• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham City Screenshots [Teaser Post 535]

I know that this is kind of an aside to the subject, but will the unveil trailer from last VGA featuring the Joker be used as the intro/attract screen for this game? It sort of reminded me of the early Resident Evil games, where it served as a splashy montage of imagery to get the player hyped for the actual game.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I want to shake the hand of whoever did the cat woman model. That is stand out texture work, right there.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
igymy.jpg

Cardon

DC Comics has just announced a new Batman: Arkham City comic mini-series. It's supposed to hit in May leading in to the release of Arkham City this Fall. Paul Dini is involved in the mini-series so we should all be thankful for that since it shouldn't be an epic trainwreck or dilute the game.

I hope with this announcement that WB Games will start the hype machine rolling for the Arkham City and actually release some new details or heaven forbid an actual gameplay video in the near future.

mileS

Cardon said:
DC Comics has just announced a new Batman: Arkham City comic mini-series. It's supposed to hit in May leading in to the release of Arkham City this Fall. Paul Dini is involved in the mini-series so we should all be thankful for that since it shouldn't be an epic trainwreck or dilute the game.

I hope with this announcement that WB Games will start the hype machine rolling for the Arkham City and actually release some new details or heaven forbid an actual gameplay video in the near future.

Yea I was just got to post this. Great news indeed. Heres the official DC blog post about it http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/02/09/batman-arkham-city-comic/

I'm not really worried about lack of gameplay videos and details considering before AA there was a new trailer every week or so and if you watched them all there wasn't much left for you to be surprised about... Well besides finding out that the game itself was actually fantastic.

Looks crazy. Really hope they're able to do outdo the first one.

Was it ever confirmed if that Joker and Batman video of them fighting together was fake or real?

omgawd it looks amazing. Both of those set pieces look fantastic.

In case people don't know, Sionis is (minor character spoiler)
Black Mask

kaz2y5

Banned
Maaaaan, the best superhero game ever was Arkham Asylum, but wondering 2 things: Will Chris Nolan base Anne Hathaway's Selina Kyle/CW on this version and will this game be in 1080p, given the gorgeous hi-def screen shots?

kaz2y5 said:
Maaaaan, the best superhero game ever was Arkham Asylum, but wondering 2 things: Will Chris Nolan base Anne Hathaway's Selina Kyle/CW on this version and will this game be in 1080p, given the gorgeous hi-def screen shots?

Not a chance (because he's a top tier director with his own concepts and ideas). And not a chance (unless you're playing the PC SKU).

kaz2y5

Banned
Yeah, I know, you're probably right on both accounts, but a geek can dream, right? But if my dreams do come true, I'm gonna be a choad about it, lol!!

MMaRsu

Banned
Tonedeff said:
Would I have to play Arkham Asylum first to fully enjoy this game? Or is this stand-alone?

You HAVE to play it regardless you idiot. WHY ARENT YOU PLAYING IT RIGHT NOW?

GO!

Orayn

This looks amazing. The size of the "hub world" was the only thing that really differentiated Arkham Asylum from being a flawless 3D rendition of a Zedla/Metroidvania game, and that looks like it's being addressed and then some. Color me excited!
Tonedeff said:
Would I have to play Arkham Asylum first to fully enjoy this game? Or is this stand-alone?
I'd assume it's going to be fairly standalone, but you really should play Arkham Asylum anyway.

I get a serious Manhunt vibe from some of the imagery in this game (and the first one). It looks like an awesome, HD current-gen Manhunt. With Batman. :)

Orayn

Tonedeff said:
LOL Ok then.
GAF has spoken.

Okay, so I haven't been keeping up with news on Arkham City as well as I could be. Has Rocksteady said anything about what's happening to detective mode/x-ray vision? I know they were kinda frustrated with how many people played almost all of AA in that mode, and that they wanted to come up with a better way, but do we have anything in the way of specifics?

Top Bottom