• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

Lux vs Hollow = Lux 2-1
Lux took that 3rd round. That shit hit so hard. I'm good either way anyone calls it because Hollow was great. Hope they do it again, but I doubt Hollow will be able to handle Lux in a rematch.

He definitely wouldn't be able to, if Hollow went first I don't think it would have went down the way it did.

Throwing everything your opponent has to say against you really is a one time thing. While on the flip, you can kinda almost always bring up past shit.

Ask Calicoe.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Do you guys think Lux will even battle again?

Or there is any match up left people would be willing to pay $100/ticket and $40k+ to Lux for?

I think now would be a good time for him to just stop after the debatable/loss to Hollow. I don't know how he can muster up excitement again for something like that without coming down to realistic levels, which he is adamantly against.

Esch

Banned

Or there is any match up left people would be willing to pay $100/ticket and $40k+ to Lux for?

I think now would be a good time for him to just stop after the debatable/loss to Hollow. I don't know how he can muster up excitement again for something like that without coming down to realistic levels, which he is adamantly against.

He can take a cut in price and do a sequel. A solid portion of people think Hollow lost, tbh. He can battle tons of other dudes and run their shit. He still has legions of dickriders.

Its not like he's gonna cake more spending his time on shit besides battle rap really.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
He can take a cut in price and do a sequel. A solid portion of people think Hollow lost, tbh. He can battle tons of other dudes and run their shit. He still has legions of dickriders.

Its not like he's gonna cake more spending his time on shit besides battle rap really.
I think that would suck. Not a fan of rematches at all, inevitably ends up hurting the original too.

I just think at this point he would be better off just focusing on the music thing completely rather than coming with that same approach to every battle henceforward. Take that fanbase with you and make a decent living like Dumbfoundead, etc. do.

EDIT: And I meant realistic levels of pay, he wasn't even willing to negotiate over $20k with URL. He wouldn't take anything under $40k with a % of PPV on top.

He'll eventually cave in on his asking price. He won't be able to command $40k again anytime soon IMO. He'll eventually have to eat because really $40k is nice and all but yea.

Esch

Banned
Enzo you should add Serius Jones vs. Jin to the OP. Not only is it one of the biggest bodybags of all time, it demonstrates perfectly the rift between the written and freestyle eras.

Not all of GrindTime was the nerd era. It's well known what GrindTime has done for the game and the talent they have developed across pretty much all of America when Smack left; the nerd era was when the different parts of the organization started splintering and falling apart, and when you started seeing those nerd styles pretty much bubble to the top, trying to get everyone and their technical support to rap, and that's what gave GrindTime that reputation and what contributed to their fall from grace. Most of these same nerd rappers from the late GT days are trying their luck in KotD now. 2012 was when that transition was sort of made and Drect called it in IMO.

Two things destroyed GT in the later stages. People not getting paid (from Cameramen/Editors to rappers) and the fact that all the best names had already battled each other or retired. What you're calling the nerd era was GT trying to give new dudes a chance to build themselves up. But most of these new dudes had no work ethic and a lot of them didn't really come up in hip hop. Dudes like Illmac, Thesaurus, Ness Lee, Soul Khan, etc.. had been grinding for years on the music side AND battled. Those newer dudes tried to copy a battle blueprint but hadn't put in the time to be polished and effective. It hurt their brand but I feel like it's healthier for the scene to allow dudes to try to get on. Every now and then there's a diamond in the rough like Rone or Fresco. I mean both those dudes still need work but there's clearly talent there.

Unrelated: Hollow took that battle 2-1. I don't put as much emphasis on rebuttles as some do but Hollow targeting Lux hypocrisy was too deadly.

Pearlito's Way

Neo Member
He'll eventually cave in on his asking price. He won't be able to command $40k again anytime soon IMO. He'll eventually have to eat because really $40k is nice and all but yea.

Why wouldn't he be able to command that much? He's still a big draw, and it's not like he got blown out the water or dismantled in any capacity. I still feel he was the winner. There's things that Hollow said that validates Lux even more.
Just cause you don't understand him doesn't mean that he nice.. If whats being said is going over your head, yeah. That takes talent, not a skill that a lot of many professional rappers (those with REAL label deals) can do.
I truly believe people confuse Lux set up bars, with that of fillers.
Then he brings Cal's pops on the stage and he throwing sign. Again, proving what he said "He's just another lost nizzle"
Then he said to not focus on the negative. Which was never the case. Lux simply pointed out the flaws in the route he took as man trying to provide for his family, and nothing more.

People give Hollow props for the first verse about Lux diva demands, but that to me was a moot point. The problem I have with this is that Mook summed this up in SM2 where he addressed smack as to his money demands. Why should Lux who's clearly a vet and a big draw settle for less money? That doesn't make any sense, pay me what I'm worth to this sport. Especially, since he is without no doubt and no debate one of the pioneers And on top of that, he helped Hollow get his biggest draw. Even after this match, Hollow wouldn't be able to command that amount of money. I'm not knocking Hollow by any stretch. Especially, the circus reference with the "clowns and fire rounds". But even then, it's bullshit because it isn't Lux's fault the crowd reacts to his bars to the point he has to stop, and that's the basic premises to what Hollow's alluding to. Other than the whole "it's going to be a funeral" at sm2, when has Lux ever use props because I can't recall?

And for those who gave Hollow round two because he tried to break down Lux rhymes, it didn't work because of one big glaring issue, there was no double entendre, and that's what lux excels at. Lux using a word to make it sound intricate is not his stick. Take for instance the bit with the plot and the script where he's talking about his mother. That was by far the best bars of the battle and went way over many people heads. He murdered it!! It had nothing to do with a word being intricate, but rather the "scene" (Pun intended) he painted. Then followed up talking about Queens and their rappers, and ended it with the epmd reference. Come on. I really don't see how people gave the nod to Hollow. Damn good battle though. I'll guarantee you this, next year when people discuss this the battle it's not going to be as close as many have it today.

mileS

Lets see if we can keep this thread slightly active this time around.

Just finished watching all of Blackout 4.. Pretty disappointing overall. Clips vs. Conceited was alright. Clips had his usual sike i'm not choking, oh wait, I am because someone in the crowd or on the stage said something shit. but man, his freestyles were on point. When hes in the zone I don't think anyone can mess with him these days.

On another note. I just watched JC vs Chilla Jones for the first time... this shit is classic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWlqxqODLk8 Can't believe I missed out on this one.

gun bars are corny in general.

There's a video on youtube where Nocando's freestyle destroys two dudes that came with written gun bars.
"you know why i don't kick it with you sort of bitches?/cuz you like to kick it when it's 4th and inches"

That was the same night he killed Dizaster. That Dizaster vs Nocan battle is actually what got me back into battle rap in 07/08 after I stopped watching the Smack DVD era in 04/05.

Tekniqs

That was the same night he killed Dizaster. That Dizaster vs Nocan battle is actually what got me back into battle rap in 07/08 after I stopped watching the Smack DVD era in 04/05.

Dizaster is a clown in my view. Haven't watched him in a long while so my opinion is probably outdated, but his whole style is wack. "AYO AYO AYO AYO"

Cuz you a animated bitch, like Mrs. Krabappel

I'd say it was the Justice/Thesaurus battle that got me back into battles.

Esch

Banned
Lets see if we can keep this thread slightly active this time around.

Just finished watching all of Blackout 4.. Pretty disappointing overall. Clips vs. Conceited was alright. Clips had his usual sike i'm not choking, oh wait, I am because someone in the crowd or on the stage said something shit. but man, his freestyles were on point. When hes in the zone I don't think anyone can mess with him these days.

On another note. I just watched JC vs Chilla Jones for the first time... this shit is classic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWlqxqODLk8 Can't believe I missed out on this one.
I really hate when he does that bullshit.

