• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight Aiming for identical Res/Framerate Across Xbox One and PS4

While Rocksteady Studios has not locked down a final resolution or frame rate for 2015's Batman: Arkham Knight--the "ultimate Batman simulator"--the developer now says it's aiming for graphical parity across all platforms. The reveal came as part of a recent livestream when Rocksteady Studios was asked specifically about the resolution and frame rate for PlayStation 4 version of the game.

"We don't know yet," a Rocksteady developer said. "We're about six months away from going gold. So we don't know what the resolution and the frame rate's going to be yet. That's something that happens during the optimization phase of the game. We're aiming for parity across all platforms. Whatever it is, it's going to be awesome."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/batman-arkham-knight-aiming-for-graphics-parity-ac/1100-6423481/

sensui-tomo

30eEul4.gif

I'm out of this thread before it even starts.(but i hope they take the time to make the game look good or at least run at a locked frame rate)

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
My optimism is telling me that means they're hoping to bring the graphical fidelity to the highest possible standard across all platforms.

But my cynicism is telling me that they'll just match the lowest denominator.

Skyzard

Banned
Consoles are holding each other back now.

And there's no way this will be 60fps unless it's majorly downgraded.
PC version better be a generation ahead.

Eggbok

Sony is marketing this game right? Cus if so that parity better mean they are going to juice up that XB1 version.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
They better damn well mean they're aiming to bring the Xone version to the level of the PS4 one, not the PS4 one down.

Sigh, it's so fucked that the second possibility is even a realistic concern. This industry sometimes, man.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
I don't understand why developers are so fucking tone def on this issue. Also, WHY?!

theDeeDubs

Really curious if this will start to become the norm. Cheaper maybe? Anyway, I just want a solid framerate. I still haven't played the last Batman so I'm ready for another.

Amir0x

Banned
If it really does "aim for parity", that's another game off my list. No skin off my back devs. Keep diggin'.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Nope, I am pretty sure they have a partenership with Sony and have done for the past games in the series.

Yea they showed it on-stage at E3. Considering how demanding this game will probably be, I can't see it being the same on both platforms

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
My optimism is telling me that means they're hoping to bring the graphical fidelity to the highest possible standard across all platforms.

But my cynicism is telling me that they'll just match the lowest denominator.

same here

Top Bottom