• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

mileS

Yea. Facebook says they did it for the fans. Obviously for what happened at Blackout and now this event.

It will be interesting to see where they go from here. I can see them being extra careful with this shit in the future. The border is rough... I went to the US for the summer and had a hold up over nothing. Damn near got treated like a terrorist. Had to spend the night at the fucking Toronto airport with no phone. Got my ticket fixed for the next day, barely made it through that day. They do not fuck around. That's going to the US from Canada. I've heard its even more intense the other way around.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Rum Nitty vs. Tycoon Tax. Rum Nitty caught a body. Tycoon Tax is super corny, maybe had 2 punchlines that landed for me in every round. Every GTA V bar/scheme I've heard thus far (not just from Tycoon) has been corny too, rappers need to stop that.

Yea. Facebook says they did it for the fans. Obviously for what happened at Blackout and now this event.

It will be interesting to see where they go from here. I can see them being extra careful with this shit in the future. The border is rough... I went to the US for the summer and had a hold up over nothing. Damn near got treated like a terrorist. Had to spend the night at the fucking Toronto airport with no phone. Got my ticket fixed for the next day, barely made it through that day. They do not fuck around. That's going to the US from Canada. I've heard its even more intense the other way around.
It's good that they have the WC available to them now, but their 2 marquee events are still in Toronto, which is difficult when most of the best/diverse talent is in the US. URL sort of faces a similar but inverse problem ATM. Like KotD is starting to do now with the addition of BotB, they run 3 big events and 2 of them are local and 1 somewhere else. But URL has pretty much lost all of the biggest venues in NYC and needs to start looking elsewhere to keep the talent. Rumour has it NOME4 might be in DC.

Esch

Banned
Rum Nitty vs. Tycoon Tax. Rum Nitty caught a body. Tycoon Tax is super corny, maybe had 2 punchlines that landed for me in every round. Every GTA V bar/scheme I've heard thus far (not just from Tycoon) has been corny too, rappers need to stop that..

straight bodybag. this dude Tax is turrible.

1361589542722.gif

I didn't think tycoon was that bad

IMO, it was the daylyt vs rich dolarz match mirror

Rich and tax came with some pretty good stuff but still clearly got 3-0 by dudes who were on their A++ game. No body bag tho

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TrapHouseNY: French Montana vs. Altair Jimz vs. Ty Law

Ty Law is definitely the most creative writer in the game right now. This dude's references are unbelievable, every line has so much punch and you never see it coming. Jimz kind of sucks (his first round was pretty good though), but mainly because every super dope flow he does he ends it with probably the lamest punchlines you'll ever hear.

I mean come on, in this battle alone:

Boy meets world n***a, we're living by the principle (principal)
Them bullets steroids, getting shot at Jimz (gyms)
In a Sister Act, none (nun) is in a class with me
Drive by, car Katie Holmes mode, under Cruise control
Any car you have, is swiss (Swizz) cheese in the back like the battle Free lost to Cass
Assaulting (A Sultan's) his pops, like Aladdin's bitch
We're at your crib, no swords, coming over to/the fence
That shot public defender, fuck your hearing up
My St. Louis n***as talking like this match is a fake chinchilla; derrty, this ain't furr (fair) << lmao

stop it five
Ty Law is unreal

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
^ I don't see it anywhere? Anyways, I won't even be able to watch SCR aside from the special announcement.

Also,

1911711_10152235524692350_85015667_n.jpg

Drama wanting a slice of The CultureTM.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Double post but QP vs. QP (battle for the name between SONS and Qleen Paper) is out!

TBH this is probably QP (SONS)' best performance and he still looks as unconvincing as before.

I love Black Ice Cartel's effects they put on battles. The shells dropping, the reloads, the shots, whew.

Also, Bandana Boogie vs. Prez Mafia.

mileS

Had no idea that was a thing. Watching now.

It's funny. I actually hated QP (grindtime) when I first started watching battle rap. Within the last year I started to enjoy his shit. His battle with Remy D was hilarious. Nobody is like that dude, like it or hate it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
KOTD: Charlie Clips vs. Conceited also dropped! I thought they'd save this for last, odd they put it out right after Diz/Stay.

This is a pretty good bounce back from the Holla battle for Con, though the crowd cheered for all his meh lines and not his hard ones like the Netflix one. Clips 2-1 or 3-0 (Con's first was better IMO but that Captain Morgan rebuttal, godDAMN)
Also dafuq @ Rone getting more cheers than Smack

Had no idea that was a thing. Watching now.