I feel bad for Organik. BO4 by all means should have been dope. Look at all the crazy shit that went down with all the rappers involved.

Edit; fuck yeah. It also helps that I love Chilla and JC.

That 4th and Inches line from Nocando was actually against Daylyt. That was more of a straight freestyle though since the scene in LA still placed freestyling above writing.

Nocando vs Daylyt in LA a few years ago. Crowd video though so it's missing parts and hard to hear at points.

Here's one of the other battles that night where he flips gun bars. Nocando vs AV

Nocan was easily one of the rawest dudes off the top. But speaking on Gun Bars, I always appreciated when dudes whose style wasn't suited for Gun Bars took the realistic angle to them rather than mimicking them in an attempt to show how easy it is to use them. Like these lines from Round 3 of Dirt vs Deastro Dollar.

Esch

Banned
I rewatched Cal vs. Tsu Surf last night and I can't get over Tsu's boy in Cal's first saying "YA SHIT ASS, PUSSY! FUCK YOU TALMBOUT"

Interview with Calicoe and his dad

ib1oXmU6ztuh7P.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Two things destroyed GT in the later stages. People not getting paid (from Cameramen/Editors to rappers) and the fact that all the best names had already battled each other or retired. What you're calling the nerd era was GT trying to give new dudes a chance to build themselves up. But most of these new dudes had no work ethic and a lot of them didn't really come up in hip hop. Dudes like Illmac, Thesaurus, Ness Lee, Soul Khan, etc.. had been grinding for years on the music side AND battled. Those newer dudes tried to copy a battle blueprint but hadn't put in the time to be polished and effective. It hurt their brand but I feel like it's healthier for the scene to allow dudes to try to get on. Every now and then there's a diamond in the rough like Rone or Fresco. I mean both those dudes still need work but there's clearly talent there.
I'm just going off of what Drect and Poison Pen said in some Vlad interviews recently, those do seem to fit in with the same sort of managerial issues too. I guess I just like a content filter, and that's why I gravitate to the PG system. As much as I'm into this shit, I don't like wading through battlers/battles that just don't have an x factor, whether I like them specifically or not.

Why wouldn't he be able to command that much? He's still a big draw, and it's not like he got blown out the water or dismantled in any capacity. I still feel he was the winner. There's things that Hollow said that validates Lux even more.
Just cause you don't understand him doesn't mean that he nice.. If whats being said is going over your head, yeah. That takes talent, not a skill that a lot of many professional rappers (those with REAL label deals) can do.
I truly believe people confuse Lux set up bars, with that of fillers.
Then he brings Cal's pops on the stage and he throwing sign. Again, proving what he said "He's just another lost nizzle"
Then he said to not focus on the negative. Which was never the case. Lux simply pointed out the flaws in the route he took as man trying to provide for his family, and nothing more.

People give Hollow props for the first verse about Lux diva demands, but that to me was a moot point. The problem I have with this is that Mook summed this up in SM2 where he addressed smack as to his money demands. Why should Lux who's clearly a vet and a big draw settle for less money? That doesn't make any sense, pay me what I'm worth to this sport. Especially, since he is without no doubt and no debate one of the pioneers And on top of that, he helped Hollow get his biggest draw. Even after this match, Hollow wouldn't be able to command that amount of money. I'm not knocking Hollow by any stretch. Especially, the circus reference with the "clowns and fire rounds". But even then, it's bullshit because it isn't Lux's fault the crowd reacts to his bars to the point he has to stop, and that's the basic premises to what Hollow's alluding to. Other than the whole "it's going to be a funeral" at sm2, when has Lux ever use props because I can't recall?

And for those who gave Hollow round two because he tried to break down Lux rhymes, it didn't work because of one big glaring issue, there was no double entendre, and that's what lux excels at. Lux using a word to make it sound intricate is not his stick. Take for instance the bit with the plot and the script where he's talking about his mother. That was by far the best bars of the battle and went way over many people heads. He murdered it!! It had nothing to do with a word being intricate, but rather the "scene" (Pun intended) he painted. Then followed up talking about Queens and their rappers, and ended it with the epmd reference. Come on. I really don't see how people gave the nod to Hollow. Damn good battle though. I'll guarantee you this, next year when people discuss this the battle it's not going to be as close as many have it today.
Lux is still a draw, just not a 40k+ draw again because he now his "undisputed" top spot to the masses is debatable, and one that took years to hype up and happen. You really think Lux vs. Shotty Horroh is going to pull that again?

The Lux/Mook thing you describe is sort of a farce and always has been. The argument both of them made is made to be completely ignorant of sustainability. Beasley broke it down in one of his blogs too, they don't care about the culture when making these demands. Yes they're demands. It gets summed up to "I feel I'm worth this arbitrary number to the culture, and fuck you to the people who gave me a platform to get to this spot, because now I want to exploit you now as well." It's a semi-rationalized robbery under the guise that it helps everyone like it'll trickle down, without actually addressing the issues that make things how they are. Hollow will never demand that type of money because he understands, even as a fellow battler, that that money is not sustainable. Where are they going to get 100k for one match up every few months from McDonalds and fans? They can't do a Lux vs. Hollow-esque match of that magnitude.

I already sort of addressed the not being able to understand his bars stuff in the other thread, but why are you assuming people are taking Lux' punch lines in isolation of their set ups, and then doing the same to Hollow RE: Calicoe's father? The reason why that was impactful was because Hollow was attacking Lux' pride; waiting on this $40k and not being able to provide for his son while Calicoe's pops was able to "by any means necessary" (not necessarily explicitly like that, but it looks much worse for Lux because he came with that angle). Pointing out the flaws in another man's approach, like Hollow said, who are you to criticize when he got the job done?

As for not giving Hollow the 2nd round for not having the same style, approach or using double entendres as Lux.. I don't even know what to say about that. That's bias. The point Hollow made in the 2nd verse was that Lux DID use bars that didn't make sense vs. Calicoe and people ran with it, referencing the Vicodin bars. This is a a pretty petty point in isolation but in conjunction with his other character attacks (false prophet of the culture, being a hypocrite to some degree), it builds. Definitely Hollow's weakest round.

Esch

Banned
The Lux/Mook thing you describe is sort of a farce and always has been. The argument both of them made is made to be completely ignorant of sustainability. Beasley broke it down in one of his blogs too, they don't care about the culture when making these demands. Yes they're demands. It gets summed up to "I feel I'm worth this arbitrary number to the culture, and fuck you to the people who gave me a platform to get to this spot, because now I want to exploit you now as well." It's a semi-rationalized robbery under the guise that it helps everyone like it'll trickle down, without actually addressing the issues that make things how they are. Hollow will never demand that type of money because he understands, even as a fellow battler, that that money is not sustainable. Where are they going to get 100k for one match up every few months from McDonalds and fans? They can't do a Lux vs. Hollow-esque match of that magnitude.

slow-clap-gif.gif

Pearlito's Way

Neo Member
I'm just going off of what Drect and Poison Pen said in some Vlad interviews recently, those do seem to fit in with the same sort of managerial issues too. I guess I just like a content filter, and that's why I gravitate to the PG system. As much as I'm into this shit, I don't like wading through battlers/battles that just don't have an x factor, whether I like them specifically or not.

Lux is still a draw, just not a 40k+ draw again because he now his "undisputed" top spot to the masses is debatable, and one that took years to hype up and happen. You really think Lux vs. Shotty Horroh is going to pull that again?

I already sort of addressed the not being able to understand his bars stuff in the other thread, but why are you assuming people are taking Lux' punch lines in isolation of their set ups, and then doing the same to Hollow RE: Calicoe's father? The reason why that was impactful was because Hollow was attacking Lux' pride; waiting on this $40k and not being able to provide for his son while Calicoe's pops was able to "by any means necessary" (not necessarily explicitly like that, but it looks much worse for Lux because he came with that angle). Pointing out the flaws in another man's approach, like Hollow said, who are you to criticize when he got the job done?

