• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandages in gaming

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
So I got my hand burned (I’m fine now), and I was thinking “is there any game character that looks cool in bandages?”

I remember er Mileena And Johnny Cage in MK9, but they look kinda simple. Do you guys remember more people?

Last edited:
knuckles_the_echidna_in_a_cake___by_tanyatackett-da74qs5.jpg

Look at 'im. Look. He got swag. He got the knuckles. And yes, even the bandages.

Snake at the end of first mission in MGS3, I guess looks pretty cool. Same in the jail cell.

MGS V haha not so much. Looks pretty worse for wear.

That said, it's kinda cool when you get wounded during a mission and you load back into ACC and Snake is hooked up to an IV.

Same with MGS3, obviously... Applying bandages with the is a cool detail, too, though they don't add a graphic in those cases... But it's pretty much what you describe. Got burned? Press A to apply a bandage hhhh.

There's a rare animation on MGS3 too where if you damage a soldier in the leg too much, he sits down and other treats it or 'sets it' back.

For another game, I feel like I want to say FF Tactics or Tactics Ogre... was sure there was at least one or two good little sprite dioramas of a character injured with bandages or something. Maybe just wounded or bedridden though. Lots of 'injured character portraits' but usually out in the field, no bandages. Maybe not thinking of TO either, wasn't Lans or anything. Suikoden maybe? It had few times where your character portrait turned to an injured portrait, I think. S5 Hero once, I think... Pretty sure Jowy put bandages on someone in S2, but maybe no graphics either. So I'm not sure another good example haha... FF12 and Basch? He bandages up when you're down in Barheim. Looks very unhealthily MGS V Snake esque =p

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Your boy Johnny Cage
johnnycage-mk9port.jpg

Hopefully in the next Morta Kombat you can change the colors like in other fighters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom