• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Barry Dennen, voice of Fatman in Metal Gear Solid 2, has passed away

NYR94

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=30752

American actor Barry Dennon passed away yesterday at the age of 79. He suffered from a brain injury caused by a fall earlier this year. During his career, Dennon played parts in movies such as Titanic, The Shining, and Jesus Christ Superstar, and also did voices for videogames.

Fellow MGS2 voice actor John Cygan passed away in May.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Laugh... and grow fat :(...

One of the best VAs of MGS2.

RIP.

latest

Alienous

What a tragic situation regarding the brain injury.

RIP. The performance he gives in MGS2 is so memorable, and I'm sure is indicative of the indelible impact he would have had on those close to him

shaneo632

"Laugh and grow fat"

One of the most memorable and hilarious villains in gaming history. RIP good sir and thanks for the entertainment.

Mifec

Yeah I saw it yesterday on the DOTA2 reddit.

He voiced Rubick, Phantom Lancer and Chaos Knight.

Rest in peace my dude.

Considering he was only in MGS2 for a boss fight and a few short cutscenes, in a series known for long as hell cutscenes, psychics, cloning, fourth wall breaking, and nanomachines, son, among others, it really says a lot that Fatman was so memorable, very much in part due to the voice behind him.

R.I.P.

Top Bottom