• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

Yiyas

Neo Member
Are some com towers inaccessible at the beginning? I cannot figure out how to access the one in
Amusement Mile

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I haven't been very informed/excited for this but it is damn good so far. Couldn't even tell Rocksteady isn't on it, which is high praise.

Feel harder, too. Everyone is more aggressive or something.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Man I just don't know....everything just feels off to me. The combat is like a mix between City and Asylum. It's like City in that you retain your expanded arsenal and abilities but like Asylum in that you can't play as aggressively, thanks to shorter counter windows and ties on punches going to the enemy. You wind up having to wait around for the next strike instead of taking it to the bad guys. It winds up feeling stifling.

Edit: it might be worth mentioning I'm playing on Hard

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme_large.png

I don't know. I think he's pretty easy but maybe I was lucky ^^

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So this game is pretty buggy.

Spot in the GCPD for some reason gets 1 frame per second, rest of the game is 60. Can't get out of a comm tower because he won't climb up a vent.

This is disappointing. =(

Nekrono

GAF I'm still on the fence to jump in (on PC), I didn't like AA very much but I absolutely loved AC! I've not read much about Origins but it seems to have some mixed reviews, care to advise me?

kodecraft

The new look they gave Bats is great. No more speedo!

The whole batsuit looks more realistic. I always liked the Earth One suit in Arkham City. In this, I like the padding around the thigh area and cranium-like cowl. It almost looks like a helmet. This overall suit to me is what a realistic Batman would wear.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Holy shit already finished? You started today, right? How long did it take you to finish the story?

Yeah, i finished TLoU too in one session.
I started last night but played only for 2 hours or so... puh good question, credits are still rolling. I'd say about 12 hours or so... I haven't done a single side mission. Will do that now or maybe tomorrow.

Great game really enjoyed it, the start is a bit slow and boring but later on it get's really good. Really liked the story and Troy Baker as the Joker killed it!

If Hamill doesn't come back replace him with this guy, seriously oustanding performance.

GAF I'm still on the fence to jump in (on PC), I didn't like AA very much but I absolutely loved AC! I've not read much about Origins but it seems to have some mixed reviews, care to advise me?

Don't listen to reviews. It's pretty much AC with a better story and great cutscenes.

Yeah, i finished TLoU too in one session.
I started last night but played only for 2 hours or so... puh good question, credits are still rolling. I'd say about 12 hours or so... I havn't done a single side mission. Will do that now or maybe tonorrow.

Great game really enjoyed it, the start is a bit slow and boring but later on it get's really good. Really liked the story and Troy Baker as the Joker killed it!

If Hamill will not come back replace him with this guy, seriously oustanding performance.

Yeah, I wouldn't say boring though. It's just...slow. ^^

Carbonox

Holy crap, Troy Baker is so good as The Joker.

Yes

The Deathstroke fight was awesome. Shit, this entire game is awesome.

Proper naughty innit.

YES

Oh my gaaaaaaaaaaawd, the music is brilliant.

YESSSSSSS

God damn, I want to rub all this snow in my face

I was pricking about in the snow for ages. Looks so good. :lol

I'm enjoying this. Framerate issues are a nuisance but the plot is very interesting.

The
Joker reveal
was actually very well-played. Totally didn't expect it. Not quite on the level of the
Clayface reveal in AC but it was great nonetheless
. Had a fuck off grin on my face during the scene.

Someone said the Wii U version might've been ported by a company called Hammerhead, but google doesn't show anything (there seemingly was a Hammerhead but the site is dead).

However, the back cover shows a unique logo, but it's so tiny I can't make out shit. (even in person)

Am i crazy? Just going by some of the posts and it seems like the WiiU has the least borked version.

Holy shit man, dat Deathstroke fight. I have no idea why this has scored so low on some sites.
sounds like they are punishing it for being more of the same let's see if they hold call of duty to that kind of Criteria here later in the month

they wont

tim1138

I've been playing for the past few hours on Wii U, looks great and runs great. I'm up to the Deathstroke fight and I haven't noticed any performance issues at all. This game is fantastic, as of now I'd rate the three AA>AO>AC.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Holy shit man, dat Deathstroke fight. I have no idea why this has scored so low on some sites.

Yup I really liked that. I have to say. I've played a good bit tonight and I have to say WB Montreal did a good job. I was skeptical as all hell. I was sure it was going to be total shit but they actually did a good job. Sure the game isn't perfect. But for a first effort it was a very good effort. So I'll gladly eat my crow. I'm going to get my money's worth.

I've been playing for the past few hours on Wii U, looks great and runs great. I'm up to the Deathstroke fight and I haven't noticed any performance issues at all. This game is fantastic, as of now I'd rate the three AA>AO>AC.

I have a couple questions, if you don't mind.

1. How is off-tv play?
2. I read something about Achievements posting directly to Miiverse when you get them? Could you expand on that?

Gbraga

Played a bit and I'm loving it, what a fantastic intro! So badass. Never felt so much like Batman before in the series lol

Is my mind playing tricks on me or Troy Baker is also voicing Black Mask? It really sounds like him.

BTW:
Don't install patch 1.01 (it's nearly unplayable after the patch)

Just popped in to find out why the game is running so atrociously on PS3, and a few posts above I see it is down to 1.01. Any idea why and what you miss from not having the patch installed?

Loving the game so far but some of it has been like a slide show the performance is that bad!

How in the hot holy fuck do I beat deadshot without him offing the hostage? Three fucking times I have snuck up behind him and tried to cape attack him like its had me do the entire rest of the fight and he just shoots the hostage every single time.

I am NOT replaying through this fucking slog of a boss encounter again without figuring out how to do this. Fuck.

Just popped in to find out why the game is running so atrociously on PS3, and a few posts above I see it is down to 1.01. Any idea why and what you miss from not having the patch installed?

Loving the game so far but some of it has been like a slide show the performance is that bad!

Yeah, just uninstall it. They are working on a second patch. I don't know anythng about the patch notes though ^^

How in the hot holy fuck do I beat deadshot without him offing the hostage? Three fucking times I have snuck up behind him and tried to cape attack him like its had me do the entire rest of the fight and he just shoots the hostage every single time.

I am NOT replaying through this fucking slog of a boss encounter again without figuring out how to do this. Fuck.

All I have to say is: It took me 2 hours

yeah :D

Gbraga

And the cutscenes are really great. It's a shame they don't have the IQ from the gameplay (PC version) but they're awesome as hell, the opening cutscene was pure hype, and the assassins presentation was so good.

Can't wait to see more people voiced by Troy Baker in this game.

Top Bottom