• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Batman Arkham Asylum/City Remaster (Rumor)

delSai

Jun 16, 2014
Germany
twitter.com
Those two games and Arkham Knight are the whole trilogy. Origins doesn't seem to count :p
Just finished Arkham City for the second time a while ago, so no interest at the moment. Maybe when my Ps3 dies.

Jul 22, 2007
So are they going to include the performance-crippling PC options so that console gamers get the full feel of being a PC arkham owner or are they going to risk leaving them out so that console gamers feel neglected?

Because I kinda don't see how they would coming out fine either way.

Betty

Banned
May 31, 2013
Well it's not like we don't have a shiny new Batman game to look forward to, so there's not much to get mad about here.

IAmRandom31

Banned
Aug 4, 2013
<GET>

pile them on man

next up, Demons Souls / Dragons Dogma / Ratchet and Clank Collection / Uncharted collection

RulkezX

May 27, 2013
I didn't mind them but now it seems to be for every game. If the remasters are done right and not half-assed then I guess I'm on board.

Yeah but there are an infinite number of developers working in the industry and remasters are totally free to make so they hurt no one and don't affect other projects at all.

Stone Ocean

May 27, 2013
My question is... when is this going to end? Remasters need to die a horrible death.
It ends when people stop buying them. And why do they need to die a horrible death? People want them, they aren't stopping their sequels from being released, who gives a shit?

Tizoc

Jun 23, 2010
Oman
My question is... when is this going to end? Remasters need to die a horrible death.

Uh no. When done right, remasters tend to be the definitive version of a game.
You need to remember that remasters can apply to pre PS360 era games too.

Son Of D

Sep 18, 2013
Don't worry everyone, Arkham City is not the same game nor is it the same content. Just like the Wii U version.

BronsonLee

Oct 30, 2011
Yeah but there are an infinite number of developers working in the industry and remasters are totally free to make so they hurt no one and don't affect other projects at all.

They may also help studios and have positive effects/allow new projects to be funded with the money though. It's a two way street

Dec 22, 2014
Well, I could get behind this if they're being ported to UE4 with some of the improvements from Arkham Knight.

Interested in the awful boxart that will come from it, though.

Nov 14, 2005
I remember thinking that switching to x86 and other standard hardware designs would possibly lead to easier backwards compatibility during generations after this one but clearly the we're going down the fuck you pay me...again route instead for the foreseeable future.

Montresor

Dec 31, 2008
I see that Origins isn't part of the remaster, the one Arkham game I haven't played, and all I can think is: Cunts.

koutoru

Sep 9, 2013
Creative bankrupcy all around this generation.
Well, people are buying these types of games, so they'll keep making them.

We'll probably see more series like Mass Effect and Crysis go through similar treatment.