• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight On PC Is Not Very Good [UP: WB suspends future sales until fix]

Who is responsible for this mess of a port?

Results are only viewable after voting.
E8xFc5k.gif
cvrkT79.gif
E8xFc5k.gif

==========

E8xFc5k.gif
UPDATE
E8xFc5k.gif

WB has issued a statement with some very helpful information about system settings, which is very cool and good because none of us had tried messing with those. thank you WB

==========

E8xFc5k.gif
UPDATE 2
E8xFc5k.gif

WB is in the process of suspending future PC sales of the game and is working on an update and specifically says thanks for our patience, which in publisher speak probably means we'll be playing this around the time mad max comes out or something. No word yet on if they are fixing the bug that accidentally added tank combat and mario kart levels to the game

==========

Since the PC performance thread is overflowing with complaints that go beyond basic performance issues, it's probably best to have a thread dedicated to all of the various problems in this ghastly port.

heads up for the people that dislike it, this game uses Denuvo protection so it probably harms performance somewhat.

Capped at 30 fps by default, ini tweek needed unfortunately.

T4yY4SZ.jpg

Unplayable mess with constant stuttering on my FX-8320/R9 280 on normal settings.

The benchmark is completely inaccurate with regards to in game performance. The benchmark states I should be getting locked 60, but if you're flying around, the game stutters all over the place. I always get 30 + but man unlocked the game is a hot mess driving around arkham city

Press E to Even the Odds

'E'

Batman Arkham Knight has stopped working.

Did the game forget to install the Batmobile or something?

Anybody having issues with the textures? They're ugly as heck! I did a verify integrity check just in case and now my game is redownloading all over again...
1F216DFC2F09DE0E100DF0AC3CBB61B12A8D79A1

Credits of the game says Iron galaxy studios.

Good job, everyone.
CIMTL9fUwAA3yl7.png:large

px2Ja4u.jpg
Man, no AO now... what a clusterfuck.

I'm just going to pretend the game hasn't been released yet.

Not sure if this has been posted, not my image either:
Md7V0YZ.png

Found this on the Steam page..

Q6A8cDC.jpg

==========

what's worse is, I hear they put a tank in this one, which is stupid

Well friends it's just like Batman's uncle Ben once said: with great power comes great responsibility, and as a true group of "avengers" it's our responsibility to transform and roll out and keep track of all the various issues here so people don't buy this game until it's fixed. I'm sure there are plenty of other issues this OP doesn't cover, and hopefully there will be some updates from WB/RockSteady/Iron Galaxy to discuss soon.

==========

>>>
9ZTdJtK.gif
<<< nice PS4 rain for you to enjoy while you pray for patches, courtesy of flipswitch

==========

tumblr_m2dv8jd3QJ1qko4x4o1_500.gif

This port is a disgrace and an insult to PC gamers excited for this game. The big epic finale Rocksteady crafted and WB gives us THIS?!?!?!

Disgusting

AEREC

Glad there's another thread. This really needs to be a bigger deal. Especially since WB hasn't really commented on it aside from "Some user are having issues...we are looking into it."

Wow at those Steam reviews. I hope they get working on it quickly to fix all of the issues. So glad refunds on Steam are such a simple process now!

EDIT: It uses Denuvo too? They screwed up.

molnizzle

Capitalizing Every Word Of A Thread Title Is Also Not Very Good. It Is Not Grammatically Correct And It Hurts People's Eyes.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Going to be interesting to see the Steam refund reactions to this.
Seems like the first major broken game under the new policy.

I'm hoping there are massive returns and WB takes a huge loss. I'm assuming that the publisher has to pay Valve for the refund on their product, right?

They absolutely deserve it, and I'm ecstatic that finally these publishers who shit this stuff out will actually feel some pain for doing so.

Alienous

I hope Rocksteady understands what a stain this is on the legacy of their series.

Edit:
I forgot about Steam refunds. Hopefully people who picked up the PC version and are dissatisfied don't hesitate in taking their money back from WB. That's probably the strongest message that can be sent.

I'm just glad The Witcher 3 saved me from getting this at launch since it seems like a hot mess.

Ah well, it'll be a Steam Holiday Sale game by the looks of it.

This is the first time I can recall the PC performance thread being bigger than the OT. Especially for a game that's readily(and apparently very capable) on multiple consoles.

feel

Wow first red review average for a major game on steam? GG steam users. Now get those refunds goings, screw subpar pc ports.

Gattsu25

Banned
Thanks for making this thread. Looks like a mess of a port.

Denuvo DRM used as well? That means an automatic performance drop just because they don't fucking trust us lot.

Am I part of the problem when I still plan on buying the season pass AFTER 5+ hours of play? I mean I have noticed the frame drops and meh textures and its unacceptable but being a console player for so long I have a certain tolerance for this shit. I'm sure after a few more years of PC playing I'll completely change my attitude.

NIN90

Am I part of the problem when I still plan on buying the season pass AFTER 5+ hours of play? I mean I have noticed the frame drops and meh textures and its unacceptable but being a console player for so long I have a certain tolerance for this shit. I'm sure after a few more years of PC playing I'll completely change my attitude.

I dunno if being a PC gamer for a couple years will make you grow a spine.

Top Bottom