• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Chasers Nightwar |OT| Party Like its 1998!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did the first tier fo the arena, fun stuff. Monika seems super fun, really like how her skills and perks interact with each other.

daedalius

Backed this like, immediately when I could. Started playing last night and I love it so far.

Always loved the comics, and have been a huge Darksiders fan for ages.

Begaria

Took out the Slime in the sewers. Only had one person get knocked out, popped a revive potion, and went to town on the Slime. He didn't seem nearly as bad as I heard. Actually, the game seems easy enough so far, but maybe that's because I've been doing Heroic and Legendary runs on every dungeon, and got some good gear/enchants.

Beat that executioner guy. Calibretto is total bro as he basically died 10 times for the team so Knolan could wreck face. I also did my first legendary dungeon, went through Dig again. It was pretty easy outside of two random high level mobs.

My team atm is Calibretto, Alumon, and Knolan. Pretty happy with the setup. Not the easiest of groups, but I like the extra challenge plus I think those are the coolest looking characters in the game.

Maybe I'll read the comics now.

Lanrutcon

First legendary weapon quest complete:

5ayvi2S.png

Notes for upcoming patch:

Patch Notes:

The Blacksmith found a bunch of gold in his old apron: Cost to upgrade the Blacksmith has been reduced to 500g for the first upgrade and 2000g for the final upgrade.
Vendors became a little less greedy and you can sell items to vendors for slightly more.
Fishing comparison display is fixed. We figured actually seeing accurate numbers was a good idea.
Perks should always unlock at level 6. If they didn't unlock for you, you should see them unlocked with this patch now.
Getting into combat while interacting with the Surveyor should no longer make you unable to interact with anything when returning from combat
The name/description for the items required for Gully's Ultimate weapon were flipped (Dragon Scales and Dragon Heart Phylactery)
Smoothed XP curve for mid to late game to require less replay of dungeons to level up
increased gold acquired from creatures, chests, boxes/crates. Also, fixed a bug where minor loot objects (crates, barrels, jars etc) were giving too little gold outside of the first dungeon and Strongmont.
Various typo fixes
Enchanting Shrine will be guaranteed to spawn in Path of Fangs and Deadwatch.
Fix for a bug some people were encountering in which some of the Hunt bosses (sludge mound and king slime) never spawned and players became stuck
The room containing The Shade of Belevros in the Iron Outpost should spawn a loooooot more now.
Fixed a bug in which Alumon would actually NOT join the party. We found him and forced him back in your party if he wasn't unlocked for you.
Lycelot Alpha Trackers realized they should sometimes whiff their Claw Barrage attack and players will be able to evade its strikes now like any other attack. Also damage of it reduced slightly.
fixed missing name/description for starting weapons for Knolan and Red Monika in New Game Plus.
Fixed an error in 2 of Alumon's perks (Dark Mending II and Sanguine Embrace II) adding 2x the healing they should have (sneaky Alumon)
Increased the base level of enemies in NG+

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I assume the blacksmith upgrade gold won't be retroactive ;_;

Skulldead

Same here. I had to stop playing until this patch is out.

I'm done to, second corrupt savefiles. if i didn't bought the physical copy of the game, the refund would have come way sooner. This is totally unplayable....

edit : Saw a admin from there website writing this :

''We highly recommend backing up saves on a USB to be extra safe. Here's instructions on how to do so.''

I mean patch the game ! you know the problem for like 5 days and you seem to have 0 clue about what causing the bug ! Sorry but as a programmer a problem with that big of a impact, and no patch yet ? this is totally amateurish to ask to make a freaking backup on a USB device. First move, remove auto-save and add manual save. Your autosave buffer is probably broken or non existant.

cevion

I need to start using those food and flask buffs tbh, I still havent and I probbaly have a bunch now. Can you stack food and flask buffs?

Tested it - they stack!

Just got the final companion and he seems really strong. Minor spoilers on his abilities:
He can heal, buff / cleanse and do good DPS? Might try swapping Bretto for him.

Burt

Tested it - they stack!

Just got the final companion and he seems really strong. Minor spoilers on his abilities:
He can heal, buff / cleanse and do good DPS? Might try swapping Bretto for him.
He's good stuff. It's like a Calibration with damage.

Jolkien

No fixes for the numerous PS4 crash ? Should have went PC -_- got my first corrupted save file. I'll shelve the game until it's fixed.

cevion

He's good stuff. It's like a Calibration with damage.