As for not giving Hollow the 2nd round for not having the same style, approach or using double entendres as Lux.. I don't even know what to say about that. That's bias. The point Hollow made in the 2nd verse was that Lux DID use bars that didn't make sense vs. Calicoe and people ran with it, referencing the Vicodin bars. This is a a pretty petty point in isolation but in conjunction with his other character attacks (false prophet of the culture, being a hypocrite to some degree), it builds. Definitely Hollow's weakest round.

I'll have to disagree with you about him not being a 40k draw, but then again, you felt that he wasn't a 40k draw before this battle, so it's clearly a moot point. The bottom line is that despite the results of the battle he's still going to be one of the biggest draws and rightfully so. If he were to go against Serius Jones, I expect both of them to pull minimum 40k easy. Why, because it's definitely something the fans would love to see. I guess what it boils down to is who's lux opponent is that will determine what he commands or demands so to speak.

It's obvious we're going to have different opinions on the subject of "acting diva-ish". I truly believe the true pioneers earned that right. They help build, establish, something when there wasn't a blueprint, why shouldn't they now reap the benefits now?. They put in the leg work and cared enough about the culture to continue to do it, when the culture wasn't profitable. Now that it is, it's a problem for them to get due right and be properly compensated. I don't get it. He even addressed this in his last verse "You make the fans see me as greedy as if I broke some treaty because I don’t let them treat me like a don" Trust and believe the money is there, let's not act as if it isn't.

The issue I have is that while Hollow may have think he attacked Lux's "judgment and hypocrisy" he actually is making his case and proving his point. For example, you just use the fact that Lux turned down what ever offers were made until he got his demands for 40k. Ok, now while his demands weren't being met what did he do in the meantime? Did he go out and "do what he had to do" and risk his and the future of little boy playing in these streets to accomplish such a thing or did he hit the ave on 125 and Jamaica saying "2 for 10 for my beloved"? and that's the point Lux was making. He (Cal's pops)could have made it happen many didn't ways, why risk it? And that's what Lux was trying to teach Cal with the line "Is your money being long worth your life being shorter?'" How can Hollow say who are you to criticize when he got the job done, but how can that be when Cal's pops was sent away and Cal had to burden that responsibility.

You're misunderstanding my point about Hollow's 2nd round. I critiquing the fact that his imitation rhyme was missing the biggest part of Lux's style, the double entendre. You can't mimic Lux without it. I'm not saying that he didn't have some potent character attacks against Lux, but I do truly feel that a lot of it was overblown. Especially, the Vicodin line. Comparing the strength in his ink to a drug that's not in liquid form and that's exposing him, somebody's reaching. There are such things as filler bars that you don't have to take so literally.

Battle Rap is not profitable, at least not in any meaningful amounts. It's definitely not 40k+ a battle profitable. Not by a long shot. The vast majority of the fans aren't willing to pay what it would cost for that. And don't act like the money is there when it isn't. All the talk about this rapper or that rapper making a ton of cash or even dudes like Smack making a ton of cash is bravado and bullshit. The whole reason why Smack's events are spaced so far apart and his release schedule is slow is to maximize his profit potential on the YT monetization precisely because these events are incredibly expensive up front and it takes forever to recoup. And that was BEFORE Lux and Mook started making ridiculous demands.

Lux is not a pioneer of battle rap and he didn't set up the blueprint for anything on the business side. The early Smack battle dvd's were popular but dudes like Lux and Mook were just in the right place at the right time. If it wasn't them, it would've been someone else. Smack giving them a platform is what gave them the ability to be noticed in the first place. But even Smack doing the dvd's wasn't essential to making battle rap big. Even before he did his dvd's there was already online communities dedicated to battles and recordings of various battles all over the US being uploaded online.

