• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Rappy

I don't know why I expected there would be no WB fuckery when it came to this port. I've done ok with my i5 3570k/ GTX 970 combo (if by ok you mean no crashes to the desktop), but the game does look kinda muddy. The 30 FPS and grain filter kills it.

Shit, what the hell is going on? This isn't the only game that's pulled this malarkey. There's no way the PS4 versions of these games should be better. But they are.

Fuck it, I'm buying Star Wars: Battlefront on the PS4. Same shit is probably going to happen with that one too.

You go do that and then regret it because DICE are a PC first dev. And also, you can't return the game like you can if you buy through Origin.

Running well with everything max and gameworks on at 1920 x 1200. I changed the frame rate cap to 60. It stays at the cap for most of the gameplay, but dips when moving really fast like hitting the boost in the car or while boost grappling. It can go down to the 30s for a split second then gets back. While driving normally it sits at 45-55. While fighting and doing regular Batman stuff its always max.

I have a 4790K, 970, 16gb ram, running on an SSD with a relatively fresh win7 install (built this around the Witcher 3 release).

coughlanio

Nah. Does it happen for every game for you?

I figured it out. I recently routed a 3.5mm cable from my monitor to my line-in and set it to 'Listen' so I could listen to my PS4 and PC audio at the same time. Turned off 'Listen' and it resolved it.

I use a decent USB audio interface (Focusrite Scarlett 2i2) so I was a bit confused as to what was happening.

Thanks!

CryptiK

Battlefront is DICE. DICE ain't fuckin' up no PC version.

Same reason why Mordor is the only non-fucked game that shipped at launch from WB. PC devs doin' PC dev shit.
Battlefront being made by DICE is more than enough reason to avoid the game. And lets not forget the lead platform for Battlefront is PS4.

x3sphere

It's not only the performance issues that are bugging me, but the graphics themselves.

Maxed out at 1440P on my Titan X, it doesn't look as good as the E3 demos they've been showing off the past few years.

Maybe I am remembering wrong, but those demos blew me away, whereas playing it myself, it doesn't actually seem like that much of an improvement from Arkham City.

Anyone feel this way or am I crazy?

I think it looks really good at times, definitely a step up from the previous games. I had a look at one of the E3 2014 trailers and I'm not seeing a downgrade from that really. Remember trailers/E3 demos always only focus on the best looking parts too...

Look at the witcher 3 on ps4 STILL suffering from frate rate issues. If you think consoles are much better, your kidding yourself.

This is a big reminder to all if us to STOP FUCKING PREORDERING. Myself included. Im done with that shit.

Rocksteady better get on this quick.

its far less common on consoles than pc. to argue that its not is absurd.

Epic post is epic.

This game is a cluster f*ck - Afterburner OSD doesn't work. Launched the game and saw that the MAXIMUM textures you can use is "NORMAL!" WTF?!?!

I changed the FPS cap in the INI file but come on! It's 2015 and they capped it to 30FPS?!? Seriously!?!?

Also, game crashed in intro scene and had a huge list of "files missing" etc. so I decided to "verify cache" and now it's re-downloading the ENTIRE GAME!

ARRRRGH!

What's the verdict on SLI? Especially 4-Way SLI?! :D

Really disappointed with Rocksteady - Arkham City was a BRILLIANT game and worked (still does) so well w/ 4-Way SLI etc.

SLI users don't seem to think it has any support

sgs2008

Considering that texture settings only go up to normal and the relative low quality textures that are there at the moment. I feel like a high res texture pack i son the way. Also the minimum and recommended system specs have different hdd space requirements 45 and 55 could support this idea. Might be wishful thinking but we will see.

Static Jak

Is it too much to ask for just one optimised game at launch? I'm not asking for zero bugs here, just no crashing or stupid crap like an FPS Cap.

Disabling all the Gameworks crap delayed the crashing, but it still happened eventually. This time, it just locked up my entire PC. It doesn't play nicely with the Steam interface or the MSI Afterburner interface (unless I disable Gameworks stuff).

Sucking up roughly 4700 MBs of VRAM on my 980 Ti and I'm getting a lot of FPS drops despite low GPU and individual CPU core usage.

Something else is wrong. I'm running it with all settings maxed, Gameworks on, 4K with the 30 fps lock. I use the Steam overlay and I use MSI Afterburner for my OC settings though I haven't enabled the OSD. Obviously with the framerate capped, I'm not using 100% of CPU or GPU but it's pretty consistently smooth with occasional hitches during asset streaming. Oh, it happily eats up my entire 6 GB framebuffer in 4K, Afterburner was reporting the game using 5945 MB of VRAM and never going below that. People who have Titan X have reported it using up to 8 GB of their VRAM in 4K.

oh yeah that reminds me, WTF HAPPENED TO FACEWORKS??

