• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bamco Producer - "Which Ace Combat/Ridge Racer remake do you want to see?"

Rymuth

Screen-Shot-2016-04-13-at-11.34.52-AM-720x508.png

- Ace Combat Vote

- Ridge Racer Poll (Voting over)

You nerds better vote for Unsung War

**VOTING OVER**

Winners

Ace Combat Poll

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

Ridge Racer Poll

Ridge Racer Type 4

Renpatsu

If they manage to follow through and capture the sheer atmosphere of RR4 in a potential remake I'll be pretty stoked.

Edit:
Which game won the Ridge Racer poll? The results don't appear on the mobile version of the page...
Type 4 with 52%.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Which game won the Ridge Racer poll? The results don't appear on the mobile version of the page...

I'd like to see something like Ridge Racers 3 really, a best of that also has modern mechanics and a slick interface.

Ever since Ridge Racer 7 they've been muddying the purity with car upgrades and slipstreaming (though Ridge Racer 3D struck a fine balance) so maybe it's for the better that they revisit the old catalogue of games.

DMB4237

Neo Member
Oh shit! 5 was the Unsung War right? I got confused and voted for 4 instead. Although I liked 4's storyline as well.

eso76

Glad the Internet chose wisely in regards to RR.
Though I'd really like a ridge Racer / rave Racer arcade port.
Just 1080p that bitch and apply AA in spades and leave everything else as is.
Cheap

acm2000

well ridge racer type 4 is the only properly good ridge racer ever so that poll was kinda pointless

but heres an idea, DONT REMAKE ANY OF THEM, make a new game in the same style as type 4

AmyS

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04...which-ace-combat-ridge-racer-remakes-you-want

"I made the poll on an impulse in the middle of the night,” Kono said in a follow up tweet, “but as has been pointed out this morning, I forgot to include [Ace Combat] Zero. Sorry about that.”

In Kono’s second poll, he asked whether people want a remake of a previous Ridge Racer entry or an authentic evolution of one of those games. The tweet encouraged fans to vote for Ridge Racer, Ridge Racer Type 4, Ridge Racer 7, or an Ultra Ridge Racer with many real cars. Currently, R4: Ridge Racer Type 4 leads the pack with 52% of votes so far. It is followed by Ultra RR at 19%, RR7 at 16%, and RR with 13%.

Kono has worked on several Ace Combat and Ridge Racer games during his career at Namco, serving as director of Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War. He is currently filling the producer role the upcoming Ace Combat 7. It’s important to note that Kono does not indicate whether these two polls are officially sanctioned by Bandai Namco, so it’s unclear if the feedback will lead to any final products.

Rage Racer :(

Honestly though, they really should just remake one of those PSP games considering they have all the previous tracks.

Edit: Okay, Rage wasn't in the running, they made the right choice.

I'm more of a 0>4>5 guy myself, but you have to understand, I want them all.

Edit: Actually thinking about it, since I never was able to play 3 & 2, I wouldn't mind seeing them remade.

My earlier statement stands.

Vorg

Banned
Either Ridge Racer 2 (the psp game) or type 4. I'd rather get RR2 because that has all the best tracks from every Ridge Racer game anyway. It's an amazing game.

AmyS

Nah. It's a good racing game, and a decent attempt at appealing to the GT demographic by Namco's own admission, but it's not really what Ridge Racer is all about.

man fuck real cars

I agree, but IGN's quote, not mine! :p

Vorg

Banned
Nah. It's a good racing game, and a decent attempt at appealing to the GT demographic by Namco's own admission, but it's not really what Ridge Racer is all about.

I think you're confusing type 4 with r:racing evolution or whatever it's called.

Top Bottom