• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banned from ResetEra for wanting to play Hogwarts Legacy

Have you ever been banned from ResetEra?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
After one whole day of posting (less than 10 posts) I was perma-banned from ResetEra. Apparently you can't say that you won't let J.K. Rowling's comments/actions prevent you from enjoying the Hogwarts Legacy game without it being considered "bigotry" and "ignoring issues concerning transphobia". It doesn't matter if you say, "I don't support bigotry or transphobia," either. I wondered if all of the rumors I had heard about ResetEra being super strict were overblown, but I found out the hard way that they weren't. That site is the epitome of an echo chamber.

Have you been banned from ResetEra? If so, feel free to share your story here! Mods, feel free to move this if it's in the wrong place, or lock/merge it if there's another existing thread this belongs in.

J3nga

I dunno what has happened I just posted this:
l1I3GMl.jpg

ManaByte

After one whole day of posting (less than 10 posts) I was perma-banned from ResetEra. Apparently you can't say that you won't let J.K. Rowling's comments/actions prevent you from enjoying the Hogwarts Legacy game without it being considered "bigotry" and "ignoring issues concerning transphobia". It doesn't matter if you say, "I don't support bigotry or transphobia," either. I wondered if all of the rumors I had heard about ResetEra being super strict were overblown, but I found out the hard way that they weren't. That site is the epitome of an echo chamber.

They did the same thing with Cyberpunk over a fucking poster. Then we did that great poster design contest to shove it in their face.

Aenima

I got banned more times in 1 year in the purple asylum, than on GAF in 15 years.

My account there is still active but i stoped posting and visiting that place since the Cyberpunk launch, when they banned any conversation about the game, or anyone that showed interest in the game.
The console version of the game was having alot of issues at launch and was impossible to discuss and get any information about the game there. Was the moment i realized that was not really a gaming forum.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Not shocking to be honest. I left there due to how insane they were becoming. Not surprising they're pretty much shutting down any talk of a game related to an author they dislike.

PanzerAzel

I don’t understand how someone can not be banned at that shithole site, because their rationales for transgressions appear to be entirely arbitrary and based not on what is explicitly stated, but what THEY decide to read into it. People get axed all the time for things they didn’t even remotely say, and that you’d have to be actively looking to construe a particular subtext/insinuation/implication from.

Seriously, I don’t understand how anyone, even those who take extreme caution in dissecting every post they make, can avoid bans. I can only imagine those with thousands of posts are played favorites, or constantly make it a point to hate on big bad whitey.

Last edited:

ManaByte

I don’t understand how someone can not be banned at that shithole site, because their rationales for transgressions appear to be entirely arbitrary and based not on what is explicitly stated, but what THEY decide to read into it. People get axed all the time for things they didn’t even remotely say, and that you’d have to be actively looking to construe a particular subtext/insinuation/implication.

Seriously, I don’t understand how anyone, even those who take extreme caution in dissecting every post they make, can avoid bans. I can only imagine those with thousands of posts are played favorites, or constantly make it a point to hate on big bad whitey.

Every single day there is walking on eggshells and then stressing out if what you just posted would get you banned.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I've gotten some pretty fucking dumb warnings over there, but then again I've gotten a couple of dumb warnings here. ResetEra exists to be an echo chamber and cash grab for that guy who sold it.

Honestly, I'm surprised it hasn't eaten its self and collapsed yet.

yurinka

They were claiming that the Cyberpunk 2077 creators were racists because a faction called The Animals featured black guys and Voodoo Boys were cultural appropiation and some other nonsense. The Cyberpunk creator, who also worked in the game, overviewed everything and gave his approval, explained why -obviously- these claims didn't make sense and why they were wrong. Then Resetera folks insulted him, called him white supremacist. I explained that he isn't a white supremacist, he's the total opposite of a white supremacist or a racistt, and that he's even an American black guy, this one:

mike-pondsmith-cyberpunk.jpg

I got permabanned for 'rationalizing racism'.

I once got tempbanned for saying Konami rereleased Castlevania SOTN on Sony platforms specifically way too many times. (This was at the time when Castlevania Requiem was announced, which was LITERALLY a dumbed down version of Dracula X Chronicle that is missing the Dracula X Remake part, put on the PS4 specifically after Konami specifically removed compatibility for Dracula X Chronicle on PS Vita and other platforms that would logically have PSP legacy compatibility. All of this while Symphony of the Night was already available on PS Store via PS1 emulation.)

Erdrick

Had enough of that idiotic place's inane perpetual outrage at everything. I asked for my account deletion in December 2020 and have never regret it since. Only went there in the first place to keep up with a group that used to be here primarily, but I don't need an environment as insane as that in my life.

I was banned there for a week in the summer of 2018? For not hating Koichi Sugiyama.

Fuck that place. Good riddance. I've been much happier without that circus show.

ssringo

Pretty easy to not get banned on REE. If you want to step over the woke line by daring to challenge their stupidity only do so with the most limp wristed argument you can muster while groveling about how woke you actually are. Or wait until one of the protected class (read: mod's friend) decides it's okay to drop the holier-than-thou preening.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
They've had that posture for awhile now and you seem to have been aware of that and went poking the bear anyway. So you essentially proved that water was wet. Congrats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom