FromSoftware ‘s action role – playing game ELDEN RING has surpassed 17.5 million copies in sales , Bandai Namco announced today . The data is current as of September 30 and is given in the publisher’s report for the third quarter of the current financial year.
ELDEN RING remains the fastest-selling Japanese multi-platform game of all time, well ahead of any Final Fantasy , Monster Hunter , Resident Evil , Metal Gear Solid , Dark Souls , or Kingdom Hearts . Only Nintendo exclusives Animal Crossing : New Horizons and Pokemon Sword & Shield sold better .In the first half of fiscal 2022, sales of home video games are expected to reach 5.4 million units for new titles and 19.21 million units for repeat titles.
became. As for the new titles, there are multiple titles such as “Digimon Survive” and “Taiko no Tatsujin”.
It became a mash hit. Among repeat titles, “ELDEN RING,” which was released in the fourth quarter of the previous fiscal year, is favorable.
By the end of September, it had sold a total of 17.5 million units worldwide.
The fastest-selling Japanese games in history (data for the first three quarters since release) :
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 26.04 million copies (March 2020 – September 2020)
- Pokemon Sword & Shield – 18.22 million copies (November 2019 – June 2020)
- ELDEN RING – 17.5 million copies (February 2022 – September 2022)
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii – 15.81 million copies (November 2009 – June 2010)
- Pokemon Sun & Moon – 15.67 million copies (November 2016 – June 2017)