Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Jun 29, 2011
The "lesser rain effects when resuming from a saved game" bug is still there in full force. In spite of all my tweets and emails, they've never acknowledged the issue, so I'm not surprised. It's a shame, though, since I can't help feeling like playing the PS4 version instead with the proper effects in place.

I feel a tad silly for having waited to play the PC version. :p
Funny thing is how it appears to be the same effect, just tiled incorrectly after a save? lol

Jul 28, 2014
France
The "lesser rain effects when resuming from a saved game" bug is still there in full force. In spite of all my tweets and emails, they've never acknowledged the issue, so I'm not surprised. It's a shame, though, since I can't help feeling like playing the PS4 version instead with the proper effects in place.

I feel a tad silly for having waited to play the PC version. :p
Not surprised one bit, I can easily deal with slightly less rain though.

How does it run after the "final" patch ?

May 6, 2012
Are you fucking serious WB?!

How in the fucking hell SP can cost almost 3 times more than original game which contains a shit ton of content and which SP simply unable to provide in terms of quality, ammount of content, value for money etc. WTF?!

Arghhhh....

Funny thing is how it appears to be the same effect, just tiled incorrectly after a save? lol
Yeah, the full effects are definitely part of the PC version, but like you said, they aren't applied properly upon continuing a previously saved game. It should've been an easy fix, but apparently no one listened to the community's feedback (I wasn't the only one complaining about it), and no one noticed the problem during testing either. The latter being pretty unbelievable in my opinion. How can they not notice it? :-/

Not surprised one bit, I can easily deal with slightly less rain though.

How does it run after the "final" patch ?
It runs about as well as it did for me after the previous patch. 60fps at virtually all times at 1440p with smoke and debris disabled. No immediate improvements as far as I can tell, not on my 5820K/Titan X.

velios

Neo Member
Jul 4, 2013
i don't give a damn about the tf2 items but i'm impressed that they have the guts to create a contest for the community to create those items so that they can give them to us and the reward for that is more of their shitty games ... that is just ... wow ...

Jul 28, 2014
France
Yeah, the full effects are definitely part of the PC version, but like you said, they aren't applied properly upon continuing a previously saved game. It should've been an easy fix, but apparently no one listened to the community's feedback (I wasn't the only one complaining about it), and no one noticed the problem during testing either. The latter being pretty unbelievable in my opinion. How can they not notice it? :-/
They probably noticed, they just don't care enough.

It runs about as well as it did for me after the previous patch. 60fps at virtually all times at 1440p with smoke and debris disabled. No immediate improvements as far as I can tell, not on my 5820K/Titan X.
Expected, but I can't complain because it ran very well already.

Jun 29, 2011
Rig: Core i7 930 @ 4.2 Ghz, Titan X (1425/+500), 24 GB RAM
Pre-launch patch:
with Gameworks
1080p

1620p

2160p

without gameworks
1080p

1620p

2160p
Post-launch patch:
with Gameworks
1080p

1620p

2160p

without gameworks
1080p

1620p

2160p
Pre-launch averages:
with:
without:
EDIT1:
Post-launch averages:
with:
without:
EDIT2:

May 25, 2009
So essentially performance has not improved all that much.
fixed. what a bummer. From the steam thread: "Performs the same as before this patch. Good framerates (55-60 avg. 40fps lowest with max settings at 1080p w/o interactive fog and shadows on normal) with an i5 2500k @ 4.3GHz, 16GB RAM and a GTX 970, but it still stutters while driving around which is really distracting. Running Win 10 and the game is installed on a Samsung 850 Pro SSD. Great framerates, but the stuttering ruins it."

wow.

Feb 8, 2008
Am I forgetting wrong or isn't the benchmark not indicative at all of the actual game? Wouldn't it be better spent seeing if they fixed the streaming issues/stuttering the batmobile, etc?

Jun 29, 2011
Frametimes are still sporadic and constantly dropping below 16.6 ms in batmobile, even @ 1920X1080.

Going on foot to batmobile:This should be a flat-line as my GPU is hitting only 50-60% utilization.

But it isn't. You can see frametime drops on foot. This is with adaptive v-sync.

Feb 25, 2014
Is this worth buying with the season pass for £15?

I have SLi 970's and from what I'm getting from this thread SLi isn't even supported, which is a big deal for me. Is there another game's profile that can be used which makes it work acceptably in this game?

Jul 28, 2014
France
Anyone testing SLI yet? I'm not going anywhere near the game if that doesn't work.
No SLI support yet. No idea if it's ever coming.

So, brief testing and performance has not budged. Still very solid but not 100% smooth.
It can definitely drops frames when you wreck havok with the car, blasting your way through the environement you can tell the fluidity is compromised.

Seems like the only way to get a perfectly stable framerate is to settle down for 30fps.

Jan 25, 2012
Anyone testing SLI yet? I'm not going anywhere near the game if that doesn't work.

And are there any patch notes?
Is this worth buying with the season pass for £15?

I have SLi 970's and from what I'm getting from this thread SLi isn't even supported, which is a big deal for me. Is there another game's profile that can be used which makes it work acceptably in this game?
I'm im the same boat. I've been waiting patiently for the SLI profile to even start the game and come to find out, the SLI support they stated would be in this re release patch isn't even there? I am so confused.

Jul 28, 2014
France
For some reason while everyone else is getting frame increasaes from patches my performance keeps dropping

Now my 780 cant keep 30 on the lowest of settings

I wonder if Steam. . .hmmm
Something is wrong on your end. Usually what is recommended in those situations is to :
1) Verify the Steam files
2) update or do a clean install the latest drivers
3) Check if your GPU is not throttling, if memory serves 82°C is the threshold for Kepler.

Oct 3, 2012
That would be some real bullshit. We owned the game, we should receive it like anyone else.
Come on RS and WB, give me one more reason to never support you in any capacity ever again.

Please.

Pretty atrocious that performance hasn't improved much. Guess this will stay in my "literal dog shit" folder in Steam.
AK is the only game in there.

Oct 26, 2011
I really wasn't expecting much in terms of further improvements. The previous patch made the game functional on a 970 if you stay under the Vram threshold. And yes, I found the threshold to be 3.5gb and not 4. Thanks Nvidia.

The Vram requirements are just really large. Even on a 970 I had to turn some things off for 1080p.