• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Return to Arkham delayed / no new release date

• Thread starter Deleted member 471617
  • Start date

Davide

Hopefully they're taking the time to reverse the downgrade.

97L7hVw.png

Remastered on the left

Didn't the screenshots for this look worse than the original games? They better delay it to give it some polish, though with it being WB I don't know if it will.

Tagyhag

Good, give it to someone else, that collection is just a slap to the face to potential buyers.

"What are you gonna do? Get a PC? You'll buy this because you have no other choice"

Fucking hate it when remasters are shitted out for a quick buck like that.

Dominator

Hopefully they are fixing how awful it looked compared to the originals. Still blows my mind how that happened. I get they switched engines but I mean... how.

Delay is for the best. I wonder how long it will be though. Bet it slips into early 2017.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Just cancel it at this point....shit, gonna have to rebuy my Batman games for 360

You'd really think WB would treat this franchise with a bit more care than they have been over the past couple years. Having to delay a remaster with no new ETA is kind of crazy to me and makes me think this project has problems at the fundamental level.

Hopefully they can get things figured out, because I'd love to buy a great remastered package of these games.

Calm Mind

DrTre81 did a video on it a while back. The quality or lack thereof was apparent early on that this was not ready at all. I'm expecting it to slip to a 2Q 2017 release at best.

Excellent. Take 12 months, make it a clear upgrade over the PC version in terms of assets, and package in Origins.

PC release with updated assets would also be appreciated.

good, the remaster screens looked like crap. not surprised since it wasnt at E3.
It needed a lot of work.

I also hope they include Origins now but doubt they will.

KingBroly

Banned
Excellent. Take 12 months, make it a clear upgrade over the PC version in terms of assets, and package in Origins.

PC release with updated assets would also be appreciated.

Eh...I'd say it's likely to be cancelled or they're delaying it so they can shout 'FOUR KAY GRAPHX' from the rooftops.

JTripper

There's no way they're adding Origins. This is probably due to it looking like shit and they realized they need to clean it up.

It's so weird that a remaster is getting delayed. Looking like shit should have alerted them before they announced anything, so best scenario would be if they just decide to add Origins in some way to sell more copies but it's highly unlikely.

Davide

What's weirder than me than not including Origins, is if the rumoured GOTY Arkham Knight is coming separately.

ElRenoRaven

Good. Hopefully they're taking the time to actually fix the game and turn it into a true remaster instead of a downgrade.

Bluth54

How the hell does something like this even happen?...
Porting the game to a Unreal Engine 4 probably had a lot to do with it.
It probably would of been way easier to port the UE3 PC version with all settings maxed out to consoles.

Top Bottom