It's not in the final game.

I wouldn't mind being subjected to playing the pc version if it even at least matched the ps4 in performance until a patch or two are released but to hear that it could be worse from the get go is terrible.

Considering that texture settings only go up to normal and the relative low quality textures that are there at the moment. I feel like a high res texture pack i son the way. Also the minimum and recommended system specs have different hdd space requirements 45 and 55 could support this idea. Might be wishful thinking but we will see.

The textures are actually pretty good - if they load. But often this takes several seconds, and during that time only their low res versions are visible.

YoodlePro

Just built my first pc. Would a i5 4460 and an overclocked 970 run this puppy at 1080 60fps all ultra with gameworks? It sure works for the witcher

So the general gist is this game is performing pretty poorly? What performances are people getting with a 970? You able to max it and play at 30fps at least?!

Just built my first pc. Would a i5 4460 and an overclocked 970 run this puppy at 1080 60fps all ultra with gameworks? It sure works for the witcher

Not even close

So the general gist is this game is performing pretty poorly? What performances are people getting with a 970? You able to max it and play at 30fps at least?!

Seems like vram usage gets high enough to cause frame drops from 30 and stuttering

Corpekata

Banned
A 970 will get you 30 locked easily besides the smoke and fog effects, which combined with the general hit the batmobile gives, can be pretty harsh.

At this point I locked mine to 30 at 1440p with all but that setting on.

boskee

It's definitely an ugly game, the DX11 effects look nice but they're slapped on a base of low-res textures and blurry filters. It looks like a mess, no definition.

And here I remember reading reviews which stated that it looks better than The Witcher 3 across all platforms. So how is it?

Right now, nothing will get you 60fps in the actual game (benchmark is another story), on basically any settings.

Ask again after a patch or two.

Only thing I am still working on is figuring out why I can't seem to get the game to output sound in 5.1 - it's only sending 2.1 as best as I can tell. Might just be a setting on my end I need to fix somewhere.

After you mentioned this I talked to some NPCs and panned the camera around to check and it's definitely using all 5.1 channels of my surround system. Cutscene dialogue is firmly locked to the center channel as well, I love it when games do that. I'm using the Nvidia HD Audio output over HDMI to my receiver.

I would think if the game wasn't terribly ported over as it seems, with those specs you might have been able to get 1080p/60 without gameworks or close to it but who knows if its going to be possible in the foreseeable future as some ports just never get much work done to them.

I'm hoping the opposite in this case.

Shari

I dont know why people keep posting their specs for advice when we stated several times that the game right now is broken.

Best would be trying to post fixes found on the net or looking for any clues on when WB/RS are going to deploy a patch for the PC version.

I have a huge let down feeling considering how the rest of rocksteady games were performing, this is sad.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
How so. I know games aren't created equal but if I can run the witcher 3 all maxed out with fps close to 60 how would this be different

There's real issues with the actual game, it's not just a question of can your computer handle it.

This game desperately needs to be patched, even Origins wasn't this bad. At least it had a steady frame rate at launch.

sgs2008

Gemüsepizza;169483163 said:
The textures are actually pretty good - if they load. But often this takes several seconds, and during that time only their low res versions are visible.

Hm ive stood at a spo for like 15 seconds and no high res textures have loaded for me. But do more texting cause the low res stuff ive been seeign can be quite jarring

vocab

How so. I know games aren't created equal but if I can run the witcher 3 all maxed out with fps close to 60 how would this be different

Because witcher 3 is made from a pc dev that knows how to make optimized pc versions. Witcher 3 has so many more options than AK, and runs way better. AK feels like Evil Within.

RulkezX

I guessed we know why no PC code was given out in the run up to release.

I just bought the GCM10 for my Xperia Z2/DS4 so i'm tempted to just go buy the PS4 version.

It's an awful port. You can't even get 60fps max on SLI 980

Oh dear. Stuttering is my idea of hell. I can live with 30fps but stuttering can gtfo.

Yep, it's really fucking bad to have any stuttering. Even minor screen tearing drives me insane, stuttering? I quit using cards in SLI just to avoid that hell.

Deepo

I'm almost thankful, because this game FINALLY cured me of pre-order--o-litis.

Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me 200 times, shame on... can't get burned again.

Top Bottom