It's funny. I actually hated QP (grindtime) when I first started watching battle rap. Within the last year I started to enjoy his shit. His battle with Remy D was hilarious. Nobody is like that dude, like it or hate it.
I think what ruins it for me is that all of the SONS dudes sound like alike. If they do indeed all write for each other, I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

Qp vs Qp is goal riots

I think Qp won but I won't be mad if someone said Qp won. Debateble either way

Also, I think it is literally impossible to not like Danny Meyers. Dude is the truth

Lastly, I got a lot of random free time at work, so I'm gonna be posting random stupid lines that come to my head. Don't tell me to stop cuz I'm just gonna think of more dumb ones

"I swear, I better never catch you speaking to the narcs
Or Ima kill off half your family like the Lannisters did the Starks"

Get at me

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Trying to think of the video where a hype man on one side side is going crazy and yelling, "Get that ninja, ____!" Was that a Lux battle?

Also, rewatched that Clips x Con battle. You can see those hits landing on Con's face.

Barhz.
T-Rex vs. Aye Verb. K-Shine in the background yelling GET THAT N***A REEEEX! I don't think there is a performance with more energy than Rex' in this battle. Smack having to restrain Rex from going first and all. Him flipping the Mook wanted 25k line line from a previous battle (I forget which) into "Mook wanted 25k to kill a n***a that's ill... for that $10k Diddy got, I'll kill this n***a FOR REAL" still gives me chills, it was too perfect.

Hey I wrote a battle bar too in my spare time:

I'm Terry Porter every quarter. Shooting something deep.
You see this shirt? Gun click' Young Chris, it's under Neef.

iqGmkCXtDtuvm.gif

sike I lied ninja,
that's another cold bar from Ty ninja

T-Rex vs. Aye Verb. K-Shine in the background yelling GET THAT N***A REEEEX! I don't think there is a performance with more energy than Rex' in this battle. Smack having to restrain Rex from going first and all. Him flipping the Mook wanted 25k line line from a previous battle (I forget which) into "Mook wanted 25k to kill a n***a that's ill... for that $10k Diddy got, I'll kill this n***a FOR REAL" still gives me chills, it was too perfect.

That's the one. Thanks, man. Such a great battle. Rex goes in.

And the "Sike I lied" tag kills me every time, especially when Clips uses it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Spit Dat Heat: Brixx Belvedere vs. Danny Myers. Both these dudes went in, I don't really like Brixx but some of his lines, whew.

not even gonna type em out by Danny's nameflips are all CRAZY

He also just sonned M Ciddy who has been begging for a battle:

UnbiasReview-RapBattleDebates.png

EDIT: Beaten, derp. This shit is insane though.

mileS

I know a lot of people hate/dislike Brixx, and I can honestly see why. I think hes dope. Some of the best grindtime battles were from him and others in the Atlanta division. The crowds there are the best.

Gonna check this out later, should be a good one.

Brixx vs. Pass is one of my favorite battles actually. Brixx bothers people but I feel like he's more consistent than Con is at least.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Brixx has the most swag of all of the swagless battle rappers, if that makes sense. I think he's a much better writer than he is performer TBH. He just looks goofy when he gets aggressive, I have him in a bin of unconvincing rappers.

Brixx vs. Pass is one of my favorite battles actually. Brixx bothers people but I feel like he's more consistent than Con is at least.
Con surprisingly has a bad record for what he's done for the game. Similar story for Diz.

EDIT: UFF Season 2 starts airing March 28. I think they began taping today.

mileS

Watching that Brixx battle. I don't know. I'm pretty sure I like his older Grindtime shit more. I rather straight bars. He seems to go off in these random directions making no sense sometimes. Still a good battle. Love the ones that come out of nowhere.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
EBL: K-Shine vs. Cortez grudge match. headphone warninDONDEMARCODEMARCO

2-1 Cortez, 2nd to Shine. Shine had his moments, Cortez was relentless though. Tez is really turning up this past year or so, I can see Smack giving him love on the biggest stages now that he isn't fucking with the lazy top tiers as much.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
KOTD's Vengeance 2: Redemption Card in LA:

Aye Verb vs. Shotty Horroh
Big T vs. Bender
Real Deal vs. Ill Will
Rum Nitty vs. B Magic
+ 4 other battles

We're getting a better idea of what the NOME 4 card is looking like too:

Aye Verb vs. Goodz
John John Da Don vs. Reed Dollarz
Ill Will vs. someone for Queens (DNA probably since he's on the card, could be Hollow too)
+ 2-3 more battles

Apparently
Sno__________
won UFF Season 2, with the finals being
Sno vs. KG The Poet rematch
, and he'll battle Ill Will for the crown.

