• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight (PC/PS4/XB1, 2014) media & Game Informer details [Up: More]

Man Batman's ear thingies are way too long and sharp for my taste. Doesn't matter much in the end, but still...could kill someone with those things.

Screenshots are impressive. Can't wait to see this in motion, I'm guessing it will be soon, atleast before E3 that we get some footage. Preferably of just the combat rooms, nothing story wise.

Goddamn, those shots looks incredible.

Loving the new Batman suit and the Batmobile looks amazing. Not sold on Penguin's apparent make-over though and Harley doesn't look too hot either, but the shot is somewhat blurry, so it's harder to make out the more finer details.

Also really loving that Batman's suit appears to be glistening from the rain.

Hard to be excited because I just know those screens are from some dual SLI PC configuration. What's the point in getting excited about the visuals at this point?

Amir0x

Banned
I just need to see this game in motion, I need to get a feel for how it will really look on next-gen consoles. I'm so ready Rocksteady. I may have not enjoyed many of the changes to the formula in Arkham City, but I know you still got it in you :D

Fuck me, this comes out ONE MONTH after Destiny? Really? No way I'm going to be ready to put Destiny down for longer than a few hours to play another game in just a month. I wish this game were coming out in December.

I need time!!!

Wolfie5

Looks great, can´t wait see it in motion. Not sure I like how Riddler looks though...

Also, why is there not a new thread yet?

Amir0x

Banned
Fuck me, this comes out ONE MONTH after Destiny? Really? No way I'm going to be ready to put Destiny down for longer than a few hours to play another game in just a month. I wish this game were coming out in December.

I need time!!!

Destiny GAF is going to have a hard time prying themselves away, but I will do it for this game. Holiday season is going to be sick for next-gen consoles.

DieH@rd

Banned

I need time!!!

How about playing it whenever you find free time? :D

Maybe some of us have a dual SLI PC?

Well in terms of audience percentage, it's as if you almost didn't exist. I understand why those with a similar config will be excited, but they don't throw out these screens to excite you particularly.

In the end you aren't even close to being the main target audience. Because of that, I think it's wrong to show it as if it will be the standard.

Man those screens looking good.

1geRf1U.gif

How about playing it whenever you find free time? :D

What free time? It will be Work - Destiny - Eat - Destiny - Sleep - Destiny - Work - etc.

I'll squeeze some time in for my wife.... somewhere.

But where oh where will I find time for Arkham? Maybe once I hit the 2-month mark of solid Destiny feasting. And maybe by then there'll be some sort of sweet Thanksgiving/BF/CyberM sale on Batman.

Destiny GAF is going to have a hard time prying themselves away, but I will do it for this game. Holiday season is going to be sick for next-gen consoles.

I'm going to try.... but it's going to be hard. It's a shame it couldn't come out right now, or in like May/June so I could soak it up before Destiny falls.

Do You CWIDT?

riflen

Well in terms of audience percentage, it's as if you almost didn't exist. I understand why those with a similar config will be excited, but they don't throw out these screens to excite you particularly.

In the end you aren't even close to being the main target audience. Because of that, I think it's wrong to show it as if it will be the standard.

Any officially released media should be accompanied with information detailing the platform which it represents, that's all.

I don't think developers should be prevented from showing their work off on the most capable platform available to consumers. What the majority of their potential customer base choose to spend their money on should not be the developers only concern. Of course, they would be wise to show media from the most popular platforms, but that may not always be possible at a given time, the development process being what it is.

For reasons unknown I did not feel compelled to play Arkham Origins (burned out?)...but after seeing this thread my AK hype is through the roof.

I'm going to need a new PC.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Everyone looked jacked in Asylum. Even Gordon. It was improved in City, but Origins had some vastly improved character models, with less of that UE3 ugliness.

I wish they'd make Batman actually look like a more imposing figure, like this.

Gonna have to disagree with you there I love the art style of the Rocksteady games, they had this real Gothic comic book look to them and didn't try to be realistic at all. That is one of the many things I didn't like about Origins suddenly all the characters began to look very bland and uninspired. I love Rocksteady's take on things including the overmuscular characters and the underpants over the suit Batman.

I didn't played Origins simply because it wasn't developed by Rocksteady.

You made a wise choice.

Sentenza

I need time!!!
I don't even expect Destiny to be particularly good, judging by the gameplay they shown so far, so I can't really say I share the concern.

Holy balls those new screens look awesome, that cape texture looks so good. I have a sneaking suspicion those shots may be from the Official Playstation Magazine, but I don't know for sure.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Hard to be excited because I just know those screens are from some dual SLI PC configuration. What's the point in getting excited about the visuals at this point?

It'll look just fine on whatever platform you have. Save the negativity for MMA-GAF please.

Ahasverus

...I don't even remember. All I remember is Crime Alley having absolutely nothing interesting.

Alfred
. That's the thing, it's so cliche to claw into the Wayne's murder it's kkind of tiring now, there are many others emotional hooks that could be exploited.

foxtrot3d

Banned
The most emotional moment of the trilogy. Origins' story direction is top notch. Miles miles and miles ahead of Rocksteady's.

Gonna disagree with all of that, Asylym is miles better and I would even argue that AC had a better story that Origins, nothing about Origins makes any sense even though the concept it tries to dangle is interesting.

Combat tweaks (note: Not enough time to go over these in detail. for example, you can throw by tilting left towards the opponent and hitting counter)

Anywhere I can find info on the combat tweaks? (IM NOT BUYING GAMEINFORMER)

Not enough time to go over what actually matters? shame people would rather sploosh over how 'pretty' the screenshots are.

Is that a voice box on penguins neck, what is that?

1394833263-pinguoin.jpg

He's been smoking for a long time.

It was in AC as well, just not as exposed. Some of these characters look different because of the events since AC. Most of them have probably been paranoid/stress out as hell since
they saw batman walk out of the theater with joker's corpse.

Is that a voice box on penguins neck, what is that?

1394833263-pinguoin.jpg

He had it in AC too.

unn9Kk9.jpg

This version of The Penguin has a voice box in his throat, Implying that he has suffered damage to his vocal chords, either by his constant smoking of cigars, or possibly at the hands of Batman. Regardless of how he got the voice box, it is clear he got it some time after the events of Batman: Arkham Origins, due to his neck being whole in that game.

Edit: Beaten severely.

Sentenza

Some of these characters look different because of the events since AC. Most of them have probably been paranoid/stress out as hell since
they saw batman walk out of the theater with joker's corpse.

And here was me thinking they looked different just because of different artists re-imagining them.

DrBo42

Gonna disagree with all of that, Asylym is miles better and I would even argue that AC had a better story that Origins, nothing about Origins makes any sense even though the concept it tries to dangle is interesting.

AC had a better story than Origins? Come on now. I think that coma really messed you up.

daftstar

Anywhere I can find info on the combat tweaks? (IM NOT BUYING GAMEINFORMER)

Not enough time to go over what actually matters? shame people would rather sploosh over how 'pretty' the screenshots are.

GI has an article on making new animations and using environmental takedowns more often: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...new-moves-the-animation-of-arkham-knight.aspx

And some more info on the Batmobile from OPM UK's article:
- You can call on the batmobile mid-glide by targeting a spot you want it to drive to
- The Batmobile pretty much affects everything you hit in some fashion, not just certain walls
- You use L2 mid-glide to use the line launcher
- The use of gadgets while gliding produces a slo-mo sequence
- The batmobile has a boost function
- The boost function refuels when you drift around corners
- Rocksteady isn't talking about whether or not you can upgrade it

Top Bottom