• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: AA/AC Steam Patch Live. Mac Version, Achievements, and GFWL/Securom removal

vg260

I think they gave everyone who hadn't purchased the AC GOTY edition who had the vanilla edition it for free. I bought AC like two years ago but never bought the GOTY edition. Restarted steam and now AC GOTY is in my library. Maybe thats why the update hasn't been pushed to those who have the non GOTY edition?

edit: lol, beaten by miliseconds.

Hm, I have both AA&AC regular and GOTY versions. I guess my vanilla ones just disappear?

Finally. Now the wait to play AA for the achievements is finally over. downloading it right now, and seeing they removed the saves, i'll play AC too just because.

Vitor711

LlTq1FO.gif

Perfect Gif usage.

*slow clap*

Naminator

Banned
After watching that Nvidia stream with Batman Origins I got hyped up again to play Batman AC.

And now this happens.

It's a sign!

Btw, Batman AA GOTY and Batman AC GOTY are 75% off right now, so the 2 people that still didn't buy and play this game should jump on this deal right now!

Korezo

Is there a way to find out what key I used for GFWL? I bought AA years ago from Direct2Drive but they don't exist anymore, D2D is now owned by gamefly and I don't remember my log in info because I never used gamefly .

Redrum_82

SteamDB still says that they don't support family sharing. I hope they change it soon.

Still I'm glad they gave both GOTYs for free to vanilla's owners.

Grief.exe

SteamDB still says that they don't support family sharing. I hope they change it soon.

Still I'm glad they gave both GOTYs for free to vanilla's owners.

They just have not removed the exfgls – 1 tag as of yet. Ubisoft still hasn't added the tag to some of their games, so it is probably an oversight.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
I am trying to activate retail AA on steam using the GFWL key on the back of the user manual and it isn't working.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Is there a way to find out what key I used for GFWL? I bought AA years ago from Direct2Drive but they don't exist anymore, D2D is now owned by gamefly and I don't remember my log in info because I never used gamefly .

If your game is installed (or maybe if it was installed at one point on your windows installation), it should be in the windows registry.

If not, I dunno.

Lumine

Yeah AC GOTY was just added on my Steam, only had vanilla AC before with no DLC. Pretty cool, wasn't expecting this.

However, I'm guessing my savefiles will no longer work?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
if i got hired by valve, on my first day of work i would remove all the fucking punctuation errors, trademarks, mis-alphabetized sequels and other bullshit from the steam library and then i would quit, knowing that i contributed more to steam than anyone else who ever worked there did.

NIN90

The reason why owners of BioShock 2 and Batman get the DLC for free, is probably because Valve/Warner can't determine who actually owns any DLC on GFWL.

V_Ben

Banned
If there's a Mac version of Arkham Asylum, why isn't that up on Steam too? Very odd they would put just AC up there, considering Feral ported both of them. Weird!

Grief.exe

Just checked my library and I do have the AC GOTY edition along with the standard edition. Nice. I was hoping that would be the outcome.

I was hoping for the same outcome. It is really the only way that makes sense and doesn't leave people out in the cold.
The registry updates from yesterday cast some doubt on that situation, but they were updated this morning.

All the Batmans:

WiiSFI6.png

Jase am cry

Yeah AC GOTY was just added on my Steam, only had vanilla AC before with no DLC. Pretty cool, wasn't expecting this.

However, I'm guessing my savefiles will no longer work?

Nope, check OP.

What steam skin is that?

Looks like PixelVision

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So, the GOTY editions of the game got GFWL patched out and given away to owners of the regular versions?

I wonder if the regular version will be patched as well. It's listed on the page for today's Batman sale.

Both my saves are in the regular versions. If they're not patched, I wouldn't lose them.

Strange thing

got the patch for AA but not AC. Restarted Steam and still no patch

edit

just seen this is only for GOTY editions...kind of shitty :(

Top Bottom