• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham Asylum/City Remaster (Rumor)

Stop bumping this thread, i would love a remaster of these games, even if it's just 1080p and 60fps. I replayed them both on PS3 recently and I forgot how slow things were.

The day people stop buying remasters is the day we won't get them anymore. But there will always be games you wanted to play but didn't get the chance to. Me for instance haven't played dark souls 2 yet, just beat bloodborne guess what I'm getting next?

Red Hood

Banned
super mario galaxy 1/2 as well probably

I'm thinking most definitely not. I did have some hope, but those hopes faded when they re-released SMG2 as a direct download on the eShop. I'm not seeing a Wii U remaster happen, maybe next generation.

MARIO 64 NEEDS TO BE REMADE OR HAVE A SEQUEL

deadfolk

Remember this is just a rumour though, and since Arkham Knight hits stores in less than 8 weeks, I personally don't even think it's coming. But then again, I'm just a nobody. Anyway, I'd really urge you to try Arkham Asylum and City, preferable on the PC. Asylum may feel a little wonky, but City still looks, feels and controls incredibly well.

Yeah, I actually have all three on PC but for some reason, I just can't get up the enthusiasm. Which is a shame, because I really like the look of AK, but my OCD won't laet me play it without doing the others. Maybe I can skip Origins, at least.

Having said that, I'm hoping to get a decent Steam in-home streaming setup going soon, so I'll be more likely to play them then.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The number one complaint that I have with people who complain about remasters is that they act like new games grow on trees and that can get popped out and developed at the bat of an eye. Yes, we get it you guys want new games, but a little common sense will show that remasters are not replacing new games.

New games take time and there is NO evidence, none, zero zilch, that remasters are replacing and taking the place of new development and game releases. Most likely, remasters are getting released to provide additional funds and support to new games. Because of that, we should be ok with them. As it has been repeated like crazy, you are NOT forced to buy them. I love God of War II, but I will not be paying $40 for a five year old game.

I am 100% with those who think the whining should lead to banning, since its much worse than port-begging IMO.

HOWEVER, one thing that I do not like and will not support is a lazy effort and poor value. Saints Row IV was a pretty poor effort. TR:DE at $60 was a pretty poor value. Metro Redux was a good value, while Halo:MCC (from a content perspective) was an excellent value. I also think that a Mass Effect trilogy at $60 with all 3 games and DLC would provide excellent value. I am also not a fan of GoWIII getting re-released for $40. Not a good value, if it contained the entire saga, then it becomes a STEAL.

Arkham remastered is good, but there is no reason that it couldn't include the single player campaign of Arkham Origins. That removes value as far as Im concerned.

The Arkham Games Deserve a Remaster so i'm all for this. Hopefully E3 announcement.

Arkham remastered is good, but there is no reason that it couldn't include the single player campaign of Arkham Origins. That removes value as far as Im concerned.

I don't think Rocksteady even count that as a main part in there story. Origins was just a shitty prequel made by another dev. They obviously only want their own superior games Remastered. Origins sucked so I don't see why people are complaining. It was so bad I got bored and just stopped playing it.

My wish list for Remasters

- Batman Arkham
- Uncharted
- Mass Effect
- Read Dead Redemption

That's all I want.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The Arkham Games Deserve a Remaster so i'm all for this. Hopefully E3 announcement.

I don't think Rocksteady even count that as a main part in there story. Origins was just a shitty prequel made by another dev. They obviously only want their own superior games Remastered. Origins sucked so I don't see why people are complaining. It was so bad I got bored and just stopped playing it.

My wish list for Remasters

- Batman Arkham
- Uncharted
- Mass Effect
- Read Dead Redemption

That's all I want.

Origins did not suck. I loved that game.

Aren't opinions great things?!

True that its not a Rocksteady game, but it is a Batman game.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
While I like them both Origins was the best and the most underrated just because it wasn't done by the original team.
Would by if it included Origins.

prag16

Banned
New games take time and there is NO evidence, none, zero zilch, that remasters are replacing and taking the place of new development and game releases. Most likely, remasters are getting released to provide additional funds and support to new games.

This is all conjecture on your part. Dev resources don't grow on trees. If they're working on a remaster they could be working on a new game. Remasters don't develop themselves. The only ones that comes close to developing themselves are more along the lines of the ones you condemn for being lazy poor value hack jobs.

But it doesn't matter what you or I think in particular. People are buying these, so more of them will be made. Period. Doesn't matter that my reaction to this was, "oh, for fuck's sake". Also, backseat modding is usually frowned upon from what I've seen.

paolo11

I don't mind if they remaster both Batman games.

But most of the games right now are remasters. I get we are still early on the PS4/Xbox One life but I kinda wished we get MORE current original or sequel games.

My opinion of course.

Rurunaki

I don't mind if they remaster both Batman games.

But most of the games right now are remasters. I get we are still early on the PS4/Xbox One life but I kinda wished we get MORE current original or sequel games.

My opinion of course.

I don't mind the remasters.. I think the long life cycle of the ps3/360 led to these remasters..

Hahs

I never got the HD remakes complaints? i mean i can see why folks are a bit unruly since the new exclusive game releases for consoles have have been a bit slow but if you have no interest in the repurchase what are you going off about. I never played city so i'm eager to pick this up and replay Asylum while i'm at it.
the effort spent making remasters could be put towards a new title or sequel/preqlue - maybe if there was a studio(s) dedicated to remasters things would seem more even keeled.

Sorry for bump, but here is a survey leak I found in the web.

11265622_942593215793368_4446128134128392873_o.jpg

Well that would be something nice. I would go for this.

Gleethor

I really do wish they would include origins, but I'll take what I can get. Also this would've been a more exciting proposition as a 2014 title.

My question is... when is this going to end? Remasters need to die a horrible death.

One thing that is so transparent about "remasters" this generation is ironically pointing out much more valuable the PC platform is. All, I see right here is just more incentive to steer away from any future multi-plat console versions because it will be consistently repeated again generation after generation to milk consumers for all their worth. It's one thing to remaster an exclusive, but this particular trend across all publishers is very telling.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Why are the cover arts using Injustice Batman? Doesn't look right.

I think it's actually the Arkham Knight batman, which is still odd, but makes more sense from an advertising perspective.

edit: never mind, that definitely is the Injustice Batman. What the heck?

CryptiK

If this isn't out before Arkham Knight whats the point?. Also There better a be a PC ver./update because if its being rebuilt it would be nice.

Koobion

If this isn't out before Arkham Knight whats the point?. Also There better a be a PC ver./update because if its being rebuilt it would be nice.

Indeed. I really hope that the PC version gets this in the form of an update, if it comes out at all of course.

I was about to get back into City on PC, but now I'm quite torn.

Could Arkham Knight's summer release make possible for a GOTY Edition to be released by the holidays? If they are going to produce remastered versions of the Asylum and City, last holiday season was the time to do so. Short of diehard fans, I don;t see alot of people double dipping now with Arkham Knight preparing to drop. I suppose once the novelty settles, people could opt for them on the ps4, but I think buying all three complete versions of the game would be the best possible way to market them if Rocksteady wants to persuade consumers to buy games they may already own.

jelly

Out of those three pictures, none. I always liked the Arkham City promo shots in mostly black and white.

Suprised to read they are actually putting effort into them. thought it would just be the PC versions but I guess we'll have to wait and see if those words match noticeable changes.

Top Bottom