• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight Announced (PC/PS4/XB1, 2014) - Drivable Batmobile!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megatron

Is this expected this fall? I guess I'm officially on the clock to get back to and finish Arkham City and to continue ignoring Arkham Origins.

RPGCrazied

With Rocksteady back at the helm, I'm sure it will be amazing. Gotham City and a drivable Batmobile - what's not to like about it? The fact they're working on next-gen only is great, too, no lazy ports here.

I'd wait until this comes from WB themselves as to what systems its coming out on. This looks like some Amazon like site, that leaked it.

Jonboy

rrPlu.gif

A new IP would be great but if there's another superhero they're just as passionate about I'd like to see someone else get the video game love Batman got.

Roubjon

For some reason I want to play this one, even though I've only really played the first for a short while. I'm probably just looking forward to seeing how it looks, considering it isn't being released on the previous generation.

This may be the first Arkham game I skip out on day 1 since I don't have a PS4 or XB1 yet since they are still too much for me and with the PS4 selling so well I doubt I will see a price cut for some time. IF it is announced on last gen systems I may still wait it out for the better looking versions.

Harley Quinn is an interesting character to make playable. I wonder if this is indicative of some possible significant role she may play in the story. Of course Deathstroke was playable in Arkham Origins and he was barely around, but at least with him there appeared to be resused assets. I cannot think they could reuse a lot of assets for Quinn.

I hope Rocksteady really improved upon combat and stealth too.

I just hope they don't resurrect the Joker to be the final boss.

Super lame if they do.

I am gonna call it right now. Scarecrow will be the main villain and the last level will be a run through with fear toxin and a version of Joker will appear there, not as a monster like Titan Joker, not as a zombie, but something not exactly human either. If not Scarecrow it will be Harley Quinn mixing the fear toxin with Joker laughing gas or something.

So what about the endings to Origins and Blackgate?
You think WB Montreal are actually making a Suicide Squad game for next year...or was it all just a cock tease?

Bankoiia

Somehow I think I'd be more hyped for this if Arkham Origins didn't exist. That game has soured my expectations for the franchise. Then again, it's Rocksteady and current gen only... Delicious combination.

Joei

The should just name it Batman:GTA.... Incredibly disappointed, but who didn't see this coming?

LiK

This may be the first Arkham game I skip out on day 1 since I don't have a PS4 or XB1 yet since they are still too much for me and with the PS4 selling so well I doubt I will see a price cut for some time. IF it is announced on last gen systems I may still wait it out for the better looking versions.

Harley Quinn is an interesting character to make playable. I wonder if this is indicative of some possible significant role she may play in the story. Of course Deathstroke was playable in Arkham Origins and he was barely around, but at least with him there appeared to be resused assets. I cannot think they could reuse a lot of assets for Quinn.

I hope Rocksteady really improved upon combat and stealth too.

Says she's playable in challenge maps only which means nothing for the story.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
That's what people said when Arkham City got announced as well, but sure let's burn this thing down before we've seen a single shred of the game.
Yes, lets rather hype it in the heaven because you can now the most essential thing Batman does - Driving a car!

NotLiquid

Eh. I still wish Rocksteady worked on something entirely different.

Drivable Batmobile is cool and all but it's about the only thing I can get excited about.

Loxley

I'm so fucking there. This just rose to the top of my most-anticipated games list, and that's just based on what little we know. Excited to see some game play (likely at E3).

Everything about this is right. Gotham City, driveable Batmobile, current-gen only, the return of Scarecrow. Rocksteady you legends.

Permission to board the hype train Sir? Permission granted.

Ponn

Banned
Really shouldnt be getting these day one anyways. Fine, will get it Xmas 2015 in a price dropped PS4 slim black friday bundle along with FFXV. And they already had the awesome Batmobile, why on earth change it.

Dawg

I truly hope it is next-gen only.

People need to stop saying games should stay cross-gen because of the "huge last-gen userbase". Publishers need to start pushing next gen. Hell, a lot of cross-gen titles seem to sell more on next gen anyway.

And this is a great game to push next-gen.

Xater

So what about the endings to Origins and Blackgate?
You think WB Montreal are actually making a Suicide Squad game for next year...or was it all just a cock tease?

I kinda don't give a shit what Montreal does. Give me Rocksteady or I don't care. :p

So the PS4 and Xbone are out, yet we're calling the PS3 and 360 "current gen" still?
Okay.

Who is doing that? Not me. I only see it from some dumb outlets and market still doing that.

I really don't think Batman needs a vehicle, I think that seems kinda limited compared to everything else he can do outside of one.

Unless it flies, of course

batmobile05.jpg

Based Rocksteady.

Hope they can do something other than Batman soon. "Finale" tends to not hold a lot of weight in these games.

Maybe Green Arrow?

As for this game, I am excited. I didn't play Origins because it came out at the wrong time and it wasn't Rocksteady. But if this really is the last Batman game that Rocksteady makes I will buy it, though I will wait (again) for the GOTY Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom