• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Im tempted to buy still b/c I also never had issues with MKX and I see others are having OK experiences too. So tempting....have PS4 and I only intend to play at 1080p but really REALLY want 60fps. Have 780, i3570
You are definitely NOT getting 60fps with that rig.

You probably won't even get a stable 30.

PS4 is the way to go for now. Some day, when it's polished up and you've upgraded, you can pick it up on PC during a Steam sale and enjoy it at a higher frame-rate.

Banned
Good thing I got this game for free although I did pay for the season pass at a discount.

I'll wait for it to be patched and tackle my backlog. Should be playable in a month.

BloodR0se

Sounds more like a workaround rather than a complete crack. The mechanism that checks for authenticity is in tact. But the calls get redirected to another service.

Precisely this. Cracking it would remove those calls completely or have the responses provided at the source.

Kinthalis

Banned
You sure you don't see it? I'm shocked that this keeps coming up. I get it that everyone is pissed with performance, I am too. But seriously?

bat4b-noscale.jpg

batmanak2015-06-2305-yks2s.png

Yep, I was comparing indoor shots. When you look outdoors, there's a marked difference in lighting for sure. Was totlaly wrong about that. LOD too is much better. Forgotten how "fake film set" last gen outdoors games tended to look.

Lol this must be a joke, all the Nvidia effects are huge hogs, that smoke is killing my framerate in the benchmark, without it and all the other effects it is dropping as low as 34 and 52 fps average on SLI 970... Game doesn't even look that good ffs.

Also I checked the SLI bits are there in Nvidia spector
Yea I am incredibly disappointed with how it looks. It's weird.

Soi-Fong

You are definitely NOT getting 60fps with that rig.

You probably won't even get a stable 30.

PS4 is the way to go for now. Some day, when it's polished up and you've upgraded, you can pick it up on PC during a Steam sale and enjoy it at a higher frame-rate.

Damn... That's just sad really... I feel like us Kepler owners are peasants with our 780's and myself, a 780 Ti. lol

Is anyone just really depressed their hyped got killed on opening day?

I feel like the kid in the candystore that bought a Wonkabar and bit into a cockroach.

ascully

I think you can't get trading cards until after 2+ hours, to stop you from exploting the refunds. Might be related to that.

Played 4 hours according to the steam timer, I submitted it to steam I doubt they will answer though customer service is usually a joke.

komorebi

So does redownloading the game fresh and not using the preloaded files actually fix anything or is this just more ass talk spread on the internet?

Irobot82

AA and AC had some awful textures. Places looked like 8-bit blocks on doors and stuff. I hope they finally stopped that with this game.

flyshow

The performance is absolutely unacceptable.

By default the capped 30 fps gameplay has severe input lag and the stuttering makes me nauseate. Setting max fps to 60 just makes the stuttering even more obvious.

To me the problem seems to come from level streaming issues, traversal on batmobile is unplayable due to constant frame drops, long-distance grapple almost guarantees stuttering, camera rotation starts with frame drop but would soon maintain steady. The graphics sure is not that demanding. I run the game on an OCed 290 and I don't think it can not be handled.

Comparing to AC: Unity, Far Cry 4, Dying Light, and The Witcher 3, Batman AK has the worst launch undoubtedly.

Smokey

Isn't the game supposed to recognize your DS4? Control section and menu prompts show Xbox for me.

Anyway I disabled the 30fps cap and ran the benchmark. I have SLI disabled. Avg 77 fps with everything on @ 2560x1440. Hopefully that's where Gsync can come in and salvage some of the stuttering that is going to occur.

mehh

Seems like PC patch will around 20-30GB size, based on the some of the posters on PC Gamer.

just like MKX then

WB going for the nostalgia effect

jesus christ
my "it drops a bit when in the batmobile sometimes" is no longer a valid complaint

night and fuckin day between mine and this video

Isn't the game supposed to recognize your DS4? Control section and menu prompts show Xbox for me.

when wired, it picks up my ds4 natively and works

when wireless, it doesn't detect my controller at all

when wireless and with input mapper it just picks up xbox prompts

Denuvo is surprisingly effective, as far as I can see Lords of the Fallen and Dragon Age Inquisition have yet to be cracked (despite news reports) which is almost unheard of in regards to PC games.

Thanks for the response! I'm primarily a console gamer, but I'm interested in buying an actual gaming PC sometime next year, so I'm trying to learn some things before getting one.

I understand that piracy does exist on PC, but my assumption is that having an account-based system like Steam, Origin and U-Play, should be enough to combat against that, right?

