• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Smokey

From Nvidia drivers notes. Is better have off Sli for the moment.

Windows 8.1 Issues

 [SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] With a 4K display, a TDR occurs after the in-game
resolution is toggled and the application is exited. [200116725]
 [SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Heavy flickering occurs in game after Alt+Tab if SLI is
enabled. [200116723]
 [SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Severe stuttering seen, especially in indoor scenes,
when the game is running at 4K resolution and NVIDIA Gameworks settings are
turned on. [200116722]
 [SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Random flickering occurs in the game if SLI is
enabled. [200116717]
 [GM206, SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Stuttering occurs and performance drops
after shadow quality settings are toggled. [200116694]
 [GK180, SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] When SLI is enabled, a crash points to
ntdll.dll shortly after the game is exited. [200116717]

wtf

Gemüsepizza;169443329 said:
AMD performance seems good:

i7 4790K / R9 290 (slightly overclocked)

Graphics in the benchmark do not look impressive to be honest. And the options in the menu are very limited. Haven't started story mode yet.

That's pretty encouraging. I'll probably turn down shadows and the gameworks options for my 7950.

yatesl

CPU: i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz
GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 @ stock

Graphics: Maximum, all Gameworks on, 1080p.

Minimum: 34fps
V-sync was turned on, so won't tell me my max.
Average: 52

As expected, whenever Gameworks is involved (i.e. the smoke), the frame rate drops to the 30s. Using today's Nvidia Game Ready drivers.

jCBdfGe.jpg

Dartastic

CPU: i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz
GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 @ stock

Graphics: Maximum, all Gameworks on, 1080p.

Minimum: 34fps
V-sync was turned on, so won't tell me my max.
Average: 52

As expected, whenever Gameworks is involved (i.e. the smoke), the frame rate drops to the 30s.
Can you tell what Gameworks specs have the most impact visually on the game with the least amount of hit to the framerate? The spec screenshots seem to have 4 or 5 different gameworks options.

If the 780ti was getting 30-40fps with all the gameworks stuff on and max settings and 970, 980ti is going to muderize this game.

I'll probably downsample 1440p->1080p with max settings and enjoy G-sync.

Looks like you should have waited to get the game for free.

*evil laugh*

c0Zm1c

Grr! There is an SLI profile! I just reinstalled the drivers manually and got it. I must have not chose the clean install option before.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Does the game have a launcher? I can't believe those would be all the options the PC version have.

There is something weird going on. It's giving me 30fps (pretty much like it's locked to 30) in normal gameplay. Thought it was something just with the diner first, but got to fly around now and it never goes beyond 30 no matter what settings I use.

I'm getting this as well.

d00d3n

I did a quick benchmark

specs: 3570k@4.6GHz, 8 gig ram, Titan X, windows 7, ssd, 750 ti as dedicated physx card
settings: 1080p, vsync off, everything else maxed, including the "nvidia options"

Using the in-game benchmark I got 44 min fps, 104 max fps and 65 average. Seems a bit low? I guess I will try and deactivate hardware physx.

Xyber

I have set vsync to off in the game and the nvidia control panel, disabled the smoothframerate stuff in the ini file, still locked to 30 while in normal gameplay but benchmark works like it should.

Something needs to be patched here unless there's some file I missed checking.

Would like to know if anyone else is getting this.

I did a quick benchmark

specs: 3570k@4.6GHz, 8 gig ram, Titan X, windows 7, ssd, 750 ti as dedicated physx card
settings: 1080p, vsync off, everything else maxed, including the "nvidia options"

Using the in-game benchmark I got 44 min fps, 104 max fps and 65 average. Seems a bit low? I guess I will try and deactivate hardware physx.

Dedicated physX cards that are significantly slower than the main GPU have been known to hold back performance. Or so I heard googling around.

lol, do you actually think they will do the Titan X programme thing and give it away like they did with TW3?

No I offered him my AK code that will be coming from amazon soon (bought a 980ti recently but the code hasn't arrived yet). He had a critical hype overload and bought it to play day 1 rather than wait until amazon sent me my code, lols.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Does the game look like shit without the added NVIDIA options or is it fine to play with them off?

Secondly, AMD users facing more of a hit with those settings on or is it the same with NVIDIA users?

I did a quick benchmark

I've heard that using dedicated physx cards actually hurt performance these days from one of the threads on GAF.

Gumbie

Same test with all Gameworks stuff turned OFF. Going to retest with Gameworks options turned on one at a time.

Min: 59fps
Max: 101fps
Average: 75fps

All Gameworks turned off EXCEPT for Interactive smoke/fog

Min: 34fps
Avg: 90fps
Average: 56fps

Social

heads up for the people that dislike it, this game uses Denuvo protection so it probably harms performance somewhat.

Does the game look like shit without the added NVIDIA options or is it fine to play with them off?

Secondly, AMD users facing more of a hit with those settings on or is it the same with NVIDIA users?
Looks like the rain and light effects works on AMD gpus, Only the Smoke and the Paper effects are exclusive to Nvidia GPUs.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4

Game looks great without them and stunning with them on.

Off to bed. I've got work in the morning.

Gemüsepizza;169444484 said:
i7 4790K / R9 290 (slightly overclocked) | Catalyst 15.6 Beta

Gameworks disabled:

Results with available Gameworks options enabled:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=169443329&postcount=274

Before anyone has a panic attack at hte fact that it was only a couple of frames different to enable on the 290x, the two most expensive features are disabled entirely according to your screenshots (seemingly cannot run on AMD?)

Doesn't look like AMD cards are having any trouble at all so far. I wonder why they said they were.

Maybe the warning was related to Crossfire support?

Before anyone has a panic attack at hte fact that it was only a couple of frames different to enable on the 290x, the two most expensive features are disabled entirely according to your screenshots (seemingly cannot run on AMD?)

Yes this was all I could enable.

The Llama

Doesn't look like AMD cards are having any trouble at all so far. I wonder why they said they were.

I kinda hope someone tests performance without the beta driver tbh, I'm curious to see just how bad performance was!

Gemüsepizza;169444814 said:
Maybe the warning was related to Crossfire support?

Eh, I doubt it, given that apparently there are a few SLI issues too.

Top Bottom