• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

ULTRA System Requirements
OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
Graphics Memory: 4 GB
DirectX®: 11
Network: Broadband Internet Connection Required
Hard Drive Space: 55 GB
Is this at 1080p or 4K? 30fps or 60fps?

I don't think this game will be very cpu intensive so it should be fine. Hell an overclocked 2500k still rocks like 99% of games at max.

Yeah, this has definitely been true for the most part, but eventually its gonna hit a wall. And I would guess that at least sometimes it bottlenecks my sli 980s. Feel like I've been waiting forever for new Intel chip/ pc build.

Awww man

AMD Crossfire support is currently disabled for Batman™: Arkham Knight while AMD works closely with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment to resolve the issue. An update for this issue will be released as soon as it is available

CHC

SLI is effectively disabled as well with no SLI profile available yet.

Not so fast!

Just in time for the highly anticipated title Batman: Arkham Knight this new GeForce Game Ready driver ensures you'll have the best possible gaming experience. With support for GeForce SLI technology and one-click game setting optimizations within GeForce Experience, you'll have the best possible performance and image quality during gameplay.

Game Ready: Best gaming experience for Batman: Arkham Knight, including support for SLI Technology and GeForce Experience 1-click optimizations

Driver 353.30, from earlier today.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I wasn't planning on buying this until it showed up on a Steam sale, but Jesus, GMG has it for 40% right now with no sales tax. Kind of hard to pass up.

EpicBox

Can anyone confirm if I'm screwed or OK with an R9 270X 2GB? I also have 8GB RAM and my CPU is an AMD Athlon X4 750K (which I will be upgrading in the next few months).

Corpsepyre

Banned
Wow. Did not expect AMD to release new drivers for an unreleased game this soon. They should do this more often, Waiting 2-3 weeks for updated drivers for new games is torture. Lets see how much this effects performance. Usually their drivers aren't all that.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Pre-Load complete. Thank you Virgin Media Broadband.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Can anyone confirm if I'm screwed or OK with an R9 270X 2GB? I also have 8GB RAM and my CPU is an AMD Athlon X4 750K (which I will be upgrading in the next few months).

Drop a few settings down, such as shadows, AA and AO, and you should be good. Lets wait and see if the game's GPU or CPU hungry.

Shy

EVERYONE RESTART STEAM NOW, THE DARK KNIGHT IS HERE. :D
7JTwV5n.gif

SoulUnison

Banned
I'd like to see some data on what the lowest spec systems people are getting this to 30FPS on is, because I'm pretty sure this game is trumpeting that my 2010 PC is finally truly dead and ready to be buried.

i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz
6GB RAM
Radeon HD 5800 1GB

Is 720p with everything on "low" even a possibility?
Pretty disappointed after what buttery smooth and incredibly well-scaling PC ports the last 3 Arkhams had.

As someone who's looking into building a PC soon (but isn't interested in this specific game), why do the recommended specs include an i7 processor? I thought i5's were better for gaming because (the vast majority of) games don't use hyperthreading.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Unpacking on Steam time now!

~ 35 min. it says until it will be ready to play.

Yep. That's what mine says. Actually it widely fluctuates. I'm on a SSD so I thought this would be fairly quick. :(

Corpsepyre

Banned
As someone who's looking into building a PC soon (but isn't interested in this specific game), why do the recommended specs include an i7 processor? I thought i5's were better for gaming because (the vast majority of) games don't use hyperthreading.

That's just how it is always. They keep recommending top of the line i7's, yet games are perfectly playable, and even more so, with i5's. Get a Core i5 4590 or 4690 and you're good. Excellent processor.

Top Bottom