• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

robotrock

Banned
Damn, tried to do this VPN thing but no dice. On FlyVPN. Internet browsing says I'm in the UK (Amazon will direct to Amazon.co.uk ), but Steam won't let me unlock Batman.

BlackEyes

i'm sorry this is the first game i ever bought on steam,
i just click on PLAY and it decrypts the files, correct?
if so, 15 minutes left

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Made the right choice not preloading, Steam ain't holding back on me.

dGTiVb1.png

You should change your username to Fibre. Damn that is some fine speed. Just wow.
You're probably playing it already.

Try using CyberGhost 5. I downloaded it, turned off steam completely, turned it on simulated the UK and then turned on Steam and it worked perfectly.

Damn, are you on a SSD? I might just redownload it too...

Decided to go HDD because I only have 60GB left on my SSD. It's down to 16 minutes now though.

Isn't decryption essentially an almost entirely CPU driven task?

If it is then I have a 5820k and this sucks

BlackEyes

Alright, with everything maxed and enabled at 1080p I get this in the benchmark. I didn't really see the nvidia effects in the benchmark though, so have to see how it holds up in normal gameplay.

GTX970@1550MHz
i7 4770K@4.3GHz

Sweden.
impressive, game might be optimized after all? :)

Gambit61

Alright, with everything maxed and enabled at 1080p I get this in the benchmark. I didn't really see the nvidia effects in the benchmark though, so have to see how it holds up in normal gameplay.

GTX970@1550MHz
i7 4770K@4.3GHz

Sweden.

O_O Wow

GTX970@1550MHz
i7 4770K@4.3GHz

Sweden.
Would you mind taking some screens of the graphic options?
1 minute 30 secs for decrypt.

3770k @ 4.4 Ghz
780ti
1440p

Will update with benchmark results.

Kepler conspiracy: the game will run at - (minus) 32 fps. Better off with PS4 version, man.

Buburibon

Can't launch the game in offline mode. Is it safe to do so with the VPN? It's the first time I've ever seen the following pop-up:

"Steam is currently in Offline Mode, for the first launch go in Online Mode."

yatesl

GTX970@1550MHz
i7 4770K@4.3GHz

Christ. I have a 4670k and a 970 - I hope I'll be seeing similar results.

Still 5 minutes left of unpacking for me. 😴

viveks86

Wow! This is good. This is real good.

Can you post screens of all the available graphics options?

Dartastic

GTX970@1550MHz
i7 4770K@4.3GHz

Sweden.
How much RAM? Those are super close to my specs; I have a 4790 @ 4 GHZ though.

GTX970@1550MHz
i7 4770K@4.3GHz

Wow that overclock

Hot damn 40 minutes to unlock...

Well I won't be home for like another 4 hours anyway lol. VPN'd and remote desktop'd. Probably should be working but this is more interesting.

edit: Movin the goalposts... 1hr 10 minutes

IMACOMPUTA

I've never done this before, but do i need to remain logged in to the VPN while i play? Or just unlock it and turn the VPN off?

[edit: post above me answered. Thanks.]

GTX970@1550MHz
i7 4770K@4.3GHz

Sweden.

ib.gif

Well then!

Not so fast!

Driver 353.30, from earlier today.

From Nvidia drivers notes. Is better have off Sli for the moment.

Windows 8.1 Issues

 [SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] With a 4K display, a TDR occurs after the in-game
resolution is toggled and the application is exited. [200116725]
 [SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Heavy flickering occurs in game after Alt+Tab if SLI is
enabled. [200116723]
 [SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Severe stuttering seen, especially in indoor scenes,
when the game is running at 4K resolution and NVIDIA Gameworks settings are
turned on. [200116722]
 [SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Random flickering occurs in the game if SLI is
enabled. [200116717]
 [GM206, SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Stuttering occurs and performance drops
after shadow quality settings are toggled. [200116694]
 [GK180, SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] When SLI is enabled, a crash points to
ntdll.dll shortly after the game is exited. [200116717]

Top Bottom