• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins Game Informer Details [Don't Post Scans]

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So auto easy mode when the player suck. smh x1000

Why developers this generation are very afraid of letting the players having any hard time in the game or getting any satisfaction of doing hard tasks/fights.

I don't know how you came to that conclusion.

It reads to me like you'll do a side mission that will challenge you in a specific way, then once you complete it Alfred will say "here's something to make this sort of thing easier next time, master bruce".

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I wish they'd drop the "Arkham" from the title, but since the name is marketable, they're sticking with it.

So just went to GI's site and read this:

"Heading up the vision for Arkham Origins is creative director Eric Holmes, known for being the lead designer of open world action hits The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Prototype. A self-professed lover of comics, Holmes even wrote the miniseries Transformers: Megatron Origin for IDW?

YES!

If the claw works like it does in JC2 (any part of the environment being hookable) then this could be the best in the series. I mean, you've already got his cape gliding.

I'm excited myself. Rocksteady or not.

It loosk fine, but its not incredible. Im little bummed out that this is not nextgen game, but on the other hand, my PC will be able to reproduce it in glirious 1080p 60. :D

This might be my first PC game after I build my gaming PC over the summer. Seems the perfect game to experience all that PC has to offer in terms of visuals, etc.

eznark

Banned
For some reason I had it in my head that this was going to be an Adam West art-style batman game. Man am I disappointed.

And the Prototype lead designer? Welp.

DieH@rd

Banned
This might be my first PC game after I build my gaming PC over the summer. Seems the perfect game to experience all that PC has to offer in terms of visuals, etc.

For UE3 games, you dont need highend PC. Any modern quadcore and 200-250$/€ GPU will be more than enough.

Buntabox

Batman needs to outsmart his enemies, find out why Black Mask wants him dead, and prove to what good cops that he’s on their side

Uh.... because you're Batman. This story is going places.

Seriously excited though. Loved Asylum and enjoyed City a lot (except when Catwoman spoke. Her lines were abysmal). Glad to see Gotham City proper is finally the play space despite the problems that will probably surface because of that. Wish they would just drop the Arkham name though. Branding is so silly sometimes.

UrbanRats

Sounds like more open world and like it'll have more busywork than the previous? Not that i have a big problem with that, i'm buying this motherfucker.

But this year it's really starting to get crowded.. like seriously.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I want Black Mask to look more like this:

0wMM7n0.jpg

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
anyone else hate it when games get prequels to a series and has more weapons or other certain things that should have been others just breaks the timeline, the new gears game for me had this same problem

I hope we got meaningful side quests like in AC rather than go save cop A again and again and again, go stop those thief again and again and again.

I hope for once they tell a good story. It's like game devs don't understand why these comic books heroes became big in first place, they weren't just for kids that wanted to see a show of strength.

So is the WiiU the lead?
Would be nice and make it very polished since im sure they learned a lot from AC WiiU

0049_fz11.gif

Carbonox

Black Mask looks awesome in this.

New details get me hyped. I don't doubt that we'll get a good game even with the change in developer.

Give me a trailer plz.

SJRB

Gold Member
Well the graphical style and atmosphere seem to be on par with Arkham City, which is a huge relief for me.

I feel like I'm going to be staring down the barrel of 1000 riddler puzzles. Haha.

Anyway, I hope its obvious that it takes place on Christmas Eve. Decorations and whatnot. Otherwise, what's the point?

Disappointed in the story details, but the gameplay stuff sounds cool. I'd really like Rocksteady (or whatever other studio at WB they can get, since this isn't them) to build on the Arkham framework without being tied to this specific Batman universe.

Salsa

Im skeptical because of no Rocksteady and because "Black Mask puts a hit on Batman" sounds boring and generic as shit

is Paul Dini writing?

anyway, im obviously excited, but not as much as if this was the Rocksteady game following Arkham City..

M3z_

I'm just glad that Rocksteady is not working on this. Allow them to do something new and get away from Batman. No need to bury a great studio under a game that likely won't be much different from its predecessors.

Im skeptical because of no Rocksteady and because "Black Mask puts a hit on Batman" sounds boring and generic as shit

is Paul Dini writing?

anyway, im obviously excited, but not as much as if this was the Rocksteady game following Arkham City..

let's be real here

this didn't do Asylum or City any favors really

Salsa

let's be real here

this didn't do Asylum or City any favors really

I liked it enough. I expected much worse

I mean at a certain point both games sounded way too videogamey mash-up lets get everyone together and get Batman, but they had strong settings, specially Asylum. It felt a bit different, like a cool workaround to get Batman into a more videogame-like space.

but.. in this Origins case it sounds literally like that :/ "hey black mask puts a hit on Batman and everyone's going after him" done

Salsa

jWE6pkERPwIe.PNG

at a first glance the artstyle seems darker, wich I appreciate. White-eyes and all. But at the same time other images floating around look way worse..

Salsa

also as a reminder: allegedly no Conroy

im just.. not feeling this :/ I wanna be surprised, but a lot of the ingridients are missing. I dont wanna say it feels like a cash-in on the popularity of the first games but man

hope im surprised

BFIB

Always down for more Arkhamverse.

Since Rocksteady isn't doing this one, I'd imagine their next proper sequel is going to be outstanding.

Top Bottom