Also, apparently Daylyt whipped his dick out vs. 40 BARRS lmfao

Also plug tonight?

iFeOs28T6wFBB.gif

http://plug.dj/battle-gaf/

KOTD's Vengeance 2: Redemption Card in LA:

Aye Verb vs. Shotty Horroh
Big T vs. Bender
Real Deal vs. Ill Will
Rum Nitty vs. B Magic
+ 4 other battles

We're getting a better idea of what the NOME 4 card is looking like too:

Aye Verb vs. Goodz
John John Da Don vs. Reed Dollarz
Ill Will vs. someone for Queens (DNA probably since he's on the card, could be Hollow too)
+ 2-3 more battles

Apparently
Sno__________
won UFF Season 2, with the finals being
Sno vs. KG The Poet rematch
, and he'll battle Ill Will for the crown.

Also, apparently Daylyt whipped his dick out vs. 40 BARRS lmfao

Also plug tonight?

iFeOs28T6wFBB.gif

Coming in 10

Polo67

So too months after the battle does the majority still think hollow won the battle? That boy Lux cooked that man . I watched it maybe 10 times already

Esch

Banned
So too months after the battle does the majority still think hollow won the battle? That boy Lux cooked that man . I watched it maybe 10 times already
Yup, still Hollow 2-1.

Goodz is gonna swag on Verb, but itll be close. 2-1

JJ da don is gonna stunt on Reed Dollaz. 2-1

Ill Will vs DNA is a bodybag and you all know it. 3-0 will.

B-Magic over Rum Nitty 2-1 or 3-0... enzo put it perfectly when he said that basically Rums round highlights are the type of shit Magic spits on the reg. Nitty is good but hes not seeing Magic lyrically, and he doesnt have an edge in swag or crowd control or any personal type shit

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
KOTD: The Saurus vs. Charron. Can't wait to watch this later.

Yes. 3-0 Hollow. I've watched it over and over too and even Hollow's weakest round (2nd) I think he takes by crushing Lux' entire angle, style, hypocrisy. If anyone gives Lux a round IMO it'd have to be the first because it contained the least of the lean stuff which didn't really hit, integrated the most of the Black Panther stuff.

@HollowDaDonLOM Mar 7
I just got word that Eminem thinks I destroyed Lux....that's Em, Jay-Z, n Drake...3 of the greatest....fuck these other broke rappers

Hollow also said on AngryFanRadio the other day Budden is down for the battle but there's argument over what platform the battle should release on, and they may have pushed it to September. He says if they don't nail down a date to do it by Wednesday, he's gonna put it aside for battles in the near future, which might be something for NOME4 in May or Pat Stay at V2R.

Esch

Banned
When did Hov and Drake say Hollow won? That wouldn't surprise me though, he's much more their pace than Lux is.

Polo67

Yup, still Hollow 2-1.

Goodz is gonna swag on Verb, but itll be close. 2-1

JJ da don is gonna stunt on Reed Dollaz. 2-1

Ill Will vs DNA is a bodybag and you all know it. 3-0 will.

B-Magic over Rum Nitty 2-1 or 3-0... enzo put it perfectly when he said that basically Rums round highlights are the type of shit Magic spits on the reg. Nitty is good but hes not seeing Magic lyrically, and he doesnt have an edge in swag or crowd control or any personal type shit

Reed from back in the day? Lol you can honestly think Jon Jon would
Crush hmm lol

As far as the lux battle I guess it's all about preference. I like them grown man bars in rounds one and 3.

Esch

Banned
Reed from back in the day? Lol you can honestly think Jon Jon would
Crush hmm lol

As far as the lux battle I guess it's all about preference. I like them grown man bars in rounds one and 3.

Reed Dollaz is crap now bruh. JJ is going to beat him in a terrible battle. Or hell, maybe Reed will come back and beat JJ in a terrible battle. Either way we all lose. URL putting together trash matchups.

2-1 Hollow. Lux bars being grown man bars just didn't work against Hollow and Hollow material worked to paint Lux as being hypocritical, which further weakened his grown man angle.

I got my money on Soul Khan

He's returning to battle someone?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Spit That Heat: Lottazay vs. Brizz Rawsteen. This was a good battle, the hunger is real. 2-1 Brizz, maybe 3-0 Brizz, but Lottazay had some memorable lines as usual.

The fuck is URL doing? They're sitting on 2-3 PG events worth of battles... yet they haven't put shit out in a month.

