• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham Asylum/City Remaster (Rumor)

Castef

Banned
Just confirmed by "trusted sources" of IGN Italy, as you can check here.

Coming to PS4 and XB1.

My question is... Why not the whole trilogy?

delSai

Those two games and Arkham Knight are the whole trilogy. Origins doesn't seem to count :p
Just finished Arkham City for the second time a while ago, so no interest at the moment. Maybe when my Ps3 dies.

So are they going to include the performance-crippling PC options so that console gamers get the full feel of being a PC arkham owner or are they going to risk leaving them out so that console gamers feel neglected?

Because I kinda don't see how they would coming out fine either way.

Betty

Banned
Well it's not like we don't have a shiny new Batman game to look forward to, so there's not much to get mad about here.

Poona

Hurrah! Finally!

I was wishing they had have given us that when the arkham knight game was delayed from October last year.

RulkezX

I didn't mind them but now it seems to be for every game. If the remasters are done right and not half-assed then I guess I'm on board.

Yeah but there are an infinite number of developers working in the industry and remasters are totally free to make so they hurt no one and don't affect other projects at all.

Tizoc

My question is... when is this going to end? Remasters need to die a horrible death.

Uh no. When done right, remasters tend to be the definitive version of a game.
You need to remember that remasters can apply to pre PS360 era games too.

Yeah but there are an infinite number of developers working in the industry and remasters are totally free to make so they hurt no one and don't affect other projects at all.

They may also help studios and have positive effects/allow new projects to be funded with the money though. It's a two way street

Well, I could get behind this if they're being ported to UE4 with some of the improvements from Arkham Knight.

Interested in the awful boxart that will come from it, though.

I remember thinking that switching to x86 and other standard hardware designs would possibly lead to easier backwards compatibility during generations after this one but clearly the we're going down the fuck you pay me...again route instead for the foreseeable future.

Top Bottom