• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Gumbie

3770k at 4.5ghz
780ti (newest Batman drivers)
All settings turned to high and Gameworks stuff all on

In game pc performance test
Min: 29fps
Average: 39fps

Will test again without Gameworks stuff on.

Mononoke

Banned
Alright, with everything maxed and enabled at 1080p I get this in the benchmark. I didn't really see the nvidia effects in the benchmark though, so have to see how it holds up in normal gameplay.

GTX970@1550MHz
i7 4770K@4.3GHz

Sweden.

Uh, that's incredible? Now I'm giddy to unlock this and try out my 980.

Edit: okay will wait for someone to report performance in the actual game + open world sections.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Found this on the other thread. Options look pretty barebones :/

udEjBKq.jpg

That's it!?

The Cowboy

Found this on the other thread. Options look pretty barebones :/

udEjBKq.jpg

LOL at the NVidia section, could it be any more pronounced - i can understand it saying "Nvidia gameworks or just "Nvidia settings"", but to have the logo, proper fonts and everything - wow.
-
Do we know the equivalent PS4 settings yet?, i always like to start at the PS4 level graphics and work from there.

Mononoke

Banned
He updated above saying don't trust it. Getting worse perf in game

Yeah just edited my post after seeing that. Gah. I hope this game isn't a mess :( prob should wait an hour and come back and see the numbers posted. Have to wait 4 hour and 30 min till it unlocks for me.

Profanity

Alright, with everything maxed and enabled at 1080p I get this in the benchmark. I didn't really see the nvidia effects in the benchmark though, so have to see how it holds up in normal gameplay.

GTX970@1550MHz
i7 4770K@4.3GHz

Sweden.

Restart your game and do the benchmark again - the smoke effects only apply after a restart. My FPS tanked after restarting, averaging 55 on a 970 (was 78 before). The smoke is ridiculously pretty though.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Benchmark results.

I decided to keep my i5-3750k at stock and no overclock on the GTX970.

Minimum 51
Maximum 114
Average 76

That nVidia GTX970 is godly. The best GPU I've ever bought.

ktroopa

yes the video options screen looks kinda naked lol..

anyway ive run some benchies and as expected gameworks particaulary the smoke mullers the fps with bad stutter.

Im using the GTA V driver- v-synch on

1080p all settings high GW OFF

min fps - 43
average 60

1080p all settings high GW ON (requires game restart)

min fps - 30
average 47

The opening to the benchmark features lots of smoke and also when the batmobile dognuts. it tanks the fps as expected!

i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz 8GB RAM MSI GTX 970 4GB

Xyber

There is something weird going on. It's giving me 30fps (pretty much like it's locked to 30) in normal gameplay. Thought it was something just with the diner first, but got to fly around now and it never goes beyond 30 no matter what settings I use.

WARNING: As it turns out, the benchmark is not representative of game performance in any way. I do experience massive framerate drops in story mode.

AMD performance seems good:

i7 4790K / R9 290 (slightly overclocked) | Catalyst 15.6 Beta

Graphics in the benchmark do not look impressive to be honest. And the options in the menu are very limited. Haven't started story mode yet.

kizito

There is something weird going on. It's giving me 30fps (pretty much like it's locked to 30) in normal gameplay. Thought it was something just with the diner first, but got to fly around now and it never goes beyond 30 no matter what settings I use.

If V-Sync On, try to switch it off and use the Nvidia one.

IMACOMPUTA

i5 2500k (4.3ghz) + 980ti here seeking benchmarks from those with similar systems

I have a 3570k @ 4.3ghz + 980ti.

I'll report back.

EDIT: It'd be nice if you guys posting benchmarks would include the resolution you're playing at, and the settings. Since otherwise the info is useless.

CHC

3770k at 4.5ghz

Ugh this disappoints me a little. Seems like (surprise surprise) Kepler is way behind Maxwell again.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Gemüsepizza;169443329 said:
AMD performance seems good:

i7 4790K / R9 290 (slightly overclocked)

Graphics in the benchmark do not look impressive to be honest. And the options in the menu are very limited. Haven't started story mode yet.

Was this at ultra?

viveks86

Enhanced lightshafts eh? Looks like they replace the screenspace god rays thenw ith volumetric ones I imagine?

I hope....

Curious to see if the difference is similar to the PS4 vs PC comparison I made earlier.

bak18da8l.gif

bak27ay19.gif

Notice the light from the drone in the distance actually lights up the surface below it in the Nvidia version.

Shepard

Vsync?

Gemüsepizza;169443329 said:

That was my first thought. Hopefully the actual game looks better than that.

ss_lemonade

3770k at 4.5ghz

Oh boy. Is this another title that gives Kepler cards trouble?

EDIT:
Same test with all Gameworks stuff turned OFF

Min: 59fps
Max: 101fps
Average: 75
Ahh that's better.

Xyber

If V-Sync On, try to switch it off and use the Nvidia one.

Never use vsync.

I set everything to low and disabled all Nvidia stuff and restarted the game, still locked to 30.

And good lord, the splash screens can't be skipped and goes on for almost a minute or something.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Will this allow you to play with normal textures with a 2gb 770? The text says you need 3gb but im wondering if it hard locks it.....that would suck total shit

Restart your game and do the benchmark again - the smoke effects only apply after a restart. My FPS tanked after restarting, averaging 55 on a 970 (was 78 before). The smoke is ridiculously pretty though.

Man come on! If you are going to brag about the effects, at least screenshot us something!

Gumbie

3770k at 4.5ghz

Same test with all Gameworks stuff turned OFF. Going to retest with Gameworks options turned on one at a time.

Min: 59fps
Max: 101fps
Average: 75fps

Dartastic

Never use vsync.

I set everything to low and disabled all Nvidia stuff and restarted the game, still locked to 30.

And good lord, the splash screens can't be skipped and goes on for almost a minute or something.
I hate splash screens so much.

Seriously, one of the best things about The Witcher 3 was you could basically just skip all of that stuff immediately.

Top Bottom