• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banjo and Kazooie are coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I just saw a vid of a bunch of nutcases screaming and jumping around all over the place upon the reveal, like they'd just scored the winning goal in the World Cup final. Who are these lunatics?
Scoring the winning goal at the world cup final probably pays better. But I rather have Banjo.

Codes 208

Of all the embarrassing things gamers have done... this takes the cake

On a related topic...any chance of a GOTY edition?
Being publically excited for something is embarrasing? Thats nothing, the most pitifully embarrassing thing i can think of that gamers have done is when someone got killed because they got swatted by some sore loser who lost at a game of CoD.

DansDans

Being publically excited for something is embarrasing? Thats nothing, the most pitifully embarrassing thing i can think of that gamers have done is when someone got killed because they got swatted by some sore loser who lost at a game of CoD.

I dunno if embarrassing is the word for that - there are clear mental/discipline issues at play if someone thinks calling SWAT is a solution for losing a game. Its disappointing that anyone thinks thats a solution to any problem to be honest - and the word "embarrassing" wouldnt encapsulate the general feeling felt by everyone

Maybe embarrassing is the wrong word for that video? It's definitely cringe-worthy

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Now her

large.jpg

Please Nintendo make it possible

Codes 208

Now her

large.jpg

Please Nintendo make it possible
You gotta ask sony politely to allow that to happen first.
I dunno if embarrassing is the word for that - there are clear mental/discipline issues at play if someone thinks calling SWAT is a solution for losing a game. Its disappointing that anyone thinks thats a solution to any problem to be honest - and the word "embarrassing" wouldnt encapsulate the general feeling felt by everyone

Maybe embarrassing is the wrong word for that video? It's definitely cringe-worthy
Thats more reasonable. I just see it as a bunch of gaming doofs getting excited but i can easily see how its cringey listening in on them.

Porcile

Rare characters back where they belong and the little nod to them from Nintendo was a great touch. For a certain kind of Nintendo fan everyone knows that a big part of Nintendo vanished when Rare left, and a big of Rare vanished when they left Nintendo.

I don't think Microsoft need to fuck around anymore, get those boys and girls developing games on the platform where they belong and reap the benefits.

Not to throw a wet blanket on this announcement as it's great news for Smash fans and good on MS to allow it...

Buuuut.. At the same time...

This announcement with nothing of the sort on the MS side is a slap to the face to classic Rare fans who followed them to Xbox and only serves to highlight how badly the wealth of IP owned by them have been mismanaged and ignored. Case in point, turning the anticipated 360 Banjo sequel into a weird vehicle design puzzler and now... Battletoads and thats it...

-MD-

Rare characters back where they belong and the little nod to them from Nintendo was a great touch. For a certain kind of Nintendo fan everyone knows that a big part of Nintendo vanished when Rare left, and a big of Rare vanished when they left Nintendo.

I don't think Microsoft need to fuck around anymore, get those boys and girls developing games on the platform where they belong and reap the benefits.

A good next step to take is putting Rare Replay on Switch.

I'm still not sure why it's not on PC either.

V

Vader1

Unconfirmed Member
I’m really excited, they seem like fun characters to play

People underestimate just how important this is, and the potential this could lead to.

Some games are played when new and then forgotten to the sands of time, but some games never vanish from your subconscious.

Yes, it's a coincidence that a good chunk of those tend to be produced by Nintendo or, like in the case of Banjo, published by Nintendo on their console back in the day.

Good, proven IPs should be preserved and celebrated. That's why we have Smash Bros. It took a few entries to build up to this, but the journey was worth it.

Codes 208

Hopefully this is the hint to MS we need for them to realize that we want more (non-bastardized) banjo.

I was hoping theyd take the hint when crash and spyro proved that classic 3d platforming games can still be relevant in today’s age.

Hopefully this is the hint to MS we need for them to realize that we want more (non-bastardized) banjo.

I was hoping theyd take the hint when crash and spyro proved that classic 3d platforming games can still be relevant in today’s age.
N. Sane Trilogy was released in mid 2017. We can not only assume that Crash might be one of the last DLC fighters, but also that the sales performance was blatantly obvious by the end of that year. Games have average dev times of 2-3 years, and Microsoft may not want to keep us waiting more than a year after the whole Nuts & Bolts debacle where they released a teaser around 2006, only to, in 2008, reveal that the game was reworked into a lego car building sim or however one would describe Nuts & Bolts.

3y8COzu.gif

Good on them for enjoying themselves.

I find it funny how they reacted when Banjo was on for real and not the Troll part which was obviously just to make it last longer (the suspense)

I did go "Holy Shit" but I expected it.

I find it ironic that more Americans get hyped up for a British made character/game than the British do.

Although proud for them to represent us in the UK.

Last edited:
Every E3 I come to watch the Microsoft conference expecting a new Banjo & Kazooie and every year I'm left disappointed. At least now we got something, but still.... B&K Microsoft, it's one of the franchises you have that fills a genre you're lacking in, it has star power through nostalgia and it shouldn't be too expensive to make.

buizel

Banned
I enjoyed this compilation of streamer reactions... for a bit. Had to turn it off eventually.

There's this one called MissClicks Gaming and she is like fake crying in hysterics over the new Zelda. Like all the qualities of a fake cry none of the tears I don't understand if this is what were molding the next generation into or something ??

Oldmanshoutsatcloud.jpg

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
There's this one called MissClicks Gaming and she is like fake crying in hysterics over the new Zelda. Like all the qualities of a fake cry none of the tears I don't understand if this is what were molding the next generation into or something ??

Oldmanshoutsatcloud.jpg
No need to single her out, Youtubers in general deal in absolutely fake display of emotions. I mean, there was this guy who called the Jiggy "the Banjo icon" and he celebrated more than I did (probably among the top 1% of Banjo fans!). When a Youtuber shows a real emotion, he will still exaggerate it like crazy.

Murdoch

I enjoyed this compilation of streamer reactions... for a bit. Had to turn it off eventually.

Sweet lord... something has changed dramatically in yoof culture since I was a lad :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Edit : I think 95% of the people have missed the whole "Raring to go" pun. I didn't see a single one of those reaction videos refer to it. Made me smile at least.

Last edited:
Top Bottom