• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight Announced (PC/PS4/XB1, 2014) - Drivable Batmobile!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Glad it's only for current gen. No restrictions should help them achieve better performance and visuals. I hope it's 60FPS.

I didn't really enjoy City or Origins due to the time wasting of flying from end to end on the map reason why Asylum is still my favorite in the series. Hopefully having the Batmobile will be more enjoyable.

nampad

Next gen only makes me happy. Hope they don't have to use UE3 again.
Scarecrow was great in the first game so it is nice to see him return as the main baddie.

Drivable Batmobile, Next Gen/Pc only? No mention of Joker (thus far) oh my god yes yes yes

but i expect to buy it and play it and be disapointed to find out
that the joke never died in Arkham City, scarecrow used his nerve gas on you to make you think the joker was dead, so as to allow him to prepare to work in the shadows himself, and work Crane like a puppet :(

Sorcerer

Not sure how much I love that; never been a huge scarecrow fan. I can't see the other villians really headlining the game. I would just LOVE for the story to have NOTHING to do with the Joker.

Doubtful, if this really is the finale there claiming it to be, Joker will be in here somewhere.

Why Harley Quinn, and no Joker? (Even if Quinn only appears to be dlc).

Kabuto

no Joker :']

Penguin, Two-Face, and Harley Quinn again? :[

Super hyped for Rocksteady's rightful return to the franchise though. The Arkham series is probably my favorite one of last gen.

TeddyBoy

I loved the first two Arkham games, definitely picking this up on release and I'll probably buy Origins this summer to help prepare me for this game.

Driving the Batmobile will also be amazing :D

As long as scarecrow doesn't have a microchip implanting Jokers personality or some bullshit this will be awesome. Crane was one of the best parts of the first game.

Looking forward to it.

I've really really enjoyed all the Rocksteady Batman games.

Aww yiss! DLC! Fuck yes.

Just kidding, (sort of), I was 100% sure that the Batmobiles/whatever were in sooner than later (I was expecting it for City already), let's see Batboat and helicopter and skies and whatnot too. I guess this means bigger open world too.

Scarecrow is a great choice for a main villain (as it was suggested in AC) and funny to see that for once that Gamestop leak was real (the poster thing)

totally stoked! Loved the previous games (although Origins was a large misstep)

Im a little worried about the Batmobile though. Rocksteady had previously stated that they did not implement a drivable Batmobile because, if you think about it, its just driving around the city in a car, which they felt wasn't interesting enough (hopefully that was just an excuse to not have to design and build an entire Gotham for Arkham City).

But yeah, like a lot of other people have already said, expect to see the Joker return in the form of a hallucination.

grimmiq

Going to guess that Batman comes into contact with the fear toxin and you still spend half the game chasing hallucinations of The Joker, come to terms that he's dead and it's not real, then it's revealed he's somehow alive.

phanphare

Banned
after Origins I think I'll be skipping this one...shame

...is what I would say if I lacked the capability for rational thought

Cincaid

Asylum and (especially) City are among my favorite games in the last couple of years. Origins definitely soured me on the franchise, but my expectations for that one was quite low to begin with as it smelled of cash-in all along.

Extremely excited over this reveal, me and my PC is ready! I hope it's a 2014 release, and that the city is big to explore.

EDIT: Also, I just realized it's been 3 years in October since Arkham City, Rocksteady's previous game. Holy shit time flies by.

Endo Punk

I hope Catwoman is still playable in the story or open world. I actually enjoyed her gameplay more in AC, felt a lot faster and dat whip.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Hmm I am probably going to pass on this as Origin really put be off the series and I am not too fond of the open world structure that they added in City.

Plus considering how WB felt that creating DLC was more important than patching games puts me right off.

Seems like scarecrow is the main villain. This sounds great so far.

Plot twist: The scarecrow is really The Joker.

So what was the point of Arkham Origins then? They went Call of Duty on us? Two Arkham studios? I thought initially that when Rocksteady didn't make Origins that they were done making Batman games.

To squeeze more more money out of the fan base before releasing the next game in series.

Whompa

Scarecrow is Joker wearing a mask, that was actually Black Mask wearing a Joker Mask, that had Red Hood Under it, that was actually Ra's Al Ghoul, which turned out to be Clayface.

And then, you woke up and discovered that batman is the only person locked up in Arkham.

paolo11

I do hope there is no mutliplayer. I want it to be more Single player focused like Arkham City or Arkham Asylum.

Still using UE3?

This is the most important detail, what is the point of it being "next-gen" only, if it's stuck with same old engine.

Hopefully they go with more obscure characters of the universe to fight with, leaving the Joker all toothless in every game is getting boring.

I am enjoying Origins quite a bit. Think it's a solid game. Quite long too .. i'm almost 40 hours in and still not done. Haven't even done side missions.

Ya, I think it's more the fact that Arkham City was a bit boring to me, and I have this thing where if the previous game is boring/series getting stale, then I'll skip on the next game in the series. I didn't like Assassin's Creed3, so I've skipped AC4 even though I'm sure it's a lot better than AC3. I'll likely get Origins when it's a bit cheaper, my backlog is pretty good right now as is :p. It's definitely on the wish list though

Tevren

Really hoping they play to Scarecrow's strengths, and give us more mindscrews like his sequences in Asylum, or Eternal Darkness.

Glad to see it focusing on the newer machines.

I'm not really feeling yet another Batman game. I was hoping they'd do something else this time around. I'm also a little disappointed by the inclusion of the batmobile to be frank. It's all but confirmed now they're going back to the open world format, which I was not a big fan of.

It is pretty cool that they're not bothering with cross-gen stuff though.

butman

GOTY contender.

Hope Batman 3D model looks like the covert art and not too testosteroneish.
It's amazing!

Looking forward to this game. Asylum and City were fantastic. Unfortunately, I'm hesitant to try Origins because Rocksteady wasn't involved.

Im a little worried about the Batmobile though. [...]

I could see it giving city-wide fast-travel as well as a way to get to places outside of Gotham. I suspect there will be a lot of "races" to important events, as well as a few escapes.

I wonder how many "there's a bomb in the Batmobile" quicktime events there will be...

In any case, I'm confident that Rocksteady will deliver; their track record is difficult to ignore.

Hope they redesigned Scarecrow

I really liked their design...

e5sRIGS.jpg

They just need to make it a little more disturbing.

Serializing this game series cheapens it to me...like Madden or something. One new feature + same mechanics and engine = $60 (+ $30 season pass). That's an expensive Batmobile.

Sober

"The villains team up to defeat Batman once and for all." Didn't they already try this for three games?
Team ups? No, they all kind of did their own thing.

Excited for this. Hopefully focus on current gen only drastically improved the open world at the very least. Not sure about the Nolan-esque Batmobile though.

All of Gotham is great, just please no more one-long-night plot.

I'm pleasantly surprised! Letting go of the previous generation is enough to have my attention.

Thank you for removing that gif. That was in poor taste, as you must have realized.

i actually had posted the gif thinking it was only batman in the batmobile. i didnt see it had a second part until i had viewed it on NeoGaf. was a complete mistake and not done on purpose.

Kinthalis

Banned
I think it's pretty safe for them to be investing on PC and next gen only. By the time it comes out there'll be plenty fo next gen console owners, starved for really good games, and the Batman games have been doing relaly well on PC - with that platform's better profit ratio per sale.

I'll be pre-ordering on PC for sure.

It's probably a lot esier on development costs/time too, not having to worry about cramming the game into ancient tech. Developing for PC/next gen is probably a lot easier than developing for next gen AND last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom