He's probably creeping up to the age we saw Phil originally on TV.
Phil's in his 60's now. CKY was about 20 odd years ago?
Bam's almost in his 40's.
Life comes at you fast.

He's probably creeping up to the age we saw Phil originally on TV.
Phil's in his 60's now. CKY was about 20 odd years ago?
Bam's almost in his 40's.
Life comes at you fast.

Yah it does....

Does he have any kids, and will they fuck with him on TV? Could be a hilarious premise.

Banned
Never really like him on the show, and it's interesting to see what a train wreck he has become

Kenpachii

Bam Margera = 39 years old, jackass first episode was year 2000. Dude was 20 years old.

His dad Phillip Margera = 43 years old in first episode of jackass where he appeared in. ( jackass was from 2000 and he was born in 1957 )

So yes he's only 4 years off from his dad age.

Then he also did a ton of drugs and alcohol which you can clearly see on him through his red skin. So he will age far faster because of it.

So yea i would say he's about his dad's age now.

Tesseract

Banned
bam can bounce back but he needs to cut off the psychic vampires and go it alone, work with medical staff, take it a day at a time, and stop hating the world

Top Bottom