• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman v Superman Ultimate Cut |OT| - Men are still good (out now)

bill0527

I shit all over the theatrical cut when I first saw it last Spring.

I watched the UC just a little while ago, and I don't know why, but it feels like a different movie. It was better. I wouldn't say..completely different movie better, but it felt fleshed out.

My wife was asking me if she should see the UC. She hated the TC. She's not a big comic book or comic movie fan anyway. I told her..probably not. The movie is a marathon and I think she wouldn't enjoy it unless she was a hardcore fan of these characters and the genre.

Love Batfleck and I'm expecting good things from him and his take on Batman. I still think though..after 2 movies, I don't think they've nailed Superman. Cavil is fine (receding hairline is starting to worry me), but we've got to evolve past this joyless brooding version of Superman. We've had 5 hours of screen time now with this version and I think if they want these movies to do over 1 billion at the B.O., they've got to make Superman a little more fun and appealing.

Finally got around to seeing this

I'll take the TC any day.

I dont care about Superman being framed.
I dont care about Lois investigating groceries, or lead wheelchairs, or bullets.
I dont care about the Bat brand of justice causing shankings when the Bat man kills people.
I dont care about cut Perry White jokes that were cut for good reason.
I dont care about cgi blood splats.

The only scene I'd reinsert is the longer opening with Jimmy and Lois up until the warlord's speech. Nothing else.

IconGrist

I dont care about Superman being framed.
I dont care about Lois investigating groceries, or lead wheelchairs, or bullets.
I dont care about the Bat brand of justice causing shankings when the Bat man kills people.
I dont care about cut Perry White jokes that were cut for good reason.
I dont care about cgi blood splats.

The only scene I'd reinsert is the longer opening with Jimmy and Lois up until the warlord's speech. Nothing else.

And that makes, what, 4 people that are pro-TC?

Ahasverus

image.php

Tizoc

Lex was intercepting those and sending them back to Bruce with the writing on them to push him towards fighting Superman, somehow Lex knows Bruce is Batman.

That thing is as said in a post above Steppenwolf, he's going to be the villain in JL. Steppenwolf is Darksides uncle and leads his military.

I know who Steppenwolf is, just didn't recognize him looking like that.

Top Bottom