• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

Holy shit holy shit

Kotd just announced daylyt vs some random at their Vancouver event in March

Buying tickets right now. I'd be a fool to miss this

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
QP (Qleen Paper) vs. John John Da Don, just released from the URL vault. Qleen could be so good if he wasn't so fucking lazy. IIRC this battle was the start of his decline. Checking his rhymes throughout every round SMDH.

Holy shit holy shit

Kotd just announced daylyt vs some random at their Vancouver event in March

Buying tickets right now. I'd be a fool to miss this
I thought you were from TO lol

Though I haven't seen a battle from him, the dude he's facing looks absolutely horrible from the trailer though SMH. I expect a gimmick.

mileS

Fair warning tho, the KOTD Vancouver events are usually complete garbage. Some of the worst crowds of all time on top of that. But doesn't mean they can't turn it around or anything. Daylyt has also gone on record saying he will literally battle for anybody, and anybody, as long as they pay him (he apparently doesn't ask for much from the looks of it)

but if you don't pay him hes gon clap dat shit up

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Finally got around to watching that Holllow vs. Lux battle.

Shit was weak, through and through. The crowd is always going to be a part of these things, but at some point, they need to shut the living fuck up and let the rappers speak. Shit was annoying as fuck and I hate all of them.

Lux loses.
Hollow loses.
Audiences lost for having to pay to watch that shit.

Esch

Banned
Been trying to get a handle on this Slaughterhouse thing. Total mess. Trying to see Hollow body Joe Budden thoughhh

CtTvQ.gif

Beaulieu

Though I haven't seen a battle from him, the dude he's facing looks absolutely horrible from the trailer though SMH. I expect a gimmick.

he looks horrible from the trailer where you don't hear 1 line ? This a beauty battle or something?
why are you even posting ?

fingaz had some very good battles.

Finally got around to watching that Holllow vs. Lux battle.

Shit was weak, through and through. The crowd is always going to be a part of these things, but at some point, they need to shut the living fuck up and let the rappers speak. Shit was annoying as fuck and I hate all of them.

Lux loses.
Hollow loses.
Audiences lost for having to pay to watch that shit.

Yeah I just got done watching it too. I couldn't even concentrate on the rap battle because the audience was so obnoxious.

Esch

Banned
Crowd wasnt that bad. It was no worse than any KOTD or URL crowd. Hint: this is what all events look like without the editing the big leagues do.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
he looks horrible from the trailer where you don't hear 1 line ? This a beauty battle or something?
why are you even posting ?

fingaz had some very good battles.
Why are you even upset? I even qualified my impression by saying I don't know shit about the dude. Trailers/promotion are supposed to highlight whoevers on the card too, and it's not a good look if that's supposed to be a highlight of your career.

..are you Fingaz?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Please post said trailer.
http://youtu.be/BgCDBhCFZDs

Fingaz is actually solid. Check his performance vs Ness Lee.
After watching this, dude has some nice lines ("Arms so big, they'll leg lock ya" lol) but he really lacks convictions (half of his lines sound forced, the other half are "talk to 'em") and has a lot of mediocre stuff interspersed. It's actually frustrating to watch because he goes from having flow to not having flow fairly often. Potential is there though.

2-1 Ness Lee. Stumbles everywhere. Ness ethers his style in the last round "you sound like you are reading."

http://youtu.be/BgCDBhCFZDs

After watching this, dude has some nice lines ("Arms so big, they'll leg lock ya" lol) but he really lacks convictions (half of his lines sound forced, the other half are "talk to 'em") and has a lot of mediocre stuff interspersed. It's actually frustrating to watch because he goes from having flow to not having flow fairly often. Potential is there though.

2-1 Ness Lee. Stumbles everywhere. Ness ethers his style in the last round "you sound like you are reading."

His confidence is the weak link I think in terms of his delivery. That was his biggest battle to date and he's had problems in previous battles with forgetting his bars (hence the "my girls as bad as my memory" line). He's at that stage where I wouldn't necessarily want to watch every battle he's in but against the right opponents it's a guaranteed view from me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Queen of the Ring gets new venue. Anyone watch female MC battles? I watch them from time to time. First O-Red, now they got Daylyt battling a female on their next card they announced for March.

Upcoming: Charron vs. Ill Will at some Colorado League. This sounds like it's going to be dope.

Unbias Review - Hollow Da Don: The Road To Loaded Lux. Basically a long ass interview with Hollow where he goes over where the battle originated, and a ton of small details. Hollow turned him down because he hadn't battled in so long, and Lux was forced to take either Calicoe or DNA, and he took Calicoe. It would have been on either SM2 or Armaggedon. I didn't realize how thorough Lux was for this funeral shit, there's video in here of him conversing with state officials about shipping the body back to Detroit lmfao

Hollow said he'd battle Charron, but right now he doesn't want an overly friendly and geeky battle, but he'll entertain it in the future. He said he'd entertain an Aye Verb rematch (IMO Hollow's only loss), Arsonal rematch (but he doesn't like how he lied in the Charron battle so prob not), said he wouldn't battle Daylyt cause he's not serious enough and he mentioned Clips.

Says during the Lux battle he told Arsonal they could let Lux go up to 5 mins, but he still wanted time limits enforced, and they ended up being super strict with it. He also goes over bars he didn't get in as a result, how he left gaps in his rounds to challenge himself and thats why he got booed, seems like he had more exposing that he didn't get out. And he had a prop he didn't get to use too ("large picture"). It's really in depth (he makes a lot of really good points about the battle) and Hollow is a pretty humble dude. I 100% agree that Lux should've taken the Black Panther theme further in his bars.

His confidence is the weak link I think in terms of his delivery. That was his biggest battle to date and he's had problems in previous battles with forgetting his bars (hence the "my girls as bad as my memory" line). He's at that stage where I wouldn't necessarily want to watch every battle he's in but against the right opponents it's a guaranteed view from me.
Me and Esch discussed this in a plug session, but there are a lot of battlers I'd put in this category; battlers with styles I like but not consistent records or serious flaws. Sno for instance chokes pretty consistently in every battle, Nuborn has too, but when they're on their shit, they're on their shit.

Daylyt approaching Clips tier in terms of hiding chokes, weaving it into his style. SMH @ this battle.

Esch

Banned
Dont really give a shit about the chokes goin down in these 1998 vhs bullshit leagues, I think theyre a waste of time and energy for talented battlers but hey you gotta eat I guess. What I hate is the URL/KOTD choking and unpreparedness. Even from top tier dudes. Choking and average shit when youre getting a couple stacks for a battle? FOH. Smack needs to force some of these dudes to get fed to hungry PG dudes. Im waiting.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dont really give a shit about the chokes goin down in these 1998 vhs bullshit leagues, I think theyre a waste of time and energy for talented battlers but hey you gotta eat I guess. What I hate is the URL/KOTD choking and unpreparedness. Even from top tier dudes. Choking and average shit when youre getting a couple stacks for a battle? FOH. Smack needs to force some of these dudes to get fed to hungry PG dudes. Im waiting.
Smack is not pleased, he knows people are taking that shit as a free pay check. Dudes have the nerve to complain about it though like Smack is abandoning them when he gave them a platform to eat off of, some real sucka shit. I really do think Smack wants to throw everyone out who are bragging about being unprepared but people still are attached to the big names (just look at how many fucking views Holla vs. Conceited has) through their shitty performances and PG dudes aren't getting checked for.

Organik is toughening up too, a few weeks ago he tweeted about never booking people again who tweet about preparing last minute, and he's now not booking people who are taking other battles in close proximity to that battle, which is smart. URL said they might copy this too, which is good for everyone.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Danny Myers vs. Riggz. Myers too consistent with the gun too big lines.

Gutta vs. T Riley. Never imagined I'd her people GRR to Venus de Milo punchlines lmao. Gutta's 2nd and T Riley's 3rd
kttcoliwhew

SMH @ Daylyt. His first actual bar is recycled in/from the Ciddy battle and there are several more throughout the battle. Fuckouttahere Daylyt, Scheme went in too. THAT STAR TREK LINE WAS HARD TOO. Here's AngryFan's blog about Daylyts dumb shit. Lmao I dont know how this dude does his blogs every other day and still manages to get new tools.

Watched Godiva vs. Dutchess the other day. Dutchess 3-0.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
brahs, Ty Law is the fucking truth. This dude's consistency is unreal. He's got complex wordplay AND simple wordplay that just LANDS. In his two PGs he's had so many fucking quotables:

AR go off for 40 minutes, we ain't bloggin' bout Cassidy
Reed & them (reading them) lines was hard like Fantasia
Hollow verse the only time they're saying Sno dat n***a
Wiz Khalifa hair cut, he dyed (died) right in the front
How many in my heat? Ja beef; 51 (50 won)
Tommy get to kickin', it's not a Red Ranger
Ty (tie) always come with it like your suit and your slacks
Push her in the car while she kick her legs, tuck her (Tucker) in the trunk, she's not a friend of Craigs
Like bums standing by a fire how that barrel get lit
Ty (tie) up in arms like a heroin hit
My bullets all racist, they be knockin' n***as melons in (melanin)
You rhyme about Dragonball Z, thats why we hate you. Rhyming bout Goku.. what G OK'd you (U)?
You'll get a slug, if you insult (in salt) you'll die
Let the pound open up, its like a 2pac tour
Weird Al how I kill a pair of D (parody) n***as
Bout to plat Freddie Kruger and start cutting you n***as from the glove
Ty (tie) go over heads like Fresh Prince sittinng in class
Get a trick shot (trick-shot) like Uncle Phil in the pool hall
Hit the short one, had to Swing Low like the slave song
Trying to get him to pass those bars, you a lawyer n***a?

Hopefully enough dudes give him a shot so that he can eventually face B Magic for the barfest of barfests

Pearlito's Way

Neo Member
brahs, Ty Law is the fucking truth. This dude's consistency is unreal. He's got complex wordplay AND simple wordplay that just LANDS. In his two PGs he's had so many fucking quotables:

AR go off for 40 minutes, we ain't bloggin' bout Cassidy
Reed & them (reading them) lines was hard like Fantasia
Hollow verse the only time they're saying Sno dat n***a
Wiz Khalifa hair cut, he dyed (died) right in the front
How many in my heat? Ja beef; 51 (50 won)
Tommy get to kickin', it's not a Red Ranger
Ty (tie) always come with it like your suit and your slacks
Push her in the car while she kick her legs, tuck her (Tucker) in the trunk, she's not a friend of Craigs
Like bums standing by a fire how that barrel get lit
Ty (tie) up in arms like a heroin hit
My bullets all racist, they be knockin' n***as melons in (melanin)
You rhyme about Dragonball Z, thats why we hate you. Rhyming bout Goku.. what G OK'd you (U)?
You'll get a slug, if you insult (in salt) you'll die
Let the pound open up, its like a 2pac tour
Weird Al how I kill a pair of D (parody) n***as
Bout to plat Freddie Kruger and start cutting you n***as from the glove
Ty (tie) go over heads like Fresh Prince sittinng in class
Get a trick shot (trick-shot) like Uncle Phil in the pool hall
Hit the short one, had to Swing Low like the slave song
Trying to get him to pass those bars, you a lawyer n***a?

Hopefully enough dudes give him a shot so that he can eventually face B Magic for the barfest of barfests

I can't listen to dude. His delivery is a headache in the making. I won't say that he doesn't have bars, but he damn sure doesn't have a flow. He couldn't spit that over a beat

I enjoyed some of the deleted battles from 8 Mile, especially the girl who goes off on Eminem then he responds in kind.
And he wasn't even supposed to speak since he was saving his voice.
Terrible quality, but it was this scene.

Pretty sure it was ad-libbed.

what's interesting about this is, eminem actually battled a female in RL at the "rap olympics" before he got signed and was like "I never battled a female before" and he actually used one of the lines he used in that battle with this chick and this deleted scene was probably inspired by that event in his life as he comes off similar. but the "don't start taking your period out on me" was taken directly from his rap olympics battle with the female....the female emcee he battled at the rap olympics was Rah digga as well.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
anyone down for a plug sesh?

Trying to bone up on some more classics
Wanna do one tonight?

I can't listen to dude. His delivery is a headache in the making. I won't say that he doesn't have bars, but he damn sure doesn't have a flow. He couldn't spit that over a beat
I can see people thinking that, he has a certain swag he does it with though. Gentle giant image sort of hurts and he is sort of one note like B Magic in regards to delivery.

what's interesting about this is, eminem actually battled a female in RL at the "rap olympics" before he got signed and was like "I never battled a female before" and he actually used one of the lines he used in that battle with this chick and this deleted scene was probably inspired by that event in his life as he comes off similar. but the "don't start taking your period out on me" was taken directly from his rap olympics battle with the female....the female emcee he battled at the rap olympics was Rah digga as well.
Interesting.

Esch

Banned
Yea its frozenburg 2-1 or 3-0 no matter how you slice it. lol this dude was trying to get bigger names and he lawst.

mileS

I swear to god if I have to hear one more Family Guy dog dying line I'm gonna stop watching battles for a while. It's reaching the point of da feet lines. Get that shit out of here.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I swear to god if I have to hear one more Family Guy dog dying line I'm gonna stop watching battles for a while. It's reaching the point of da feet lines. Get that shit out of here.
Ain't that bad. You know what's the fucking worst? Bad Boy schemes.

see the feet/defeat
hair/here now like _____
I KNOW YOU'RE PUFFY, BUT YOUR Gs DEP/DEAD/DEPTH

I swear there isn't a flip of bad boy artists that I haven't heard at least 3 times yet.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lux' first interview after the battle, part 1. Talks various topics from Hollows angle to turning down deals. Part 2.

PG: Young Mose vs. Conya Raw

Yeah, I pretty much agree though I stand confidently by how I felt about it initially. I'm still not "mad" at anyone calling it for Lux, that's just silly.

RBE Presents: Aye Verb vs. Ah Di Boom

bout to eat

...gave it to boom
Yeah I gave it to Boom too. It was close though, Verb didn't phone it in.

EDIT: Apparently there will be a URL card in March and both Real Deal and Rone are on it
kttcolibanderas

EDIT2: Drect lets some shit off of his chest. Talks economics of battle rap (Read: Mook and Lux fucked the game up for everyone) and where he tried to go after GrindTime's collapse and where he is now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL March card announced.

1506708_805640229462215_634651324_n.jpg

The struggle is real, but I'm fine with these matches. Smack still pushing PGs harder than all the other talent. I wonder what the surprise battle is, would hope it's Reed vs. John John but NOME 4 looking like it might be light right now so I think they should save that for a bigger stage.

Real Deal 3-0, but the other two are too close to call. Lotta Zay vs. Nuborn has the potential to be something incredible if Nuborn doesn't choke.

Top Bottom