As for Hollow's lines about Calicoe's dad doing what must be done.. the whole scheme was base don Hollow's claims that Lux isn't supporting his kid. Whether that's true or not, who knows.. but it's right there in his bars. The angle was about Lux talking all this mess about Calicoe's pops being "lost" when dude doesn't financially support his own kid and Calicoe's pops was turned down for legal jobs so he resort to illegal work to put food on his kids table. I'm not going to transcribe it but it all of that was right there in the bars.

trixx

Hollow's lines about Lux not understanding Cal's father was on point and i liked how he pointed out the hypocrisy of Lux going as far as saying Calicoe's dad is a better father in that he always supports his son no matter what. Whether all this is true idk but thats what i got from the lines. It is only one side of the story.

However, when he brought out big man and hes throwing up gang signs etc.. i mean come on. This guy is probably around 45, well who am i to judge i guess.

Anyways the battle was great. Off first listen, I'd score it 2-1 to Hollow. He got first, Lux got second and i felt like he edged out third. Definitely not a 3-0 by any man, they both did great.

Subscribed to this thread good stuff.

I still think it's 2-1 for Lux as well.

I was watching the battle again (instead of you know, working) and man, those lean lines were cold. I had to stop and reply it again. I can't believe I missed a few of those punch lines.

I'm diggin' all of these points that various people are brining up. It's nice to see some life in this thread!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
BOTB6: Ness Lee vs. RemyD. Will watch later, but should be a goodie.

I'll have to disagree with you about him not being a 40k draw, but then again, you felt that he wasn't a 40k draw before this battle, so it's clearly a moot point. The bottom line is that despite the results of the battle he's still going to be one of the biggest draws and rightfully so. If he were to go against Serius Jones, I expect both of them to pull minimum 40k easy. Why, because it's definitely something the fans would love to see. I guess what it boils down to is who's lux opponent is that will determine what he commands or demands so to speak.

It's obvious we're going to have different opinions on the subject of "acting diva-ish". I truly believe the true pioneers earned that right. They help build, establish, something when there wasn't a blueprint, why shouldn't they now reap the benefits now?. They put in the leg work and cared enough about the culture to continue to do it, when the culture wasn't profitable. Now that it is, it's a problem for them to get due right and be properly compensated. I don't get it. He even addressed this in his last verse "You make the fans see me as greedy as if I broke some treaty because I don’t let them treat me like a don" Trust and believe the money is there, let's not act as if it isn't.

The issue I have is that while Hollow may have think he attacked Lux's "judgment and hypocrisy" he actually is making his case and proving his point. For example, you just use the fact that Lux turned down what ever offers were made until he got his demands for 40k. Ok, now while his demands weren't being met what did he do in the meantime? Did he go out and "do what he had to do" and risk his and the future of little boy playing in these streets to accomplish such a thing or did he hit the ave on 125 and Jamaica saying "2 for 10 for my beloved"? and that's the point Lux was making. He (Cal's pops)could have made it happen many didn't ways, why risk it? And that's what Lux was trying to teach Cal with the line "Is your money being long worth your life being shorter?'" How can Hollow say who are you to criticize when he got the job done, but how can that be when Cal's pops was sent away and Cal had to burden that responsibility.

You're misunderstanding my point about Hollow's 2nd round. I critiquing the fact that his imitation rhyme was missing the biggest part of Lux's style, the double entendre. You can't mimic Lux without it. I'm not saying that he didn't have some potent character attacks against Lux, but I do truly feel that a lot of it was overblown. Especially, the Vicodin line. Comparing the strength in his ink to a drug that's not in liquid form and that's exposing him, somebody's reaching. There are such things as filler bars that you don't have to take so literally.
I'm going to have to say the money is entirely not there. What evidence do we have that it is? That Smack is on BET? And even still gets rights to put shit on YT which probably takes a chunk out of their pay at the end of the day? And when the rappers didn't get paid for UFF either? The only reason something like SM2 could have happened was because someone put up the money. Charlie Clips wouldn't name who it was that they brought to the table to make it happen, but my feeling is it was Diddy. And Ciroc did not sponsor anything after SM2. Clips also said URL made him take B Magic at NOME3 with a drastic pay cut as a favour, and they'd pay him more when his next battle came around because they just didn't have the money/sponsorship coming off of Armaggeddon and losing Webster Hall as a venue. Beasley said they'd pay Lux $40k if someone fronted the cash. No one did. Star talked some shit like he would; but he never did.

