• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Batman: Alfred where's my batmobile?
Alfred: Bat what sir?
Batman: Batmobile, my batmobile, you know? To even the odd?
Alfred: the fuck are you on about sir?

BatmanAK.exe stopped working.

Another possible tweak if this is tied to PhysX is modifying how PhysX is handled in the NVidia control panel. Configure Surround, PhysX > PhysX settings > CPU. (Setting PhysX to CPU has fixed odd issues in modern games crashing for me.)

Lastly, I'd recommend a clean re-install of your GPU drivers. Google " full uninstall (AMD/NVIDIA) drivers " and pursue a guide that you find reasonable.

TheRed

Even on low 970 can't keep a steady 60 when driving. Yup gonna limit it to 30 fps and play with everything high except nvidia smoke. Disappointing and I don't even really like how it looks, the effects caked onto the screen look ugly, when people find how to turn off CA, motion blur and stuff like that, I will gladly get rid of that crap.

ktroopa

Version is 6.3.0. Application detection set to High for BatmanAK.exe. OSD doesn't seem to appear for about 10s or so, you need to wait a little.

im using the same and still nothing. what is weird is it was working earlier!
then the DLC downloaded and now its not working..

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Oooof. Tried that. 4563 files failed to validate and will be reacquired. The game folder is now empty. 33.8 GB to download. Oooh boy. Guess I don't need FlyVPN anymore...

Ouch, I'm sorry about that - on the upside, the game WILL work when that process is done.

Pepiope

I guess I should wait a little while before trying to play this game? Do not want to run into any 970 issues when the game unlocks at midnight.

Vitor711

Ugh, MSI refused to show the FPS readings on my second start of the game. Can't tell how it's running but it doesn't feel smooth (980 here).

Benchmark went to 60FPS though so I assume I don't have the .ini issue.

Also, even maxed out, the game looks mediocre. Was expecting a lot more.

Gambit61

i5 4690k stock + GTX 970
Yeah, performance is all over the place, everything high except for shadows on normal and gameworks rain and light are on.

hCIDYm5.png

Foxix Von

Gemüsepizza;169452227 said:
Do you have the right version for your OS (check the filename)? There seems to be a mixup on the AMD website, the Windows 8.1 driver is on the Windows 7 page and vice versa.

Yeah I noticed that. I had accidentally tried installing the W8 version. I redownloaded the correct W7 driver and it's still giving me the same corrupted/incomplete error. :mad:

bede-x

The reviews on Steam are even less encouraging than this thread. So glad we got Steam refunds with stuff like this happening.

epmode

Wait, they locked the PC version to 30 FPS? Awful. Even if it can be bypassed, it's absolutely not a good sign.

That's what I get for jumping on a GMG pre-order deal. I really have to stop doing that. No refunds once the Steam key has been distributed!

comrade

Setting Prefer Maximum Performance under 3d settings has the game feeling a little bit better. Still seems like SLI performance is terrible. I can't exactly tell because MSI Afterburner overlay seems to only work with this game 1 out of 10 launches.

Damn I'm happy life decided to interfere before I got a chance to buy the game on PC.

Peeps who've played both versions, is there a big difference between AMD based PCs and PS4?

I've only got a 7970 and an old i7 so I'm not going for anything other than 30 fps, but what kinds of differences are there between shadows, AO, textures etc.?

EDIT: Just decided to read through the whole thread and, yeah, fuck this. PSN here I come.

Corpekata

Banned
Anyone noticing some textures not popping in right? At least I think they're unpopped textures, otherwise there are some random really ugly textures in the game.

Using a 2GB GTX 760. Can't get a smooth 30fps with any settings unless I drop down to low texture quality, even at 720p.
CPU is an i7 4770k.

Time for an upgrade / slash refund I think. Low textures are pretty ugly.

Pavaloo

How is everyone unlocking this early with VPN? Every time I try to use a free trial for SkyVPN I'm told my account has expired.

The Stealth Fox

I can run the game at a locked 30 on max with a gtx 970 and a i5 4690k, but the stuttering is unbearable.

Locking the framerate does not cure the stuttering.

napata

Seems like the port is worse than the ones we usually get from Ubisoft. I guess the fact that you have to uncap the 30 fps lock in the ini files should tell you enough.

jett

D-Member
Guess this was money down the drain. It was cheap but still this is definitely the last time I buy a PC game before release.

epmode

Hey, maybe Rocksteady will pull the same thing the other developer did with Arkham Origins and say they can't fix the shitty port because they're too busy working on DLC!

I'm so mad at myself for buying this on GMG. I want a goddamned refund.

baphomet

SLI 970s and the game is totally broken. FPS fluctuates from 105-25 with all NVIDIA effects set to off.

Have you tried using the control panel to set one of the 970s as a dedicated physx card? Considering sli is fucked currently, this should at least give you better performance.

Hopefully at least...that's the same setup I have.

comrade

Have you tried using the control panel to set one of the 970s as a dedicated physx card? Considering sli is fucked currently, this should at least give you better performance.

Hopefully at least...that'd the same setup I have.

I'll try it right now and let you know.

The problem isn't so much to blame Denuvo for bad performance.

The problem is that Rocksteady thought it was better to spend money to use Denuvo rather than spend the money to pay coders working on optimization.

FLAguy954

There is something weird going on. It's giving me 30fps (pretty much like it's locked to 30) in normal gameplay. Thought it was something just with the diner first, but got to fly around now and it never goes beyond 30 no matter what settings I use.

I'm getting confirmation from some users on Reddit that the game is locked to 30 fps outside of the benchmark. Can anyone else confirm?

Top Bottom