Barr Assigns U.S. Attorney in Connecticut to Review Origins of Russia Inquiry

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009

WASHINGTON — Attorney General William P. Barr has assigned the top federal prosecutor in Connecticut to examine the origins of the Russia investigation, according to two people familiar with the matter, a move that President Trump has long called for but that could anger law enforcement officials who insist that scrutiny of the Trump campaign was lawful.

John H. Durham, the United States attorney in Connecticut, has a history of serving as a special prosecutor investigating potential wrongdoing among national security officials, including the F.B.I.’s ties to a crime boss in Boston and accusations of C.I.A. abuses of detainees.
His inquiry is the third known investigation focused on the opening of an F.B.I. counterintelligence investigation during the 2016 presidential campaign into possible ties between Russia’s election interference and Trump associates.

The department’s inspector general, Michael E. Horowitz, is separately examining investigators’ use of wiretap applications and informants and whether any political bias against Mr. Trump influenced investigative decisions. And John W. Huber, the United States attorney in Utah, has been reviewing aspects of the Russia investigation. His findings have not been announced.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
FISA abuse I think is all but guranteed and Comey will most likely be indicted. Lots of evidence pointing that the FBI knew the dossier was dirty and bunk and still called it verified.

The whole thing with Papa G is more difficult and on that one I don't know if they will get anything. Someone is lying of the 3 and I hope they get to the bottom of it. The FBI say Mifsud is a Russian spy, Papadapolous says he is a Western spy, and he says he is neither and never discussed any emails. Bigger question might be why after they say Mifsud lied to them they never tried to arrest him again or bring him in.

This is why the Democrats are going so crazy. When Barr said there was spying it sent the Dems into a lunatic frenzy. ITs almost as if they are obstructing something...

Reactions: Oner

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
This guy certainly looks like a bulldog. If someone is going something, this guy looks like he'll find it.

Welp, we waited 2+years to find out the results of the Mueller probe, so now we play the waiting game again. Any guesses on how long this will take? My guess is, if there is anything found, and if its implicates the "right people", we'll find out about it right around election time for maximum effect to make some folks look really damn bad. If there's nothing, or its minor, it'll happen quickly.

Nothings more dramatic then elected officials in cuffs so let's see what happens.

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014
This guy certainly looks like a bulldog. If someone is going something, this guy looks like he'll find it.

Welp, we waited 2+years to find out the results of the Mueller probe, so now we play the waiting game again. Any guesses on how long this will take? My guess is, if there is anything found, and if its implicates the "right people", we'll find out about it right around election time for maximum effect to make some folks look really damn bad. If there's nothing, or its minor, it'll happen quickly.

Nothings more dramatic then elected officials in cuffs so let's see what happens.
I think it will happen quickly. Cards are falling into place that have long been discussed. I think we'll see large declassifications soon. The wild card is how vested the media is in maintaining the cover they've been running.

But I think they already know a lot more than they're showing.

Reactions: Oner

Burnttips

Mar 27, 2019
They will get some for leaking to the press and some for lying and that’s about it. It will look bad for the Obama era for sure but nothing is going to happen. Dems will eventually will win back the WH and do this stuff on a scale that will make China and Russia blush.

Cucked SoyBoy

Dec 18, 2018
I really hope this moves considerably faster than the Mueller investigation, if only to show what a complete political farce that was.

Yes. Mueller definitely should have wrapped it up by summer of 2018. If you can't find anything in a year and a half, just forget it ffs.

Letting it drag out and impact the midterm elections was gravely irresponsible.

Joe T.

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
I would find it amusing to watch these investigations affect public opinion about the Democrats in the lead up to the 2020 election, not unlike the onslaught of mainstream media BS regarding Russiagate wound up poisoning the minds of Americans leading up to the midterm elections. I would see it as karma. They opened pandora's box trying to take down a duly elected president in this manner, good luck escaping the consequences now that the tide has turned.

Reactions: ConnorDuffy1977
Jun 26, 2018
Milwaukee, WI
Good move. the IG doesnt have subpoena power or the ability to charge those who committed the fraud.
I do wonder how closely, if at all, the two investigators will work with each other. Especially after reading this:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Yes. Mueller definitely should have wrapped it up by summer of 2018. If you can't find anything in a year and a half, just forget it ffs.

Letting it drag out and impact the midterm elections was gravely irresponsible.
The question is when did Mueller in the investigation know there was no collusion. The report said no collusion, so did he find this out half way through? Or did it really take him 22 months to come to that conclusion? I kinda find it hard to believe that Mueller didn't know this was hoax before his 22nd month.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I do wonder how closely, if at all, the two investigators will work with each other. Especially after reading this:

Boom goes the dynamite.

I think the Lamestream media said it best... "THE WALLS ARE CLOSING IN".

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com

Pretty big deal that FISA stuff is finally coming to light.

Bombshells incoming.

Jun 26, 2018
Milwaukee, WI

Bill Barr did not mince words about his brawl with House Democrats when he ran into Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday on the sidelines of a Capitol Hill event.

According to a source close to the attorney general, Barr approached her in a holding tent after the National Peace Officers Memorial Service and asked whether she had brought her handcuffs.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018

Bill Barr did not mince words about his brawl with House Democrats when he ran into Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday on the sidelines of a Capitol Hill event.

According to a source close to the attorney general, Barr approached her in a holding tent after the National Peace Officers Memorial Service and asked whether she had brought her handcuffs.

This guy 😂

infinitys_7th

Oct 1, 2006
Who's going after Graham? I'm up to date on news and I havnt heard anything. Did I just miss it?
The standard exceptionalism. "He obstructed by telling Trump Jr. to take the 5th! He spoke to a Russian once, so he's a spah!"

Which is pretty ironic considering Graham used to be hardline "There was Russian collusion".
That was before McCain died, and (I assume) the compromising photos or whatever hold he had over Graham vanished.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013

Kinky.

bucyou

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2018
didnt see this posted yet..

U.S. Attorney John Durham has already used a grand jury in Connecticut, attorney Joe diGenova said on Tuesday.

DiGenova said Horowitz has already determined that the three FISA extensions against onetime Trump campaign aide Carter Page were illegally obtained and he is now the brink of finding the first FISA was completely illegal.

Horowitz can recommend that people be prosecuted, and diGenova suggested former FBI Director James Comey and former CIA Director John Brennan have the most to fear.

"This is now big time. This is where Brennan needs five lawyers. Comey needs five lawyers," diGenova said. He also said Brennan will probably see prison time.

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
didnt see this posted yet..

I havnt looked into yet, but does anyone know when the last time the ex head of either the CIA or FBI were imprisoned?

This could be huge news, and as we all know, the intelligence chiefs usually act on the behalf of someone else.

This could go deeper then anyone imagined.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: bucyou