Yeah definitely! Also a heal that adds a shield with overheal? Damage reduction for several turns after casting a spell (normal attack? Crazy damage in exchange for 7% of his HP with that one skill that hits like a truck? Shit yeah! He's got a bit of everything. Only thing he's missing is Sunder, but maybe I just haven't leveled him enough.

I was thinking that maybe we could help each other out on how to get all companion's level three breaks.
You get everyone's lvl 3 breaks from
the Beastmaster, by selecting "Train"
except for
Knolan's

Lots of speculation at the moment, I will edit this post when I gather more info. Incomplete list below:

Gully:
Just level up, think I got it at level 15 (which was as soon as the "Train" option was unlocked.)
Bretto:
Beat some Golem boss down in the Moors? Haven't done it myself yet
Garrison:
Beat the lvl 17 part of the Arena. (thanks to Rhaknar!)
Red Monica:
Beat a bunch of Lycelots. (I got it retroactively after beating ton of them before I even got Monica)
Knolan
Talk to the Enchantress. She will give you piece of Lore ("Time Warp"). (1/3) This "book" mentions something about one more entry in Deadwatch (2/3), and the last (3/3) one in Strongmont in the Moors. I assume after you have all the entries you will be directed to the right place. Haven't been to either place yet, so haven't got it yet.
Final party member you get:
(Alumon)
:
Beat Caldeus in the region near Deadwatch. (Loot Caldeus skull in Deadwatch and place it on the altar to initiate the fight). Thanks to Rhaknar again!)

Would love more details on Bretto and Knolan.

shmoglish

As soon as you completed it in heroic. Legendary difficulty is a joke. At least for the first three dungeon so far.
My first run was in heroic and the Mimic chest killed me. Rest of the dungeon was easy, just like the second dungeon in heroic. So it really sounds like I can give it a go. Thank you.

Game is really great so far. Bought it yesterday evening and put 6 hours in it already. But I also had 2 crashes and a pink screen during a cutscene (dont inow what happened).

Did they mention when the new patch is going live? I have the bug where
Alumon doesn't join you... unless he joins elsewhere?
I've just entered the Moors, if the helps with context.

Exentryk

Found the well for that level 15 hunt. He really likes to make you run around. The fight was quite easy with my level 17 characters which are all geared up. Garrison really face-rolls with his level 2 burst and Berserk.

cevion

Did they mention when the new patch is going live? I have the bug where
Alumon doesn't join you... unless he joins elsewhere?
I've just entered the Moors, if the helps with context.

He should join you the second time you meet him, on the worldmap. Sounds like the bug :(

xD I am regretting taking on that first dungeon on the
harder difficulty
. (Or at least taking it on without buying more consumables.) Hanging on by skin of my teeth.

Rhaknar

not so sure about Red Waifu anymore. Shes doing the job, but so far, shes not doing anything Garrison wouldnt do, except Garrison for me was doing it better.

Having another cleanse is nice (especially for that Slime for example), but Ambush is expensive AND slow, and requires a bunch of setup to do with stealth. The rest of her kit isnt amazing (aoe fire bomb is ok), the lvl 2 burst does a lot of dmg tho.

Lanrutcon

not so sure about Red Waifu anymore. Shes doing the job, but so far, shes not doing anything Garrison wouldnt do, except Garrison for me was doing it better.

Having another cleanse is nice (especially for that Slime for example), but Ambush is expensive AND slow, and requires a bunch of setup to do with stealth. The rest of her kit isnt amazing (aoe fire bomb is ok), the lvl 2 burst does a lot of dmg tho.

Did a 70k Warblade with my level 29 Garrison just now.

Non-crit.

No, I have no idea how the math behind it works.

He's made a new fan with this game.

Non-crit.

Yeah, this is why I dropped Garrison. Even early on he seemed very strong. I'm struggling pretty hard in some fights with Calibretto/Knolan/Alumon, but I enjoy the challenge.

Although I made an awful mistake of giving Knolan that blood mage robe that drops his HP by like 500. Nope. He kept getting one shot.

Rhaknar

Dungeon 4 (The Dig) down on heroic, still havent found the supposed huge difficulty spike (I havent done dungeons on normal, only heroic and the first 2 on legendary) /shrug

Kinda disapointed that the
tile set for The Dig was mostly the same as the one for dungeon 2 (I forget the name), it needed more of that glowy blue floor stuff
. Oh well.

