• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Chasers: Nightwar (ex-Vigil, Joe Mad, PC/Max, PS4/XB1 stretch) Kickstarter

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1548028600/battle-chasers-nightwar?ref=thanks_tweet

Mix of JRPG and loot RPG by ex-Vigil staff. Also a side story to the Battle Chasers comic book universe.

Polygon Preview: http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/1/9211217/battle-chasers-nightwar-joe-madureira

2e0eb59b0e4f62ac0426322rm8.jpg

qVfIA7k.jpg

rdINWAd.jpg

WfKskSj.jpg

WfKskSj.jpg

wDDDuRG.jpg

Skilletor

Thank you.

Always afraid to start threads here. :p

Backed at 90. Thinking of raising it because I want a t-shirt.

JOE MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Com_Raven

Not to sound too fanboy-ish, but judging by those screens, this is one of the visually most beautiful games I have seen in years :)

Also a big Vigil and Joe mad fan, so already backed!

Begaria

I told myself that Shenmue 3 would be my last kickstarter for at least a year as I sit here waiting for more of my funded projects to get released. I told myself, 'It's just not worth it with the Canadian dollar in the shitter, you're getting fucked on the currency exchange rate!" I told myself, "Maybe I'm just overdoing kickstarter a bit."

I JUST told myself that I'm a god damn moron and immediately threw my wallet at the screen as soon as I saw the kickstarter.

Backed at $20, but might upgrade pledge later depending on stretch goals.

Occam

Ctrl+f physical
No results.

Would consider backing if there was a physical release, preferably on PS4.

Corpekata

Banned
Backed it when it launched in the way early AM, was a slow trickle so I was concerned. Guess it was just needing people to wake up since it's made a ton since then.

Really torn about this, it looks awesome but it's really hard to not associate Battle Chasers with "will release some time in the next decade".

Skidd

Not sure I'll like the turn based combat, but goddamn I'll put money on this for the art alone. I want that (digital) art book.

Gothos

In with 20$. It instantly jumped to my most anticipated game of the next year but I guess 2017 is more realistic. Anyway, can't wait, it looks absolutely amazing. That art, my god!

Labadal

I'm probably going to end up backing, but I will hold off for a few days. The seem to be doing fine anyway.

Tucah

you speak so well
Got in on the $20 tier. I've waited so long for ANYTHING new Battle Chasers, more comics and a game that looks as fantastic as this is a dream come true.

KiraXD

doing the Name in a Landmark Tier.... wanna put my daughters name in there. (also want that sketch!)

ill definitely add more if they make physical edition available.

tL8KAVT.jpg

the only thing I'm not too pumped about so far is random generated dungeon, which I guess is because they're a small team and probably can't create assets big enough for a lot of unique looking dungeons etc. also the walking animation seems to slow in the dungeon, especially since it looks like there'll be action element during dungeon like evading traps and enemies. they need to make sure it control well in that portion too.

I also wonder how the story will be told. will there be towns that you can walk around and talk to NPC? they talk about revisiting dungeons in higher difficulties, I just hope that's not padding or filler to compensate for smaller dungeon quantity.

man, I hope this turns out good.

just realize there's no stretch goal, I hope that mean they already have clear goal of what kind of games they want to make and clear schedule to the finished product.

In for the $20 early version.

just realize there's no stretch goal, I hope that mean they already have clear goal of what kind of games they want to make and clear schedule to the finished product.

I imagine they might reveal some if/when it gets funded. Maybe not though.

Takuan

I never read Battle Chasers, but this game looks like fan's dream come true. I really hope he does right by them this time around; seems like he flipped them the bird by leaving the original series unfinished to pursue a career in gaming.

mnannola

Graphics are on point and the game design seems solid. Not crazy enough about it to back it but I hope everyone else does so I can enjoy it when it's released!

Goliath

Ctrl+f physical
No results.

Would consider backing if there was a physical release, preferably on PS4.

Not just a physical release but physical copies of his comics. I would pay good money for a proper collection of the battle chasers comics. They are priced ridiculous on amazon unless I want them in Spanish or German.

wicko

One of the few kickstarters I've actually backed, looking forward to this. I really like that the game has some actual mechanics outside of battle.

In for the $90 tier. I love Battle Chasers since issue #1, so gonna put my money where my mouth is and support big. It also includes issues #10-12, so that is worth the whole amount for me to continue the comics.

Edit: Wow, after viewing the video, the game looks really good and pretty ahead in development. It has loot system and randomly generated dungeons. It even has a Dark Souls "die and lose you items" mechanic of sorts from what I understood.

Edit 2: Already planning what three character parties I would put together. My mind says that Gully and Calibretto have to be together no matter what, so that probably leaves Red for the remaining spot (assuming you can only carry three members at once).

Top Bottom