EDIT: 3 More Battles added to KOTD's #V2R:
Shotgun Suge vs. Tycoon Tax. (Worst battle of the year contender?)
KG The Poet vs. Danny Myers (I guess they didn't end up meeting up in UFF? This is gonna be dope)
Bigg K vs. The Saurus (Battling The Saurus after Illmac lol)

EDIT2: Battle Rap Arena: Xcel vs. Amazing D Boy. XCEL DID IT AGAIN FAM. Amazing D Boy had great lines & pop culture references too. This battle is better than the Lot one above.

Pearlito's Way

Neo Member
Spit That Heat: Lottazay vs. Brizz Rawsteen. This was a good battle, the hunger is real. 2-1 Brizz, maybe 3-0 Brizz, but Lottazay had some memorable lines as usual.

The fuck is URL doing? They're sitting on 2-3 PG events worth of battles... yet they haven't put shit out in a month.

EDIT: 3 More Battles added to KOTD's #V2R:
Shotgun Suge vs. Tycoon Tax. (Worst battle of the year contender?)
KG The Poet vs. Danny Myers (I guess they didn't end up meeting up in UFF? This is gonna be dope)
Bigg K vs. The Saurus (Battling The Saurus after Illmac lol)

EDIT2: Battle Rap Arena: Xcel vs. Amazing D Boy. XCEL DID IT AGAIN FAM. Amazing D Boy had great lines & pop culture references too. This battle is better than the Lot one above.

That battle between Xcel and D boy was tough. I'm gonna give it X though. I'm about bars. D's last verse was murder though. Too animated for me though. Funny, because Xcel has no presentation skills. He has to work on that.

Watches some battles

Young kannon vs Chilla jones was mad entertaining. Both went off but I think I'm edging it to young kannon

100 bulletz first round against jc is fucking fire. That Vince carter/ Jurassic line had me out my seat ( I burnt one my Vince jersey)

Swave sevah is hilarious vs shotgun suge. I was cracking up his whole second verse

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Battle Rap Arena talks KotD/Organik suing battle rappers not able to make it to Blackout 4. Most of these are rescheduled, but if he is still suing them, I don't really agree. Leagues will have to eat the L and be smarter next time; just like what happened at Armageddon.

Black Ice Cartel: RemyD vs. Lotta Zay. Black Ice editing >>>>

2-1 RemyD. Lot was sloppy in the third and it looks like RemyD choked hard in the first. Gave the 2nd to Remy.

That battle between Xcel and D boy was tough. I'm gonna give it X though. I'm about bars. D's last verse was murder though. Too animated for me though. Funny, because Xcel has no presentation skills. He has to work on that.
Agree, though I think Xcel works for small venues. Maybe I just watch too much URL but subdued, nonchalant delivery has it's place, and so do small venues battles. K Shine who is like, the fucking master of acting unimpressed to the opponent's bars in favour of hyping up your own man was going crazy at Xcel when he was mincing Daylyt.

I think Danny Myers and Ty Law, two of my favourite up and comers are going to have trouble transitioning to the big stage; and Danny Myers has aggression too.

Also there seems to be a lot of controversy surrounding No Shame, a transgendered battle rapper that is up and coming. Apparently QueenzFlip (the dude who does Quiet Room) and Chris Unbiased Review are at ends over whether No Shame should get in the ring. On one hand, I think it'd be discriminatory to deny him/her a PG (Norbes said he'd give a shot though), but on the other I guess it might be damaging to the culture when a transgendered person gets verbally abused, ESPECIALLY if it's reported without context or he/she doesn't have witty rebuttals/material acknowledging it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Documentary about the re-emergence of Battle Rap. Centres a lot around how GrindTime started and brought multiple parts together. Still watching, but its really good thus far. Poison Pen dropping heavy knowledge going as far back of the 90s.

My dude Danny just needs to cut out the buddy buddy shit ASAP
I think he's stopped, he seems to get it and hasn't done it in his last battle or so.

Smack needs to stop playing around and drop the NOME4 trailer, some PGs, Cortez vs. JJDD or something. They're sitting on way too much footage, and in the next two months they're going to have UFF and 3 events. Come the fuck on.

Esch

Banned
I think he's stopped, he seems to get it and hasn't done it in his last battle or so.

I also noticed that his crowd control isnt very good. He basically just says wild shit and acts crazy and then feeds off crowd energy if they feel it. But if they don't he just kinda derps around, fixes his hat and tries again. I can see him crumbling at a big event.

Top Bottom