I'm hoping they patch out, especially if it's effecting people's performance. I'm hoping that WB was upfront regarding the DRM before people purchased the game.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Just saw the end credits on youtube and it does indeed show Iron Galaxy Studios as "Additional Engineering and PC Support"

ggB39CN.png

The weird thing is they showed AK running on PC last year right(and I really thought it was the lead version back then)? does this mean Rocksteady shifted focus to consoles and abandoned the PC version mid-development?

and I still wonder why they picked Iron Galaxy instead of their own sister studios (Monolith or WB Montreal) and I doubt hiring a studio is cheaper than hiring your own WB programmers.

Seems like PC patch will around 20-30GB size, based on the some of the posters on PC Gamer.

so this is gonna be MK like disaster again. smh

spannicus

I feel like the kid in the candystore that bought a Wonkabar and bit into a cockroach.
I am. Built my first PC and bought 980ti so I can play the game and relish in all the eye candy. Unfortunately i think I am being introduced to the darkside of gaming on a computer. Game seems to be a straight port from PS4 with no optimization at all.

cheesekao

I don't know man. Even I can't wrap my head around most MOBAs, so they don't seem casual to me.
They can most definitely be played at a casual level. Most MOBAs in general(at least the ones I've played) have pretty low skill floors but high skill ceilings.

EDIT: Saw your edit. Nevermind then.

The weird thing is they showed AK running on PC last year right(and I really thought it was the lead version back then)? does this mean Rocksteady shifted focus to consoles and abandoned the PC version mid-development?

and I still wonder why they picked Iron Galaxy instead of their own sister studios (Monolith or WB Montreal) and I doubt hiring a studio is cheaper than hiring your own WB programmers.

I would pay to get my named REMOVED from the credits if I worked on the PC version of this game.

Kinthalis

Banned

Didn't Giant Bomb say then that they thought the game looked amazeballs, BUT that it ran like ass? They even mentioned the batmobile sequences specifically, IIRC.

Anyway I disabled the 30fps cap and ran the benchmark. I have SLI disabled. Avg 77 fps with everything on @ 2560x1440. Hopefully that's where Gsync can come in and salvage some of the stuttering that is going to occur.

mehh

I turned off Inputmapper/DS4windows. After that it showed the DS4 prompts.

Teletraan1

Banned

Even with steam's refund policy I think if you are looking for the best version of a game to play you absolutely do not bother playing games on day 1. Wait a few weeks or months and you should be good to go and for cheaper.

It just takes discipline. But eventually you end up far enough behind the release schedule that it doesn't matter. If you only buy a few games a year it is difficult but if you buy a lot of games then you won't even notice after a while. It ends up being akin to the difference between going to the movies to watch a new release vs waiting for it to come out on Blu-Ray. Just got to tune out the hype. But it is much more satisfying to play a properly finished game rather than the frustration of a broken day one game.

Teleporter

Ive played the game with no tweaks fine for like 30min! Them decided to mess with the fps lock! Now gama crashes on the initial sequence right before officer owens get hes run, so yeah its sad... Now ill transfer the game to my SDD and see if i can get better performance!
Oh Bats... you've seen better days!

Kinthalis

Banned
I am. Built my first PC and bought 980ti so I can play the game and relish in all the eye candy. Unfortunately i think I am being introduced to the darkside of gaming on a computer. Game seems to be a straight port from PS4 with no optimization at all.

Please stop with this. It's the dark sid eof gmaing PERIOD. Witcher 3 - still has frame rate issue son PS4, as do MANY other games.

This is a modern (more or less) developer/publisher issue and it's an issue on ALL platforms. Trying to pigeonhole it as a "PC gaming" issue is NOT good, 'cause that's what people will start to think, and console games with poor performance will continue to get a slide.

We want this shit to stop happening on EVERY platform.

Impulsor

I built a PC just 2 weeks ago. 980 ti too.

So dissappointed. :(

Withcer 3 runs and plays like a dream though, so does GTA V. But this? Argh, it hurts really.

I'll jus get this on PS4.

Setsuna

It seems like I'm the only one not getting into any major issues besides the frame drops when things get crazy in the batmobile but that's to be expected considering how much is going on and the settings im running

ghst

thanks for the laugh
30fps isn't acceptable for a 970, let alone a 980+ and anyone who rationalises "it plays pretty smooth with the 30FPS lock on" is a mug.

go get your refunds, give it a one star review and move on with your lives.

cripterion

mehh

I get DS4 prompts using a Roccat Tyon mouse...

ktynn

Banned
I've played for 30 mins now, unlocked a
new suit
, looks sexy af. Game runs at solid 30fps, most gameworks off (except for the light and paper stuff).

It runs ok, but it should perform a whole lot better on my rig, got a 970 i7 processor, SSD, the whole nine yards.

I hope they fix this, glad i picked this up on a third party website and didn't pay full price on steam.

Top Bottom