Fans need to stop counting other people's money, straight up. Organik said that they barely make any profit off of an event, and even still just because you make a profit doesn't mean your suddenly able to raise people's pay margins permanently, because there's little going back and you need money for a rainy day if something like URL's Armaggeddon happens. It's not stable or sustainable, neither is SM2/HS scale events that seem to take a year and a half to build up to again. SM2 just spoiled everyone, I think. Like Beasley said, just because you think you should be paid $40k or you're worth $40k, doesn't mean it's financially viable for the organization to make that return. That's what Hollow was saying. If you haven't already, I highly suggest you check out this interview with Beasley which covers the economics of battle rap a bit. And here's another with DNA and Clips who you can imagine are on the higher end as far as earnings for active battle rappers go. Beasley said in that interview too that they offered to put themselves into the negative to get Lux' battle to happen and he still declined because he wanted more. That is greed.

The Beasley interview is really informative and a must watch for everyone IMO.

RE: Calicoe's pops, I sort of better understand where you're coming from now now that you've worded it as such. And the imitation wasn't supposed to be literal exactly, he was just using example bars to try and mimic the reaction more than his style exactly; it was all still very much done in Hollow's jumpy style.

Remember Aye Verb's guardian angel line? Verb is top 5 for sure.
Verb keeps shitting on his legacy. I really want to say he's one of my favourites but he's had some really, really poor showings. Seems like when he leaves the Lou nowadays it's never anything good.

EDIT: He did do decent vs. Dizaster though.

dead
where's my Ill Will vs. B Magic reaction video

How do you think won between Hollow vs Pass? Thats still one of my favorite battles of all time.
Debatable. I'm a Hollow stan so I'll say Hollow but Pass had some pretty consistent rounds, wouldn't be mad if someone said Pass won outright.

Ness Lee vs RemyD battle has issues. Audio issues and more. Which is unfortunate because both these dudes rhyme pretty damn technical and very intricate.

HiResDes

Pat Stay vs. Dizaster is much more debatable than people are making it out to be, no way did Diz get 3-0'd people are dickriders.

mileS

Pat Stay vs. Dizaster is much more debatable than people are making it out to be, no way did Diz get 3-0'd people are dickriders.

I'm a huge fan of Pat Stay. Also helps he grew up in my home town. That being said, while I think theres no question he won, it def wasn't 3-0. So yea I'd agree.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damnit, I wanted to give this shit a break and wait for them to all come out sequentially on YT but you guys make me want to check that battle out now. Was Diz better than his last few performances? I heard he wrote more than he ever has before for a battle which makes me want to check it out more.

#ThrowbackWednesday: Kid Twist vs. Dumbfounded. Kid Twist is one of my favourite nerd rappers TBH.

Damnit, I wanted to give this shit a break and wait for them to all come out sequentially on YT but you guys make me want to check that battle out now. Was Diz better than his last few performances? I heard he wrote more than he ever has before for a battle which makes me want to check it out more.

#ThrowbackWednesday: Kid Twist vs. Dumbfounded. Kid Twist is one of my favourite nerd rappers TBH.

Yeah Tsu's cousin posts on a few of the same forums I post on lol. I dont know if it's a meme or if its the same cousin.

Kid Twist is one of my favorite rappers, let alone nerd rapper. His rebuttal game is vicious. That sham-wow one against Fresco is one of the greatest.

Top Bottom