Think ill go do dungeon 3 legendary now with Garrison before moving on, to get him back up more or less with the team. Knolan at lvl 11 is a lost cause, ill never get back to him lol.

Non-crit.

someone was repping her for her bad before, who was it? Something about starting each battle in stealth (which I cannot do so I guess its later-than-15 perk) and then doing a ambush with crit perks to quickly taking out a enemy, but that means using mana because you wouldnt have overcharge at the start and im not a big fan of using mana, I try to avoid it as much as possible (thats just me being super safe I guess).

Lanrutcon

Dungeon 4 (The Dig) down on heroic, still havent found the supposed huge difficulty spike (I havent done dungeons on normal, only heroic and the first 2 on legendary) /shrug

Kinda disapointed that the
tile set for The Dig was mostly the same as the one for dungeon 3 (I forget the name), it needed more of that glowy blue floor stuff
. Oh well.

Think ill go do dungeon 3 legendary now with Garrison before moving on, to get him back up more or less with the team. Knolan at lvl 11 is a lost cause, ill never get back to him lol.

someone was repping her for her bad before, who was it? Something about starting each battle in stealth (which I cannot do so I guess its later-than-15 perk) and then doing a ambush with crit perks to quickly taking out a enemy, but that means using mana because you wouldnt have overcharge at the start and im not a big fan of using mana, I try to avoid it as much as possible (thats just me being super safe I guess).

Oh, it's some pistols. There's an optional boss that rewards some super pistols that give her a shitload of AP for her opening attack. It makes her godlike for a small window in the game. I think it's like, 1.5k AP.

Exentryk

Dungeon 5 (
Deadwatch
) complete (on Heroic). Fairly easy this one. I liked the vibe in this dungeon though. Really neat! Also, Cleansing Rain is a pretty awesome ability!

Work week starts tomorrow, so won't get much playtime until the weekend. Really enjoying the game so far!

Rhaknar

lol at Garrison Burst 2 ability + Berserk ;_;

Killed the Junktown bos on legendary in 2 turns. Granted the party overlvls it even in Legendary (16 Gully, 15 Bretto and 14 Grrison) but still :3

Lanrutcon

Endboss had 26k hp.

It was adorable. I'm sure if Garrison hadn't killed it in 1 round it would have done some awesome stuff.

Rhaknar

Tip so peeps dont walk around in endless loops like idiots like me.

The
voice in the well
in the
gate to the deadlands
wants the following:

100 gold
500 gold
paupers stew (from the inn)
junkers stew (from the cantina near junker town)
scummy grog (also from the cantina)
1000 gold

and thats where im at, I dont have the 1k gold right now cause I just did some upgrades at the town and bought his stupid food >_<

Lanrutcon

Pff. That sound like Yu Yevon from FFX--a boss you can defeat in one hit.

To be fair, my team is max level with legendary weapons, the best enchants and my Garrison specifically is geared to maul things.

Hardest fights in the game were normal encounters. Like, a Death Knight, a Frost Elemental and a Bone Guardian in one encounter was pretty rough.

stn

Got my copy yesterday. I bought this game only because I really enjoyed the comics, and read the whole series for the first time this year. I'm not usually a turn-based guy but I'm really enjoying the game. Here's hoping they finish the comics story.

Rhaknar

Dig legendary down, pretty easy even tho it said "average" on the difficulty. Got my Gully and Bretto to 17 and Garrison to 16 out of it so that seems like a good way to continue on.

Is the game super prone to licing up and crashes, or have I just been unlucky?

Trying to load the cutscene before the boss of the first dungeon, the first 3 times resulted in a pink screen. Fourth finally loaded.

Twice while exiting a cavern, full on game crash.

I like the game, but this is testing my patience.

if you are on PS4, then yes.

Vhalyar

Is the game super prone to locking up and crashes, or have I just been unlucky?

Trying to load the cutscene before the boss of the first dungeon, the first 3 times resulted in a pink screen. Fourth finally loaded.

if you are on PS4, then yes.

Fuck.

Lanrutcon

Is the game super prone to licing up and crashes, or have I just been unlucky?

PS4? some folks have reported crashes.

I'm on PC (GOG version) and I only got one crash because an enemy walked into me the moment an object I clicked on was opening a dialogue. It's a known bug.

KiraXD

Dude one of monikas perks is she starts all fights stealthed, then just stock mana potions and spam ambush... Its SOOOO MUCH DAMAGE!

Top Bottom