• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Batman: AA/AC Steam Patch Live. Mac Version, Achievements, and GFWL/Securom removal

2n2

Jun 9, 2004
I think they gave everyone who hadn't purchased the AC GOTY edition who had the vanilla edition it for free. I bought AC like two years ago but never bought the GOTY edition. Restarted steam and now AC GOTY is in my library. Maybe thats why the update hasn't been pushed to those who have the non GOTY edition?

edit: lol, beaten by miliseconds.
Hm, I have both AA&AC regular and GOTY versions. I guess my vanilla ones just disappear?

Stitch

Nov 26, 2006
Oh wow, yeah now I have Arkham City and Arkham City GOTY in my Games List.

Naminator

Banned
Jul 11, 2013
After watching that Nvidia stream with Batman Origins I got hyped up again to play Batman AC.

And now this happens.

It's a sign!

Btw, Batman AA GOTY and Batman AC GOTY are 75% off right now, so the 2 people that still didn't buy and play this game should jump on this deal right now!

Firebrand

Apr 27, 2007
Set my AC non-GOTY to not update for now in case I want to finish it, I doubt it'll help but worth a try.

Korezo

Jan 9, 2013
Is there a way to find out what key I used for GFWL? I bought AA years ago from Direct2Drive but they don't exist anymore, D2D is now owned by gamefly and I don't remember my log in info because I never used gamefly .

Redrum_82

Apr 19, 2009
Italy
SteamDB still says that they don't support family sharing. I hope they change it soon.

Still I'm glad they gave both GOTYs for free to vanilla's owners.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
May 7, 2008
I am trying to activate retail AA on steam using the GFWL key on the back of the user manual and it isn't working.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Feb 5, 2006
Brazil
Is there a way to find out what key I used for GFWL? I bought AA years ago from Direct2Drive but they don't exist anymore, D2D is now owned by gamefly and I don't remember my log in info because I never used gamefly .
If your game is installed (or maybe if it was installed at one point on your windows installation), it should be in the windows registry.

If not, I dunno.

vazel

Aug 9, 2005
Neat, I have the GOTY version of Arkham City. I guess because I have the Harley Quinn dlc.

Felix Lighter

Oct 2, 2007
Just checked my library and I do have the AC GOTY edition along with the standard edition. Nice. I was hoping that would be the outcome.

Lumine

Mar 11, 2006
Netherlands
Yeah AC GOTY was just added on my Steam, only had vanilla AC before with no DLC. Pretty cool, wasn't expecting this.

However, I'm guessing my savefiles will no longer work?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
May 21, 2006
if i got hired by valve, on my first day of work i would remove all the fucking punctuation errors, trademarks, mis-alphabetized sequels and other bullshit from the steam library and then i would quit, knowing that i contributed more to steam than anyone else who ever worked there did.

kuYuri

Mar 30, 2007
Unfortunately, you will not be able to continue playing from your current save. You will need to start a new game.
My Arkham City 100% save game is now meaningless? ;_;

NIN90

Apr 13, 2008
Germany
The reason why owners of BioShock 2 and Batman get the DLC for free, is probably because Valve/Warner can't determine who actually owns any DLC on GFWL.

V_Ben

Banned
May 8, 2009
If there's a Mac version of Arkham Asylum, why isn't that up on Steam too? Very odd they would put just AC up there, considering Feral ported both of them. Weird!

Grief.exe

Jul 11, 2012
Denver
backloggery.com
Just checked my library and I do have the AC GOTY edition along with the standard edition. Nice. I was hoping that would be the outcome.
I was hoping for the same outcome. It is really the only way that makes sense and doesn't leave people out in the cold.
The registry updates from yesterday cast some doubt on that situation, but they were updated this morning.

Jase am cry

Yeah AC GOTY was just added on my Steam, only had vanilla AC before with no DLC. Pretty cool, wasn't expecting this.

However, I'm guessing my savefiles will no longer work?
Nope, check OP.

What steam skin is that?
Looks like PixelVision

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Feb 5, 2006
Brazil
So, the GOTY editions of the game got GFWL patched out and given away to owners of the regular versions?

I wonder if the regular version will be patched as well. It's listed on the page for today's Batman sale.

Both my saves are in the regular versions. If they're not patched, I wouldn't lose them.

IcyRhythms

Jan 2, 2012
Indiana
Strange thing

got the patch for AA but not AC. Restarted Steam and still no patch

edit

just seen this is only for GOTY editions...kind of shitty :(

Anteater

May 22, 2010
man their forum is down, i can't find the AA skin mods D:

edit: oh i read that it's only for the demo, never knew :(