• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco trademarks Mr. Driller Encore, Klonoa Encore, and other ‘Encore’ titles in Japan.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Bandai Namco Entertainment filed trademarks for various new “Encore” titles in Japan on September 4. One of the trademarks—Mr. Driller Encore—also includes a logo.

“Encore” is the subtitle Bandai Namco has given to two recent remasters. Katamari Damacy remaster Katamari Damacy Reroll, which launched for Switch and PC in December 2018, is titled Katamari Damacy Encore in Japan. And the recently announced Kotoba no Puzzle: Moji Pittan Encore for Switch, which is due out in spring 2020 in Japan, is based on the Wii title Kotoba no Puzzle: Moji Pittan Wii Deluxe.

The full list of new “Encore” title trademarks includes:
Unrelated to the “Encore” trademarks, a trademark for “Rise of New Champions” was also filed by applicant Shueisha and representative Bandai Namco Entertainment, suggesting it might be the subtitle of an upcoming Jump property video game.

Like SEGA, Namco has a gigantic back catalog that deserves to be revisited. Where's my Ace Driver, Rave Racer, Xevious 3D, Tekken 2, and Time Crisis guys, and where's The Outfoxies?

Also they created one of my favorite puzzle games ever, Aqua Rush:

Last edited:
ury6RZg.png

I AM READY TO WAHOO

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I have Wagyan Land on Super Famicom but it's tough to progress past the quizzes (I don't speak Japanese).

Mr. Driller has my attention, and this reminds me I need to finally play my Wii copy of Klonoa.

sublimit

Banned
Klonoa remaster would be great but what i would love the most is a new Klonoa game! That franchise deserved many more chances than Namco gave it.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
It will be like thier last gen DX games. One hit, one mediocre follow-up and series dropped.

sol_bad

If these are all back catalogue titles that they are released, I have to say I am really impressed with Japan publishers, they are doing a great job of bring their old games to the present.
C'mon EA, hurry up and release your old console games already!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom