• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Caleb187

Now some in the community seem to think that verifying the game install (and thus downloading it all again) may fix the problem.

I don't think i'm going to try that.

I actually had the game crash right before the "evening the odds" scene. This was on the original preload that decrypted. After this I verified and it redownloaded the entire game. Played for a few hours on that install with no problems. Hard to say if it helped or was coincidence.

Teletraan1

Banned
Starforce's record was 422 days with Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Lords of the Fallen is coming near day 200 or so. Who knows, could go past that.

Lords of the Fallen was never cracked because of lack of interest. Other games using this DRM have been cracked. DA3 and FIFA15.

dEvAnGeL

Anyone had any chance asking for a refund after the game is activated on steam with gmg keys?
you mean asking steam for a refund? that would never happen, you didn't buy the game with when, if you mean a refund from GMG that's a no go as well, they don't refund money

y5PMxTX.gif
well done

Is it possible to get refunds if you Don't activate the GMG keys ? I bought mine on steam and got a refund but if so , I think the new policy should be either Buy on Steam , get refund or don't activate keys until you know the PC port is good.

OK you cunts who coded this game. I paid for your shit, I am trying to enjoy it, but this is the third time within 40 minutes that this happens:

arkhamknightfails.png

Moving over to the PS4 version until you fix your shit.

My PS4 version won't arrive for another couple of days at least ):

Weird, my files all disappeared before I got to play it. I was pre-loading it, saw the download was very close to finishing, had "Play when ready" ticked, went off for an hour or so. Came back to find my PC had frozen, reset it and the bios was warning CPU overtemp. Dialed my clocks down and boosted my CPU cooler and windows booted fine. Went into to play Batman and got "allocating disk space" or whatever it says, then it started downloading it all again. Game folder and Download folder in Steam were both empty and nothing in Recycle, even tried a couple of file recovery programs, all they found were the assets for the New 52 skins pack. So now at 13GB down again and a long wait until I can try again. I'll be sure to back up the game files this time as soon as it's done. May not be related to the game, could just be due to the system going down I suppose. But I run my overclocks daily and for everything else with no problems at all.

Redmoon

The app is still private.

Edit: Oh, wait, no it's not. It's there for me.

harleydlcx8ouy.jpg

If you enable the developer console on Steam (add -dev to the shortcut's target line) and type in licences_for_app 208650, what does the console spit out?

OT, but what Steam skin is that? Looks nice :)

Stevey

I have a strange issue on steam with this game, I am not getting trading cards and can't actually load the achievement page even though I see them pop up ingame. Anyone else having this issue?

That's happened with a lot of new releases recently

Zoned

Actively hates charity
I'm guessing they know full well the game runs terribly and figured for the average person, it'd be safer to just cap it at 30fps so it provides a 'playable' experience.

I don't see that happening when you have partnership with Nvidia whose is selling their TITAN's and 980's on that game.

Pooya

Iron Galaxy is usually pretty decent, I feel porting a game this complex and huge was way too much for them though. They didn't have the experience.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Yeah, the stuttering is terrible whenever you try to maneuver in the batmobile. Not as bad gliding, but it's also noticeable there, too.

I'm not getting it as bad as the RPS video, but it's already led to the batmobile being pretty damn hard to control when chasing that first humvee.

Sal Ami

Banned
Starforce's record was 422 days with Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Lords of the Fallen is coming near day 200 or so. Who knows, could go past that.
Lords of the Fallen must have sold extremely well then with no piracy being possible. I bet the developers were shouting from the hills how much that DRM helped their sales.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'm guessing they know full well the game runs terribly and figured for the average person, it'd be safer to just cap it at 30fps so it provides a 'playable' experience.
That's the problem. Most PC gamers are not your "average" people.

BloodR0se

Yeah, that's a post-release sub. It's literally not even a day old. You'll have to hit up the store for a Harley Quinn key.

That's not a pre-order package, either. It seems that physical copies in particular are essentially bundles (post-release game key + pre-order DLC key).

Well the reseller sold it as a preorder copy and said that it would include the extra content so I've raised the problem with them. Hopefully they will sort the problem out.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The game actually runs quite well for me with the 30fps cap left intact -- no stuttering or texture streaming issues to speak of and nor were there any noticeable framerate dips in my ~one hour with it (12GB RAM, 2600K @ 4.4GHz, GTX 980, 1TB M500 SSD).

Well the reseller sold it as a preorder copy and said that it would include the extra content so I've raised the problem with them. Hopefully they will sort the problem out.

As a silver lining, if you encounter resistance then you could file a chargeback without concern that the key may be revoked later. Nobody but a game's publisher can ask Valve to remove a key from a user's account and no publisher is going to assist a reseller.

Head.spawn

Why is it that the only good looking thing in this entire game is when you check out the characters from within the menu? I want my game to look like that...

That was the first thing I checked out before playing anything and I was like, "Holy fook, Rocksteady done enhanced the fuck out of the PC version as asurprise! No wonder the required specs were so high!"

Then I start the game and nope all over the place. =/

Really? I don't see it. I'm looking at shots of both from the PC screen shot thread and not seeing it.

MAterials shader son some objecs look better, for sure, metal, Batman's cape, but if I didn't know better, I'd have a hard time picking out AO or eve AC vs this game ona screenshot.

Really?

Is this hyperbole? You should actually check out some Arkham City or Origins screenshots.

Probably.

The thing is it's so outside the norm these days that if you're going to cap the game at 30fps for PC you should be announcing that ahead of time and giving a reason for it. You can't just spring that on people as a surprise.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall the last game to do it, Evil Within, announcing it ahead of time that it was capped. And then they later released a 60fps fix as well.

