• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Barstool Sports Founder Dave Portnoy Taunts the Mob: "I’m uncancellable"

ManaByte

Gold Member

In a 2016 segment about former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick kneeling during the national anthem, Portnoy says, “So I’m going to say something that’s racist,” explaining he thought Kaepernick was “an ISIS guy… Throw a head wrap on this guy, he’s a terrorist.” Portnoy adds, “He looks like a Bin Laden. That’s not racist.” Barstool’s Kevn “KFC” Clancy comments that Kaepernick “is not really that Black… I don’t think he speaks for Black people.”

Meanwhile, in a tweet by Portnoy from August 2016 (which has since been deleted), Portnoy included a picture of Kaepernick and Osama bin Laden side by side with the caption, “Anybody who disagrees with me saying Kaepernick looks like Bin Laden is a moron. #factsonly.”

Portnoy, in a response to Hill on Sunday night, complained, “What’s terrible is altering and cutting up a comedy sites video and giving no other context.”

“They’ve been trying to cancel me for two decades — I’m uncancellable,” Portnoy says in a video posted with the tweet. “I’m big. You’re little. I cancel you.” He also said, “Go cancel Marbles,” referring to YouTube comedian Jenna Marbles, who last week apologized for her past racist videos and said she would stop producing videos “for now.”

Amory

He's probably right that there's not much anyone can do to him. His money/fame doesn't come from mainstream platforms.

Barstool will always have its base, and the new parent company just wants him to stay in the news as much as possible to pump their sports gambling platform.

oagboghi2

He's probably right that there's not much anyone can do to him. His money/fame doesn't come from mainstream platforms.

Barstool will always have its base, and the new parent company just wants him to stay in the news as much as possible to pump their sports gambling platform.
True freedom means operating outside of the system

bronk

Banned
Just quick defense of yourself and move on. To say you're uncancellable is asking for trouble. The elite guard of the sjw will come for you now.

Last edited:

Azzurri

Agree, Barstool fan base is pretty much Anti SJW and everything that liberals tend to be.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

Painting a target on your back is just dumb. Just ask that identity theft protection CEO who stuck his SSN on his ads. If we don't see people attacking the money making sports gambling platform by the end of the week I will be shocked.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Why would someone whose most daring stunt is eating pizza in public would cancelled?

Reactions: MrS

Spokker

Everybody who uses a bank or takes credit cards is cancellable. If they really wanted to, they could go after the financial institutions he uses. They could go after whoever hosts his web site.

No one is uncancellable.

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
This guy is the personification of white privilege. Kinda hope he does get cancelled or Peter Thiel'd tbh. Set the dogs on him. Smug fucker.

entremet

He's a heel. How are heels cancelable? If your schtick is I'm an asshole and proud of it, you really can't get canceled lol.

He also owns barstool. He's not an "employee". That gives him way more freedom than a regular person.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

incancellable
b75585442b998e32ef54db7e6adb1a84.jpg

brap brap : hold my drink

(I think I did the comment right like they do it on youtube)
one more post!

Last edited:
Top Bottom