• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts Platforming 101

George K.

Apologies for the late bump, yadda-yadda-yadda...

M3wThr33 said:
Monday the 14th. 10:30 AM PDT. He's a liar.
Excuse me? I do hope that motion controls in Banjo "theory" has finally been quashed. Or will I have to put up with being called a liar right up until release?

BTRA said:
Sadly, this will probably be the last Banjo-Kazooie game, or if not, for a very long time. It's not like Mario Galaxy where its radically different but maintains the same charm and style that is what Mario is, but for Banjo-Kazooie, it keeps no charm or style or platforming that made Banjo back in the N64 days and on the Game Boy Advance.
For me, the charm of Banjo's previous console outings was evident in the cast of characters, the humorous script, the music, the bizarre nature of the levels and challenges... all of which are very much a part of the new Banjo game. However, charm is subjective so your mileage may vary.

PseudoKirby said:
WHERE THE HELL CAN I DOWNLOAD THE FULL HD TRAILER!?
I always use GamersHell.com - they're a great resource and their content doesn't tend to be watermarked, either.

Darunia said:
Yeah that vid was scary, looks like it was made specifically for GAF :lol
Not just GAF... but yeah, you could say it's a response. We don't work in a vacuum and like to keep abreast of internet carried opinion.

Exempted said:
He knows what a hybrid is, he wants to know what the other genre/s is/are.
Was this ever answered...? :D

I hope that we can get some jiggys without using vehicles also George, Why do you always dodge my Conker Sequel question:lol Also are we ever going to get a demo of Banjo?

S1kkZ

hey george k., will the walktrough videos from ign ever hit the marketplace?
i really want to see them in hd.

will nuts and bolts be playable at gc leipzig?

George K.

Shadowlink123 said:
I hope that we can get some jiggys without using vehicles also George,
Notes can be collected without the need of vehicles for sure, and you can pick up the Jiggys in Showdown on foot as well. To win the Jiggys in the various Game Worlds, you'll need to use a contraption, to the best of my knowledge.

cjelly said:
Hey, George, any ideas when we'll hear/see stuff on Banjo XBLA?
No idea, sorry. I've not actually seen it myself, yet!

S1kkZ said:
hey george k., will the walktrough videos from ign ever hit the marketplace?
i really want to see them in hd.
Doubt it, as I think it's IGN exclusive content - right?
S1kkZ said:
will nuts and bolts be playable at gc leipzig?
To the press, almost certainly. I've no info about a full public hands-on, though.

George K.

Shadowlink123 said:
:lol :lol you just dodged my Conker question again :( Also are we ever going to see a demo of Banjo for 360.
Probably not before the game's release. The team are working night and day to finish the full game and polish it up, so I doubt they'll have the time to create a standalone demo for Marketplace until after it's shipped. This might change, it all depends on how things go. Software development of any kind is hardly an exact science.

Brashnir said:
LIAR!

sorry, couldn't resist.
Itz da troof, honest guv.

PSGames

George K. said:
Excuse me? I do hope that motion controls in Banjo "theory" has finally been quashed. Or will I have to put up with being called a liar right up until release?

No motion controls? I thought they'd work really well with this game. Oh well :-(

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
[Nintex] said:
Cool questions...

Is there going to be a demo I can't wait to play it!

IIRC, not until after release. The thing about this though is that people at E3 said that frame rate is already smooth. George, I have a question. Are you guys shooting for 60fps or 30fps. 30fps in a game like this is understandable because of all the geometry needing to be rendered, but 60fps for this would be amazing. Just curious.

George K. said:
Probably not before the game's release. The team are working night and day to finish the full game and polish it up and I doubt they'll have the time to create a standalone demo for Marketplace until after it's shipped. This might change, it all depends on how things go. Software development of any kind is hardly an exact science.
Kind of off-topic but do you know if they are talking about a Conker Sequel or KI sequel, That would be awesome.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Agent Icebeezy said:
IIRC, not until after release. The thing about this though is that people at E3 said that frame rate is already smooth. George, I have a question. Are you guys shooting for 60fps or 30fps. 30fps in a game like this is understandable because of all the geometry needing to be rendered, but 60fps for this would be amazing. Just curious.
Oh, God, yes. 60fps, please!

PSGames

Agent Icebeezy said:

Viva Pinata (the engine this game uses) was much smaller in scale and ran at 30fps so I would expect the same for Banjo.

I'm hoping the game provides a little bit of background for those of us who haven't played Banjo in freaking forever.

I'm so pumped about Banjo though :D

<3 George! Thanks for answering a few of our questions.

I fear I know the answer before I ask, but any chance of a MP beta before release? :D

Considering this game +1 on the NPD sales charts from me!

Agent Icebeezy

screenshot_5647.jpg

screenshot_5644.jpg

screenshot_5642.jpg

screenshot_5634.jpg

screenshot_5629.jpg

Man, the nostalgia I'll feel when playing through Banjo Land will just be through the roof.

The only thing about these screens that I don't particularly like is that 'artificial' look the game's art has. I know it's supposed to look like that, but it looks a bit ugly to me in places, like in Nutty Acres.

Everything else is sublime though.

MCD

GreekWolf said:
I mean, come on now... this shouldn't even be possible on a 2005 GPU like Xenos. How does Rare always manage to do this?
while it's a cool picture i've seen something like it in blue dragon, maybe not as good but you get what i mean.

Agent Icebeezy

GreekWolf said:
I mean, come on now... this shouldn't even be possible on a 2005 GPU like Xenos. How does Rare always manage to do this?

Nobody has really bothered to push Xenos until now. It is the first GPU of its kind. Besides, this is the first game to have their engine totally done on the 360. This isn't surprising and yes, Rare are gods. :D

All games going forward will be done on this engine. So, if Kameo 2 and PDZ2 are next up, this is the engine they will use.

M3wThr33

Banned
GreekWolf said:
Good reuse of textures and models balanced with a DOF to mask out the LOD?

lix2k3

this game looks fricking sweet. I've never played a banjo game in my life and this is on the top of my list for games this holiday. The haters can say what the want...I don't know what MS would do without Rare. Viva TP and Banjo N&B are day 1's for me...

Top Bottom