BloodR0se

The game actually runs quite well for me with the 30fps cap left intact -- no stuttering or texture streaming issues to speak of and nor were there any noticeable framerate dips in my ~one hour with it (12GB RAM, 2600K @ 4.4GHz, GTX 980, 1TB M500 SSD).

As a silver lining, if you encounter resistance then you could file a chargeback without concern that the key may be revoked later. Nobody but a game's publisher can ask Valve to remove a key from a user's account and no publisher is going to assist a reseller.

Yeah I have said on their Facebook page that I am considering PayPal action as a last resort since it wasn't sold to me as described. I'll give them a little while to reply first though since it could be a genuine mistake.

FaintDeftone

Here is my experience so far after playing for about 40min last night.

My rig:

Core i7 4790k 4ghz
8GB RAM
EVGA Geforce 970 SCC 4GB
1080p Resolution
Everything maxed except Gameworks settings

When I started I noticed the game ran at about a constant 30fps and I noticed some intro jittering a bit. Once I took control the game ran smooth but the framerate stayed in the 30's.

When I hit the first forced interrogation point the enemy kept clipping through objects and the cutscene conversation was all glitchy. After it was over I was stuck in the ground but I was able to free myself after pounding some buttons.

Once I noticed the system INI tip about the framerate lock, I changed it to 60 and it ran smoother.

I can safely say that the 970 runs the game very well on 1080p at max, non-gameworks settings. Unfortunately you have to put a little bit of work to get that framerate unlocked.

cripterion

Lol this must be a joke, all the Nvidia effects are huge hogs, that smoke is killing my framerate in the benchmark, without it and all the other effects it is dropping as low as 34 and 52 fps average on SLI 970... Game doesn't even look that good ffs.

Also I checked the SLI bits are there in Nvidia spector

Jarmel

Banned
Glad I didn't preorder. Absolutely shameful for them to release the game in this broken state.

It even seems like they were trying to be slick and lock it at 30FPS to hide how bad it runs.

Soi-Fong

Try asking him. Might be fun to learn about it in an insider pov.

I doubt he will answer you though. Nda and all that.

Just saw the end credits on youtube and it does indeed show Iron Galaxy Studios as "Additional Engineering and PC Support"

ggB39CN.png

Not gonna say his name, but I don't see him listed on this credits page so I'm not even sure if he worked on the port for this game.

Won't hurt though, gonna send him an FB message.

vg260

“This is something that Rocksteady takes very seriously. We are working closely with our external PC development partner to make sure these issues get resolved as quickly as possible.”

Then how did it get released with barebones config options compared to earlier games and in the state it was? (the answer is probably the publisher, but still)

I'm getting sick of hearing this after incredibly botched releases.

Zakalwe

Banned
Here is my experience so far after playing for about 40min last night.

My rig:

Core i7 4790k 4ghz
8GB RAM
EVGA Geforce 970 SCC 4GB
1080p Resolution
Everything maxed except Gameworks settings

When I started I noticed the game ran at about a constant 30fps and I noticed some intro jittering a bit. Once I took control the game ran smooth but the framerate stayed in the 30's.

When I hit the first forced interrogation point the enemy kept clipping through objects and the cutscene conversation was all glitchy. After it was over I was stuck in the ground but I was able to free myself after pounding some buttons.

Once I noticed the system INI tip about the framerate lock, I changed it to 60 and it ran smoother.

I can safely say that the 970 runs the game very well on 1080p at max, non-gameworks settings. Unfortunately you have to but a little bit of work to get that framerate unlocked.

It runs very well?

I have pretty much the same system as you, and even with all gamesworks off, at max 1080 the game dips into the 30s constantly.

What witchcraft are you working?

Then how did it get released with barebones config options compared to earlier games and in the state it was? (the answer is probably the publisher, but still)

I'm getting sick of hearing this after incredibly botched releases.

Cause 30 FPS and Normal Textures are Next-gen .

Teletraan1

Banned
I think news outlets also reported that Battlefield Hardline hasn't been cracked as well. That uses Denuvo too.

Probably, how long is the campaign for that game? If the focus of the game is the online portion then again it would probably not be in a cracking groups interest to even bother since the online portion wont work anyway. If that is the case then pretty empty PR for Denuvo. For a primarily single player game you can bet this will get cracked.

Vitor711

Really? I don't see it. I'm looking at shots of both from the PC screen shot thread and not seeing it.

MAterials shader son some objecs look better, for sure, metal, Batman's cape, but if I didn't know better, I'd have a hard time picking out AO or eve AC vs this game ona screenshot.

Actually, even if it is better, I'm still slightly annoyed that it's so obviously 'animated' and not just a physical simulation. I know they had one guy solely dedicated to making the cape look good in AA but it still moves in very weird ways. Guess I was just hoping that by now they would have added some of those gameworks bells and whistles to it by now.

viveks86

You sure you don't see it? I'm shocked that this keeps coming up. I get it that everyone is pissed with performance, I am too. But seriously?

bat4b-noscale.jpg

batmanak2015-06-2305-yks2s.png

batmanac_2012_09_21_2usrc3.png

19076753121_dfb39f4d59_o.jpg

You sure you don't see it? I'm shocked that this keeps coming up. I get it that everyone is pissed with performance, I am too. But seriously?

bat4b-noscale.jpg

batmanak2015-06-2305-yks2s.png

Thanks for this, I was trying to find some decent pictures of the older games because I didn't take any of Origins. I mean, not being impressed by the game is one thing. But there's a lot of hyperbole going on.

eot

Banned
I have a strange issue on steam with this game, I am not getting trading cards and can't actually load the achievement page even though I see them pop up ingame. Anyone else having this issue?

I think you can't get trading cards until after 2+ hours, to stop you from exploting the refunds. Might be related to that.

Top Bottom