• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight Announced (PC/PS4/XB1, 2014) - Drivable Batmobile!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chindogg

Maybe Green Arrow?

Suicide Squad tactical game with Clock King Smartglass option.

That's what Wii U should fucking have but I digress.

What alternate costumes do you people think are gonna be in the game? Arkham City and Arkham Origins both cover most of Batman suits. Maybe is time for Rainbow Batman to make his debut:

DZPgnWc.jpg

There's only one Bat costume he needs:

Zur-En-Arrh.jpg

Mugy

What alternate costumes do you people think are gonna be in the game? Arkham City and Arkham Origins both cover most of Batman suits. Maybe is time for Rainbow Batman to make his debut:

DZPgnWc.jpg

funny enough was just playing lego batman 2 again yesterday.

driving around in the batmobile was ok for a bit, but the controls sucked and it was faster to just fly around as superman.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Serializing this game series cheapens it to me...like Madden or something. One new feature + same mechanics and engine = $60 (+ $30 season pass). That's an expensive Batmobile.

Rocksteady didn't make the last game, they've been working on this one for a few years. I'd guess it's not just "one new feature." Especially with the new power from PS4/XBO.

Mocca-Bear

Neo Member
I doubt it's holiday release. I expect Q2 2015 release, with a Arkham Trilogy port for next gen systems this holiday to prepare us.

EDIT: I also expect a Bat Jetmobile in this game

Is a Holiday release really that unthinkable? If memory serves right the other Arkham games release around December and the game itself has been in development for quite some time now.

How? What was wrong with Origins?

They didn't add anything new of any real significance and they tampered with the rhythm of combat from the previous games which made it much worse IMO.

Ive come to accept Origins as still a pretty decent game and the story is actually pretty awesome but I just didn't have as much fun playing it as the other two, it didn't feel as essential.

Elginer

DZPgnWc.jpg

I have no idea why this makes me laugh so damn much LOL

Kouriozan

Too much Arkham kills Arkham.
I own the first and second from a bundle but never played those, I guess I'll have to someday.

Mdk7

Huge wasted opportunity for me, i stopped caring about the series at half Arkham City and i wished Rocksteady would focus on something new.
DISAPPOINTMENTON.

BFIB

I'm liking this being next-gen only. I also predict that we'll see a bundle with Asylum/City/Origins for next-gen.

I just hope they have the batmobile controls down. Having the batmobile playable is a lot more than stealing GTA controls. We need gadgets and encounters based around those gadgets.

BTM

So, would I be able to jump into this without playing the others? I always wanted to play them, I just never got around to it

Didn't like the open world stuff at all in City, hopefully they make it more interesting this time. Scarecrow as the main villain is cool, though.

so hype

batman, nightwing, red robin, robin, Spoiler, cain batgirl, huntress 7 player co op or i'll be disappointed

I'd like some multiplayer challenge levels at least.

Serializing this game series cheapens it to me...like Madden or something. One new feature + same mechanics and engine = $60 (+ $30 season pass). That's an expensive Batmobile.

uh, considering the only thing that we've seen from this game is the box art, I think you are jumping to conclusions my friend.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Oops, this may have killed my interest.

TitanFall is on the Source engine, the last few Splinter Cell games have been on Unreal 2. My point is the engines change so much once devs get their hands on them that the version of Unreal 3 Rocksteady is using (if they actually are, that article is 3 years old) could essentially be Unreal 4 by now.

JayEH

So glad it's for current consoles only, it also looks like it will be the end of arkham games for rocksteady as well. That's great, hopefully they can work on a new IP next.

The Witcher 3 and Evolve are also Next-Gen only.

I was referring more to established franchises since they have a lot of users on the old consoles. TW2 was released on the 360, but as a whole that series has sold around 6m units, which I believe is what a single entry of Arkham does each release.

I'm not complaining though as it's potentially a good sign that we're going to see the visual upgrade expected from current gen consoles as well as gameplay that couldn't be done on them.

SykoTech

Batmobile and Scarecrow as main villain, hell yeah.

And the possibility that it's UE4/no last gen? Oh man, don't tease me like this. Pleasebe true.

Still not a fan of annualization, but these things are sorta outweighing the bad.

Rootbeer

Banned
I like that cover art - are they toning down the beefcake character models a tad?

My main problem with the series. Batman is overbuilt like a stereotypical pro wrestler or body builder. That ain't Batman. Yeah, he's fit. Buff even. But not to that level. We're talking about a guy who's gliding around, climbing shit, jumping from rooftops, all sorts of stuff. He can't be carrying all that bulk.

The third game toned his bulk down some, but it was a prequel so I guess that's how they justified it?

Anyway, yeah I'm excited for this.

PLEASE do Ninja Turtles next, Rocksteady :)

Oh, and hoping for multiple batmobiles just like we get multiple suits for Bats.

n0tail

Banned
I am thrilled that this is for current generation only. Day one for PS4 for sure now. I want to support them for taking a great initiative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom