• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle royale mode added to Red Dead Redemption 2 Online.

GenericUser

Rockstar in panic mode since nobody plays this shitty ass microtransaction galore mp trainwreck.

Last edited:

GenericUser

Are the player numbers that bad? I honestly haven’t heard anything about that.
I don't have any actual numbers and I doubt rockstar is willing to share them with us, but barely a thousand viewers on twitch whilst games like battlefield v still rock their two to fivethousand concurrend viewers at least gives me a hint.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Rockstar in panic mode since nobody plays this shitty ass microtransaction galore mp trainwreck.
Just stop it man
Grinding 5000 hours to get a new gun is fun!
You dont have to grind anyway.
Just buy some goldbars with real cash

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

I always trade in games for in-game currency of that game. I ain’t payin for no micro bullshit.

(I’m sure he meant credit 😇)

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I've still never played a BR game or mode. I don't enjoy last man standing modes where I'm potentially dead early in the round and have to wait for the rest of the players to finish having their fun.

I've still never played a BR game or mode. I don't enjoy last man standing modes where I'm potentially dead early in the round and have to wait for the rest of the players to finish having their fun.
You know you can exit and start next game in a few seconds..

Nymphae

Banned
You know you can exit and start next game in a few seconds..

No, I've never played them. So when people die in a match they all just drop out and look for new matches? Makes sense I guess lol. But I feel like I'd want to stay with the same group of players, what if you're with friends?

Last edited:

Fbh

On paper it sounds great but lock on aim only? I thought they'd disable that for multiplayer

Also a bit off topic but does Red Dead online actually have real matchmaking? or is it like GTA Online (at least back when I tried it) where if you want to play a specific game mode you have to invite other people who are in your "sessions" (and be ignored 99.9% of the time) with the only other option being to be sent to some random lobby where 90% of time it's either just one other player or someone who is waiting for his/her friends and instantly kicks you out?

J-Roderton

No, I've never played them. So when people die in a match they all just drop out and look for new matches? Makes sense I guess lol. But I feel like I'd want to stay with the same group of players, what if you're with friends?

Then you have to wait for the rest of the players to finish having their fun.

TacosNSalsa

After playing Blackout I'm in love with Battle Royale games even bought PUBG and getting my a$$ kicked on both pc and PSN (with the ps+bundle that is ) it feels like they are shoveling it into every game they can..can't wait for Kingdom Hearts III BR mode! Think of all the worlds they can connect together to make a big ass map! I'm goof(y)ing but it all seems forced and in a year or so fatigue really will set in an the only ones left standing will probably be PUBG and Fortnite and maybe this one as Rockstar doesn't release games often . Others that are attached to frequently released games like COD and Battlefield will probably just be dropped when the new one comes out especially if they add another BR..

zwiggelbig

you would think that after gta online and all the money they made they could have made a great online game for red dead online. But nope.. Hardly done at release. Calling it beta. then adding stupid microtransactions and pricing stuff ridiculously high. They really are a bunch of greedy basterds. I'm glad red dead online is tanking, they dont deserve the playerbase

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
you would think that after gta online and all the money they made they could have made a great online game for red dead online. But nope.. Hardly done at release. Calling it beta. then adding stupid microtransactions and pricing stuff ridiculously high. They really are a bunch of greedy basterds. I'm glad red dead online is tanking, they dont deserve the playerbase

??
Two completely different world environments though...there was no guarantee RDR2 online was going to be nearly as popular as GTA online. In fact i'd say most people including Rockstar themselves didn't think it would be as popular as GTA online.

Alfen Dave

Rockstars were never good at online/ multiplayers to begin with.

GTA 4 online was trash. They kinda lucked out on 5 and attempted the same success with RDR 2.

Nope. Not this time.

hecatomb

Banned
the pvp in this game is a complete mess. I feel like I'm playing a single player game, that just threw in multi player at the last second without even play testing it.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I played Red Dead online for like....5 minutes. The intro was so boring that I couldn't bring myself to continue to play it.

Yawn.

You couldn't pay me to touch RD Online. Fuck you Rockstar.

68puC6X.jpg

Top Bottom