• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Batman: Arkham Asylum' (PS3/X360/PC) Officially Announced

I_D

I'm very impressed at the graphical quality (even in scans) of this game.

It looks like they took the best part of Riddick (the jail) and expanded it.
If the game has good combat, it could be a winner.

Not familiar with this Zur En Batman, is this something from the current series?

Speaking of alternate costumes, Mignola's design for the costume from Gotham by Gaslight would be pretty nice,

Ephemeris

JasonUresti said:
Not familiar with this Zur En Batman, is this something from the current series?

Speaking of alternate costumes, Mignola's design for the costume from Gotham by Gaslight would be pretty nice,
Yeah see here for more info http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291404

Fatghost said:
Zur-En-Arrh Batman is a must.

The Bat-Radia's electronic molecules must stream forth!

Use it to scan enemies and see through all of
their self-deception

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
anotherworld said:
**** *** has some screens.

2z738nk.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Rapping Granny said:
Meh at the screens, it looks really weird to me.

Same. Eyebrow muscles look to be on steroids and Batman's eyes aren't white. :(

Joker looks freaky though... though maybe not in a good way... I dunno yet...

I'll probably pick it up on PC if the reviews pan out well.

dude

dude
Looks good, but the Joker kind of looks like a mannequin, and some of the models look like action figures, and not in the good way. Still excited.

Also, Killer Croc is the wrost Batman villain ever.

Andrex said:
Same. Eyebrow muscles look to be on steroids and Batman's eyes aren't white. :(

Joker looks freaky though... though maybe not in a good way... I dunno yet...

I'll probably pick it up on PC if the reviews pan out well.
Pretty sure it's based on Alex Ross's Batman.

Danielsan

Looking good. The croc dude totally looks like a locust. Also, I hate the Joker design, looks a lot like Nicholson's joker. They should redesign it to look more like Heath's imo.

sennin

Awesome screen shots! Heh, I agree with the criticism targeted at the facial expressions. It needs some work there to inject life into this game. Joker's grin is as malicious as I remember him from the comics though, no changes needed here.

Please don't screw this up. Let this be the answer to my calls for a good HD Batman game.

Hmmm...Killer Croc as a 20 foot Locust....not sure if I'm feeling that one.

Joker looks fine, its a bit strange seeing him back in the fluorescent purple and neon green hair after having Heath's Joker burnt into my memory this summer.

Granted there is a bit of bullshottery going on in the pics but so far it is looking good. I just hope they have gameplay to back all of this up.

Andrex said:
Looks like the stole the Batman figure from Robot Chicken.

Eh, your complaints here are kinda ridiculous and pessimistic.

sionyboy said:
Hmmm...Killer Croc as a 20 foot Locust....not sure if I'm feeling that one.

Joker looks fine, its a bit strange seeing him back in the fluorescent purple and neon green hair after having Heath's Joker burnt into my memory this summer.

Granted there is a bit of bullshottery going on in the pics but so far it is looking good. I just hope they have gameplay to back all of this up.

It's actually 10 feet. >_>

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
the riddick comparison is spot-on.

the joker looks way stupid in the long shot of him tied up, though. it looks like a ragdoll physics thing gone wrong--something about the way his head his hanging

Spoo

Personally, I think the Joker looks fantastic. To some degree, we have to be realistic with what we're seeing -- it's pretty clear the game is following a particular stylistic tone more akin to the comics than any of the movies... but even if they had gone for Heath's rendition, would we be able to make that work?

Heath's Joker isn't much without Heath's voice behind the paint. Lets see what they can do with what they've have -- again, I think the look they have going in this game is actually pretty dark and terrifying.

Danielsan said:
Also, I hate the Joker design, looks a lot like Nicholson's joker. They should redesign it to look more like Heath's imo.
This is the comic book license, not the film license. Joker looks like he did in the comics, as he should.

That looks amazing. That really does. I actually really like the design of the Joker too. It's obviously got a bit more heart than your typical movie-license movie, although it's up for debate now whether it's even actually a tie-in with the movie anymore.

Really has surprised me. I hope the gameplay matches the graphics and design.

10.jpg

Spot on design here. His hair is perfect.

Sean

Banned
Looks great! It really does look familiar to Riddick and The Darkness - if I hadn't known better I would think Starbreeze were developing this.

Everything sounds good too, hopefully this delivers and breaks the spell of bad Batman games. Seems like they're putting the effort in at least.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Zedsdeadbaby said:
That looks amazing. That really does. I actually really like the design of the Joker too. It's obviously got a bit more heart than your typical movie-license movie, although it's up for debate now whether it's even actually a tie-in with the movie anymore.

Really has surprised me. I hope the gameplay matches the graphics and design.

Spot on design here. His hair is perfect.

I can see I'm gonna get really sick of people calling this a movie game.

Is it that hard to read the OP? Really?

looks great to me. I actually really like Batman's design. They obviously aren't going for a cartoony atmosphere, and his design reflects that and fits in perfectly.

kruskev

Zedsdeadbaby said:
Is it that hard to read the very post you just quoted?

How is it up for debate when it has been said numerous times that eidos has the comics license and the developer themselves specifically said this game is not releasing to tie in with the batman movie franchise in anyway.

Flavius

Looks great. I see some Bernie Wrightson influence in the cowl. The musculature reminds me of Jim Lee's riff on Frank Miller's DKR Batman.

Yes, I'm a huge (figuratively, I assure you!) Batman geek. :D

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Zedsdeadbaby said:
Is it that hard to read the very post you just quoted?

I read your post, it's not up for debate, it's not the movie license, it's the comic license.

Top Bottom