• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

tbd

Another game made unplayable for AMD users by Nvidia contracts and plug ins.

Fortunately the Arkham franchise doesn't really interest me.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I'll be completing my PC (and building it), when I get back from vacation. Happy to see my build will be a little better than what's recommended.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Another game made unplayable for AMD users by Nvidia contracts and plug ins.

Fortunately the Arkham franchise doesn't really interest me.

Thanks for coming into a Arkham thread to let us know.

jacobeid

Banned
Glad to see the AMD drivers. I'll post later on what type of performance I'm getting with a 7850. Woof.

Just hoping for medium settings 1080/30.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
As much as I would like to play early and have heard vpning won't get your banned I just can't bring myself to risk it when 600 games tied to my Steam account.

Yep. You've got a lot more games then I but I'm not putting my account at risk for a few hours*. It's just not worth it.

*Actually just over 35 mins as I'm in the UK :p

Aranath

Hoping Gsync will help spare my 780 some of the pain. I'm really curious to see what performance Kepler gets, given recent events.

I'm really busy with The Witcher 3 and GTA V at the moment, so I'll be holding off until a future date for now, anyway (painful as that may be - I love the Arkham series).

viveks86

No tweak guide at launch :(

Yes, but not at launch. I was at E3 last week, and combined with other factors that means its going to be impossible to go live simultaneously.

Also it seems like face works was dropped after all:

No Faceworks. That's a preliminary image from a long time ago.
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/geforce-353-30-whql-driver-released

As much as I would like to play early and have heard vpning won't get your banned I just can't bring myself to risk it when 600 games tied to my Steam account.

Same here! I'm half glad that I have a busy afternoon and evening, so that I'm not kicking myself while the rest get to play!

roytheone

I've got a 980 Ti but I'm nervous that my CPU isn't going to be up to snuff (i7 950).

My i7 870 is below the minimum specs for a few games (witcher 3, ac: unity) and yet I can run those games maxed with a steady 30 fps. CPU requirements are currently bullshit, they are way higher than you actually need.

CHC

Hey so does anyone know what the deal is with the inevitable GOTY edition on Steam will be? For the previous games did they make it so that you could just pay to upgrade it later, or is it sold as a whole separate deal after the fact?

(Just asking here since it's a PC crowd and the OT is a little busy at the moment)

Setsuna

Hey so does anyone know what the deal is with the inevitable GOTY edition on Steam will be? For the previous games did they make it so that you could just pay to upgrade it later, or is it sold as a whole separate deal after the fact?

(Just asking here since it's a PC crowd and the OT is a little busy at the moment)

would be cheaper to just buy the season pass when it goes on sale the next year for 5 dollars

cyberheater

Pre-Load half done. Currently downloading at 9MB/s.

Lingitiz

I don't recall exactly but those two games were a special case because they switched from GFWL to Steamworks and gave away the GOTY editions for free.

~~Hasan~~

I have to ask. my game on steam says " an error occurred while updating batman ( content still encrypted)

this is the first time I purchase something and preload from steam, but does that mean the game is locked till release date ?

CHC

I don't recall exactly but those two games were a special case because they switched from GFWL to Steamworks and gave away the GOTY editions for free.

Cool thanks. I'll just pick this up when I get a chance and then worry about the GOTY / DLC later if I feel like replaying it I guess.

cyberheater

I have to ask. my game on steam says " an error occurred while updating batman ( content still encrypted)

this is the first time I purchase something and preload from steam, but does that mean the game is locked till release date ?

Yep.

Because WB released a statement that the game would perform poorly on AMD, alongside revised minimum requirements that put a 660/2GB equal to a 7950/3GB?

They didn't say it would perform poorly, they said there are performance issues, which could mean anything. It's probably related to GameWorks features or CrossFire, since it's disabled even with the latest driver.

I'm not too concerned about the minspec GPU since Witcher 3 did it as well and it ended up performing significantly better on AMD vs Kepler.

Windows 10 drivers?? Can only see 7 and 8.1 drivers.

W10 drivers are on a different fork, pretty sure AMD said you'll get most driver releases through Windows Update.

Top Bottom