• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Royale Manga vol 7 -- discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matlock

Banned
Since I know that there's at least one of you out there that reads this book on a regular basis (Spike, I'm looking at j00), might as well vent about this new issue.

First of all, if there's a better or more gripping comic series out there right now, I'd like to know...After seeing some of the backstory and consequences thereof, everything falls into place. The ending...I knew it was coming from a mile away, but I didn't want to believe it.
...and wtf, why does Kazuo survive that bomb unscathed? I mean, he hid in the tractor, but HOW IS THAT ENOUGH?

Preview for next issue looks cool, with a feature on that ho of ho's (look at book 3 for an explicit look into her past) Mitsuko.

So far, I can't complain about this series at all. Everything's just clicked so far...and every issue makes me think...drains me emotionally...and somehow makes me want more.

I was pretty upset by BR vol. 7.
cry.gif

Every character that's been killed thus far has been given his/her time to shine but, with Mimura's death, it really seemed like it was the first time that a truly major player had their ticket punched. A lot of time was spent developing interest and depth with this character, through lots of dialogue and flashbacks and idealistic motivation, and then... BAM. A gruesome, agonizing death at the hands of cold-blooded Kazuo, after shooting a fellow student by accident. And to top it all off, Mimura has to die with the knowledge that he blew both of his chances at payback, against those running "The Program" and against his killer. Truly harsh. Probably one of the more sickening volumes of Battle Royale to date.

And for god's sake, would somebody PLEASE kill Kazuo already? He's pure evil.
mad.gif

Matlock

Banned
Spike: I wouldn't hold my breath on Kazuo dying soon, if I were you.

Don't get too attached to Karate boy either, if you know what I mean.

lordmrw

I spoiled it for myself too by going to a message board awhile ago, but there is one thing I wasn't sure about.....
does the explosion make Kazuo blind, or was that something else? I might have it confused with something else, as this was awhile ago that went about spoiling it.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Spike, I take it that you never saw the movie or read the book?

If you want to know who survives, view this spoiler:

Assuming the manga ends like the movie, Only Shuuya, his "girlfriend," and the previous winner helping them will live. EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE, meaning a certain bad guy, will die.

Now, I haven't read the book, but I like the manga version a HELL of a lot more than the movie...it's a lot more in-depth and you get more focus/backstory on all the characters. Having seen the movie though, I pretty much know who's going to get it and why...but it's still intense, :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom